Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Thing is, this is unironically useful. I communicate very, very frequently with folks in at work over text. It's becoming more and more relevant as technology advances, and it's important to get a grasp on how to communicate properly to casual acquaintances vs work colleagues, and the subtleties and nuances between live chat vs e-mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

The_Other posted:

What I find ironic about Rall's Trump current Trump cartoons is that I remember Rall stating in one of his columns that there should be a rule that if you have a parent or relative that was elected to a poltical office, you should atomatically be disqualified for running for that postition. I tried to find the column but after reading several of Rall's pieces I had to stop.

Admittedly Rall probably meant this to avoid nepotism and was a reaction to the 2000 election and the presidency of George W Bush (which did a number on Rall's brain). But which if more undemocratic; disqualifying someone for instigating a coup after they didn't like the election results, or disqualifying someone because their uncle served in Congress?

To be fair, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea for the highest offices (Congress/President/Supreme Court). It might help break up the dynastic control of various seats and things. Granted, I don't know that it would make that much of an impact (most of those folks would go on to be members of various groups that control the levers of power anyway), but we have over 300 million folks in the US, so disqualifying a few thousand of the most privileged of them at any given time isn't that big a deal.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

“They only like Ike… “ is mildly amusing

Which for prickly city is quite the accomplishment

I'm mildly curious - prior to the Great Orange One, Reagan was the person worshipped as the conservative god. Was Reagan's worship ever as intense, or was he just someone that most folks liked because movie star?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Your natural aggression

It's hilarious because there are dozens of other sports and options that don't involve brain injuries. Hell, wrestling is probably one of the best examples there are for a sport that's as full contact as it is possible to be, while still being quite safe for participants.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Heliotrope posted:

Hey. Hey Drew. Do you think there might be another reason people don't like Biden other then age? I know Democrats decided that rape wasn't actually that bad when Joe Biden decided to run but "It's fine to help another country carry out their genocide" is gonna be a bit more difficult to sell.

Trump absolutely would continue the genocide and do so with gleeful abandon. It's not a choice where we get to choose between one person who supports it and one person who does not.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

hooman posted:

So the only way to stop the genocide is to let democrats know that we won't vote for them if they do genocide. Got it.

Both major political parties support the genocide. There's virtually nothing we can actually do to prevent it. It's sad, it's awful, but it's also the reality of the situation. Voting Republican will not stop the genocide, and will likely just accelerate it given the bloodlust shown by conservatives towards Muslims in the past. Voting Democratic will also not stop the genocide because the party leadership is unwilling to stop funding Israel.

If we had a functioning democracy, a third party would be able to step up and potentially move the needle among left-leaning parties, but we do not.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

War profit is useful Keynesian cyclical spending. A confusing cartoon.

I think it's specifically calling it out as useless though - the coins are just dropping out immediately without accomplishing anything.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

At least one cartoonist has to be a big enough nerd to do a Akira Toriyama obit, right?

We’ll never have another shot at a crying Goku

Damnit, why do I always find this out in the politoons thread of all places?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Is it just me or does that look a hell of a lot like Trump?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Also, gas pumps don't work without power, so if the EV charger is out, one would expect the pump to be out as well?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I can't tell whether this is real ChatGPT output or I'm being subtly trolled by those being transcripts of actual PC comics.

I think this says more about Stantis than me or you though.

The ChatGPT offerings are significantly more interesting than the PC comics, and require some new art assets, which is how you can tell that they aren't transcripts of the actual comics.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

It's one of those things that you know everyone is working on, but that it's a terrible idea to generally tell everyone that you're working on it. Same with spying on your allies, and any other number of things to not mention directly.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

SithDrummer posted:

Donald Trump, who I love, shares a lot of the same morals with Bill Clinton, who I have despised as an unfaithful liar for decades. Gotcha libs!

It's also funny because Clinton hasn't been president for what, 24 years? There are folks in their 40s who were too young to vote for or against Bill Clinton.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Microplastics posted:

Not one to nitpick the FBI's methods but couldn't they have blurred the photos

That creates the possibility that classified info leaks because a photo was improperly blurred or failed to be blurred. It's much safer to meticulously document where everything was and then put in a placeholder, and the act of photographing the placeholder helps to ensure that everything was documented correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Microplastics posted:

Sorry what war is this? What ocean is that

DEBT