Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

HA! my first thought too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Famous supervillain, Superman (Yes, I'm aware of Injustice)
There needs to be a Kellies category for stuff like this but I'm not sure what to call it. Often it shows up as Santa bad.
e: Kellies nomination: Are we the baddies?
they are SO ANGRY about "come on, man" because it's so dismissive of their golden god, and such a plea for sanity and reality they violently reacted every time. for awhile it was EVERYWHERE, like when psaki said "circle back" once or twice and suddenly it was all she ever said, or harris laughing and now she's "the ridiculous laughing vp!!!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Islamic Shock posted:

Let's roleplay their idea of a Democratic politician.

Boy oh boy I can't wait to go to work and get to work destroying America! Hey wait a minute... that's where all my stuff, power and money is located... oh well, I sure do looove loving myself and everyone I know! Sure is amazing half the politicians in this country love it as much as I do!
that's pretty much what republicans are doing. they want to destroy the fed so they can rule over their little fiefdoms in peace, without the feds poking their noses in on who, exactly, they're murdering/letting vote/giving rights to.

given the law of projection they firmly believe the democrats are trying to do the same thing just in service of kingdoms full of minorities i guess? it's all so vague and not well thought out because democrats never try to sever from the feds but they did, once upon a time, separate from the racists. ergo democrats must be trying to tear down the federal government to give power to minorities to rule over whatever euphemism they're using for "whites"

edit: pastis is 100% woke and all of the political stuff he does is really good

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the best part about ted rall is you know he googles his name so you know he reads all of these

gently caress you rall

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Pants Donkey posted:

Let’s count Rall the ways he sucks:

:yeeclaw:
his biography was amazing

ted rall, sitting alone in a diner, spends his last dollar on soup when an incredibly beautiful and powerful woman makes eye contact and he sighs because she just wants his body :( :(

also sad blowjob when he's asking his mom for money

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
loving...trump got 91 indictments against him, we're ramping up to election season, skelley all YOU GUYS HEAR ABOUT THE PLANE THING??

thanks skelley. he got halfway through this before he realized there's no way to blame biden or have a child say something like "when trump was president door plugs didn't fall out!" but kept going anyway.
fingers on the pulse

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

I AM GRANDO posted:

Can’t believe these DEI incompetents successfully stole an election and defeated the great omnipotent Trump.
i can't believe trump is taking credit for the economy while these useless stick figures are currently running the country!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vib Rib posted:

Why the gently caress are you even friends?
I know this is supposed to be some Calvin and Hobbes imitation but while they fought, it was never like this. It was childish tussling, grabbing, tumbling in big cartoony tangles. Calvin never hit Hobbes in the face with a loving haymaker.
it's supposed to be some "both sides" poo poo but it's pretty clear that one person keeps starting the fights
"i'm in charge"
"NO! *throws a punch*"
clearly, both sides are to blame :(

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

idonotlikepeas posted:

Lisa Benson

Kellies Nomination: Most Opposite of Reality
*fed reorganizes tax brackets to give people more take home pay*
dragon: "thanks, trump!!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vib Rib posted:

Well you definitely wouldn't.
to be fair stantis does keep in mind the famous speech wherein MLK floated in an empty void for twenty minutes before shrugging and saying "politics! amirite, folks??"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Nudity
i'm distracted by haley wearing nothing at all...nothing at all...nothing at all...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

DalaranJ posted:

There’s like missing pre-panels on this one. They look so shocked. I’m going to assume that a republican just tossed a baby like a football out of the window of that house.
yeah, there's something horrible just off screen

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

World Famous W posted:

i know im a broken record on this but it rings hollow attacking one party for having a sexual assaulting creep as it's top nominee while ignoring your parties own
it's a primary ballot...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"the other party" wouldn't be on a primary ballot...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

World Famous W posted:

ok. you're not telling me something i don't know.

the toon is pointing out during the republican primary that one of the choices (donald trump) is a sexual abuser. this is to present that the republicans are bad for allowing such a person to be the likely candidate going into the general

my objection is that the cartoon is a real "stones, glass houses" thing because the democratic primary (as much as there is one) also has that same issue

at no point has there been confusion that it is a primary ballot in the cartoon or why ain't the democrats on a republican primary ballot

ok...but how do you express that on a primary ballot for one party?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
so you're just mad he didn't write and create an entirely different comic?

ok.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
*shrug* ok. so you don't have a problem with the comic itself, you're just mad we don't live in a universe where both sides are always represented in a fair and balanced manner. ok. you're going to be mad a whole bunch in this thread.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
even gave it a name "operation chaos". it was the first thing i thought of too

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
... i mean...yeah.

i bet that "small border town" of *checks notes* texas, is better prepared to handle something that happens to them regularly than places that it doesn't. kinda like how new york is better prepared for a terrorist attack, or snow. lol i bet new york doesn't even have a plan in place for desert conditions in summer!!!

it's like sitting near the emergency exit: if you're not prepared to be sitting there move. go be the governor of a non-border state if you don't want to deal with border issues you assholes. you're moving next to an airport and whining about all the noise. grow up, accept your responsibility, or loving move on so someone else cn.

only republicans can run on the platform of "the job is hard, i'm not prepared to do it, elect me to lead."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

"did you know: abortions end a pregnancy?"
"i...i hadn't thought of it that way!!! and who's this? 'jesus christ' you say?? and he died for MY sins???"

these people are so ignorant and can't conceive that other people might not be, it really is a lack of empathy all the way to the foundation of right wingers

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
scott adams slowly inventing both stand up comedy and the blog was not on my 2024 list. i wonder what he'll name them :allears:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
dilbert broke: "hey boss, i'd like a raise"
"sorry, i'm too busy driving awesome cars to give you money!!"
*dilbert fumes*

dilbert woke: "hey boss i'd like a raise"
"you already work from home"
*third panel reveal that dilbert was facetiming the boss from the beach* "i promise i'm hardly working!!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"dark money" = "theory i pulled out of my rear end"

wizzardstaff posted:

Carmen Sense as in common sense.

