Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Another victim of Snyder Derangement Syndrome, so sad. When will someone put a stop to those dastardly Snyder bros enjoying movies that have been empirically proven to be bad by the worlds top leading movieologists? Have they not harvested enough victims?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I've been curious about one piece, especially after I saw the live action series that was actually pretty good, but I just can't get over how...anime it is, for a lack of better term. The kind of lame slapstick humor, the extremely overexaggerated expressions at said slapstick, the way it always pans to reaction shots everytime someone does something even mildly impressive...
It's like it doesn't trust the audience to know what emotion they're supposed to be feeling at any given time so the anime heavily emotes so you're sure how to react. It's like those "applaud" signs with sitcoms with a live studio audience.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1752335140645212338?s=20

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Saw this on twitter, and thought some of you might get a kick out of it

https://x.com/HariSel57511397/status/1758251273617375340?s=20

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Pretty people can do no wrong, and if you side with the uggos, then you're a terrible person, clearly

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I've been on twitter too long to assume someone is arguing in bad faith when they might just be stupid. I'd say it's even odds for either

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I watched two movies today, War-Gods of the Deep and The Marvels.

War-Gods of the Deep was a lot of fun. Vincent Price as a menacing sea captain, lots of Jules Verne style turn of the century scuba suits, mermen, actual guys in full body merman costumes swimming around and getting into fights the Jules Verne guys, big classic cave sets, a Scottish man with a chicken. Just a fun olde timey sci-fi time.

The Marvels was a bit of a mess. It serves as a sequel to three things; the Ms. Marvel show no one watched, a minor subplot from the Wandavision show, and, and this one's the largest factor, a Captain Marvel movie that does not exist. Like, do you remember at the end of Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel says she's going to go gently caress up the Kree for being bad guys? And then that's just never mentioned again? Well, we discover through flashback like half an hour into this movie that she did do that off screen between movies. She destroyed the giant computer that ran their society and was their god, and also boiled their seas, wiped out most of their atmosphere, and extinguished their sun. And this movie is about one evil Kree lady trying to steal other planet's oceans, atmosphere, and sun in order to save the Kree homeworld.

These fuckin late era Marvel movies are trying to do way too much poo poo.

Wait, Captain Marvel committed omnicide offscreen?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

Wikipedia indicates she just killed the god computer, and then they had a civil war that torched their atmosphere, dried up their seas, and crippled their sun. So still sort of but not exactly and then she fixes their sun at the end

Oh so it's just good old US interventionism then. Perfectly in line with the Air Force mascot, actually

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

More like degenerative ai amirite

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, it's 100% getting leaked, which is why I haven't read that summary.

Last I heard it was literally deleted off the WB computers and servers. Unless someone pulled a Zack Snyder Heist and stashed a copy on a usb or something, it's gone forever.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah, those files get moved around so much between the studios and various post-production houses that I would be loving shocked if it was completely gone everywhere. Maybe whatever servers WB manages directly have deleted it. But there is no way it is gone.

That's certainly optimistic, and hopefully true. It's honestly despicable that they're able to get away with destroying movies like this, so I really do hope we'll get to see it and the other movies they canned some day

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Traveling through Europe: I shall simply purchase a train ticket to my destination

Traveling through America: Well, I consulted with the three-eyed crone and she said "Best ye not speed through Seguin, lest it be the last place ye are seen" so I guess we need to look out for speed traps after we get through San Antonio.

Lol, lmao if you think you can easily purchase train tickets for a trip across europe

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

McCloud posted:

Lol, lmao if you think you can easily purchase train tickets for a trip across europe

Just for clarification, this is a hassle because each country has its own rail companies so you have to basically buy a ticket for each country you cross. So from spain to poland you’d have to buy a ticket from like spain - paris, then another from paris to berlin, then berlin to warsaw.

So no, one does not simply order one trans-european rail ticket, unless its some sort of queer circuit party

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The source of this is from Umberto Gonzales, who made his career being a mouthpiece for higher up WB suits and pushing whatever agenda they're having this week. I wouldn't take it too seriously

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

When it comes to disputes with giant corporations vs people, I always root for the people, especially if that corporation is Warner Bros or Disney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

If you want a wrestler turned actor that's actually good, Bautista is right there.