Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Fifty Three posted:

Ask him what coach the Steelers could hire that would reliably get them winning seasons in perpetuity and, failing that, just try to steer him away from the thinly veiled racism that underpins every other moron calling for Tomlin to be fired

Also, if he's ok with any success Tomlin has after being fired, since a coach in his early 50s that won a Super Bowl will immediately be hired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Happy birthday SB!

In doubling-up birthdays, I have the day after my mom’s. I have gotten significantly better at wishing her a happy birthday on her birthday, not mine, as the years have gone on.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I'm at my neighborhood coffee shop because the sun was out and it's close enough of a walk that hovering near 0 isn't hazardous.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

The 7oz bottle of High Life with your Bloody means your breakfast is going to be greasy and amazing.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Also booze-free drinks are becoming popular around here and I’m glad the product exists for those who want it, but lol

I’m not drinking beer without alcohol lol. “Why yes I do want all the carbs of a loaf of bread in a disgusting liquid. What a deal!!!”

The calories in NA beers vary wildly, just like regular beers. You can find a 12oz can for under 50 calories, or closer to 120. Light beers are under 100, stouts closer to 200, and most others around 150.

Most importantly, if I have a booze-free beer I probably don’t want another one because that itch has been scratched. Way easier to have one more beer after having one beer, imo.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

kiimo posted:

Sorry to change the subject but the trailer I (my team and I) have been working on just dropped and I'm proud of this one. The trailer and movie rule. I posted this just now in the trailer thread but want to share it here too.

This is awesome, and I just saw someone else post it in a discord and there was a lot of “holy poo poo” reactions too. Great loving job.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

get paid to pet a dog. goals

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

BlindSite posted:

My stupid brain woke me up at 3am and I'm already sleepy. It's not even 8am. gently caress you brain.

Had similar dumb sleeping hours yesterday, and made matters worse by throwing a pot of coffee in my stomach with only a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. Having a Big Dumb Sandwich and fries for lunch, then a solid nap, saved my afternoon and evening.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Play Balatro or don't if you value your time

I was hooked before I played my first Flush House but that's when I knew it was going to be A Problem.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Today I saw a Dodge Stratus with the license plate STRATUS

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Hades scratches that itch for me to wind it out and absolutely annihilate some wretches to try and beat my speed record (14:48 btw) but I’ve basically uncovered everything and there isn’t much mystery left.

Yeah, Hades is fantastic for “ahh hell, lemme try something new with the shield for once with no heat” playing. I’ve recently put down Slay the Spire after getting to A20 on everyone except the Watcher, who will be stuck at A19 because Balatro has sunk its aces into me. It’s another cardbased rogue like, but you develop your deck of playing cards by powering up poker hands. Instead of the usual breaking of the difficulty curve by smoking your enemies quickly, it’s generating a big number based on what hand you play, what’s left in your available cards and the jokers you’ve picked up. The hardest part is getting out of playing a four of a kind because it’s a better poker hand than a flush, but you’ve geared your entire deck around getting extra points for clubs played and in your hand.

gently caress I’m gonna go play it now.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I regularly use “as in here I am, rock you like a hurricane.”

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Get well soon Braks!

swickles posted:

Oh and a quick note about turnover times (TOT) for ORs.

So yeah, its wild to do all that in half an hour, but it does in thousands of facilities everyday.

I do consulting work with hospitals looking at their operating room efficiency, so this has been a weird discussion to jump into. Half an hour for TOT is the rule of thumb, and generally achievable for many case types aside from, as you said, the really complicated ones that tend to take longer in the room, so they’re performed less frequently from the jump. Eyes, scopes, and shots are the other side - way simpler, way quicker, and I’ve seen turnover times close to 10 minutes or less for those kinds.

The thing about having a half an hour for TOT is that it can be a result of how it’s defined. I don’t know when the next room is ready for a patient, I just know when the next patient is wheeled in, so the TOT is measured as the time between patients. But, if a case ends at 5 PM, and the next one starts at 7 AM, that’s not 14 hours of TOT. Hospitals generally don’t include anything over an hour. Which means that if you regularly take 75 minutes to turnover a room in some circumstance, that’s not getting captured by the average. If you include all those opthomology and scopes (some do, some don’t) and miss the turnovers you should work on, yeah you probably get half an hour as the average based on the math of only having numbers 0-60.

The other thing I’ve found is that there’s a strong correlation between what the surgeon for that case did previously. If the same surgeon stays in the same room, that’s a quicker turnover than a new surgeon in the room. A surgeon running two rooms simultaneously is in between - that’s aligning the cases so one room is being set up while the surgeon is operating in the other. Tends to happen most with ortho.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

I guess I never really thought about it much until yesterday. That place was a well oiled machine. Honestly, the worst thing that happened (that I know about) was that it took four tries to get Braks' IV in. Her bruises look like a map this morning.

Oh and Swickles, she just farted, so we can rest easy. :D

I have this exact same feeling whenever I see a well-edited Youtube video about civil engineering. Like there's a curtain being lifted that lets me see the whole instead of the parts, but I made up the curtain.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

My team is currently losing to a rapist.

The Big 10 was mad at the Badger pep band for chanting "no means no" during the Big 10 championship game and threatened to kick them out if they didn't stop.

The irony was lost.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My work playlist started off with some bangers this morning and got me thinking about cover songs that are as good or better than the original. Paramore's cover of a Drake song sparked the thought. Lauryn Hill's cover of Can't Take My Eyes Off of You is also up there.

Devo's cover of the Rolling Stones (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction is my pick.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Any of y'all been to Rome? I'm spending a couple days there for work and have 1.5 days free. I've got one morning going to the colleseum, the Roman forum and Palantine Hill, then will probably get lunch then I got the rest of day till dinner. I might head to the Vatican if my Catholic guilt takes over but I'm also upset with the church so...

Getting dinner that night then I've got a gala dinner the following evening as I pretend I'm a serious businessman.

https://bottegatredici.it/en/I stumbled on a fantastic restaurant there (Google Maps link - https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...05b8l?entry=ttu) and had a kickass cod ravioli, this cheese soup with over-easy eggs, and a great tiramasu. If you're near the center, Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain will be slammed with people but are great for wandering around.
I'd avoid Trastevere, it's a little out of the way for a short trip. Vatican is worth it and for you, paying for a way to skip the line would be too. Vatican Museum is gigantic and actually overwhelming to walk through to get to the Sistine Chapel. You can get lost wandering around all the cool stuff on Palantine Hill, and take cool pictures with the Coliseum in the background there.

Most importantly: if you want to drink, you can drink outside on sidewalks and streets. You can buy a bottle of wine in a restaurant, have half of it in the restaurant, and then finish it on your walk. I did not take full advantage of that.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I know we have some KC folks itt. I’m gonna be there late June/early July for the USA-Uruguay soccer game. What should I check out while I’m in town? The Negro Leagues Baseball museum is on the list. Any other must-sees?

Kansas City Joes Barbecue, formerly Oklahoma Joes. Life changing meal.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Anyone else been playing Balatro cause I might be a little obsessed?

It's exceptional. I need to get better at "you just need to complete the stake for completionist purposes" versus "ok we are going to the loving moon here let's build the entire deck out of kings of clubs with red seals." gently caress it's a good game.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Very pleased to report that their parent company has some absolute sauce: https://global-tetrahedron.com/about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm loving the Drake/Lamar beef but it's made me realize how out of touch I am with contemporary rap. Why is Kendrick Lamar called Kdot?

KDot was his old stage name, he dropped it for his given name professionally but it's helpful to have multiple names to rhyme with different things in the rap game.