Took me a moment too.

wait she got her last name from her aunt bear?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Brawnfire posted:

She was named "Carmen" after her Aunt, Carmen Sense.
haha statis you loving moron!

just the loving worst

edit: the small hispanic/black girl has all the same cultural indicators of a middle aged white man. she never uses loan words or phrases, calls for godmother "aunt last name" instead of "mom" or "titi" or any of the other dozens of honorifics reserved for godmothers. i've never seen a culture that calls a godmother "aunt". "aunt" is reserved for female friends of the family the same age as your mom

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 30, 2024

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
dammit i almost called the "relatives with other 'blank-sense' names" bullshit. the storyline will continue until he can't think of any more

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

in 1997.
i had to look it up.
how are you proud of yourself to do something like that?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

JamesBont posted:

:latestfad:

But seriously, what is with the sudden increase in "SOME GIZMO" cartoons recently? Did I miss something?
what else are they gonna talk about? their candidate is a clown, the other side is doing a good job. "look over here at this thing by the way please keep voting gop NO don't look at the candidate your grandchild has a phone!!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"how can we be forgotten, what about our memorable adventures??"
*floats in a void talking about how both sides are the same so there's no point*

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Guavanaut posted:

I mean yeah every step forward made since the neolithic revolution has reduced some social inequalities and exacerbated others, what's your point?

(Obviously that we should celebrate uncritically all progress that benefits Fishman and vehemently oppose any progress that benefits anyone else, but he's already saying that.)
back in the day people like tinsley were all up in arms because this newfangled "bi-cycle" would get women's nethers all in an uproar and said they'd be the end of the smart, demure young lady as we know it!

it's great that society advances so much that deplorable people have to pretend they NEVER would have been such old fashioned assholes. you know drat well tinsely is only 50 years off of making "women wearing pants????" comics

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vib Rib posted:

Okay, did he die?
can't really complain about trump being killed by court stuff when the chuds assured me that it would backfire and trump would be embraced by the black community for being a criminal.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump is a horse's rear end. AGC.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Who Are You to State the Obvious?

"you shouldn't listen to 'medical' 'experts'" ted "wart grew into my heart like a cork" rall

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
70 million people who still bring up "hanoi jane": yay tucker! why shouldn't we hear from the other side???

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

it says "pearly gates" no mention of walls.

but i love the idea that heaven had to build walls to keep people out

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
this. this is what it feels like. except there's also a whoooooooole bunch of people standing around not caring

Randalor posted:

The Supreme Court bitchslapped the Democrats... who weren't the ones that wanted Trump off the ballot in the first place?

Kellies nomination: Gaslighting, Opposite of Reality
there's no way branco knows anything beyond the infowars headlines

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump raised the standard deduction. i'll give him that.

of course it expires next year while his tax cuts were permanent...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Antigravitas posted:

I seriously do not understand how the USA can gently caress up elections all the time, everywhere, at every level.

Germany uses simple paper ballots and everything is over and done with in one evening even for federal elections, embarrassments like Berlin excepted.
because eah side has many lawyers.

i forget which election it was but they did a hand recount after because it was too close to call. there were three republican lawyers and three democratic lawyers.
they went through each vote one at a time.
the republicans agreed to disqualify a couple of votes.
at the end of the count the republicans lost by one vote.
so the republican lawyers asked the republican counters and republican judge to count the previously disqualified republicans votes and they agreed so it was a tie.
so the republican lawyers, watched by a republican judge and republican officials flipped a coin.
and the republican won.

and that's why elections are confusing.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
people who make a living creating "get off my lawn" type political cartoons: "who's this old man??"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This would be a perfectly acceptable cartoon except for Biden's speech being on fire. Why is it on fire? What's the metaphor there supposed to be? It makes Biden look like an out-of-it putz, waving boxing gloved-hands inches from a burning stack of papers, which is pretty obviously the opposite of what Horsey wants to convey. Kellies Nomination: Unforced Error
i think horsey is more and more "common sense both sides" kinda guy.
"yes the right is a bunch of radical ghouls that want to usher in a thousand years of religious autocratic rule...but the left is far too radical too...just don't ask me to name any examples..."

i recently went on a youtube binge of rightwing movie reviews. on youtube they are split into three camps:
1: "i disagree with the movie's views and it's trash"
2: "i agree with this movie's views and it's awesome"
and the 3rd: "i am a neutral observer above the political divide, the movie is trash but so are all the equivalent far left movies that go too far left. i will not name any of these movies."

i watched the reviews in a row that had the same message "lady ballers is stupid and trash but they have a point that maybe movies that push the 'trans agenda' are too far as well" they then do not name a single example. they're fighting this very real example of far right directly in front of them but creating whole cloth a far left example just to seem balanced and neutral.
here horsey points out that yes, maybe the gop has been taken over by far right ghouls that want to usher in a theocracy...but aren't the left just cheerleaders for themselves and their fighting words and devicise speeches? as if the vice president should, in the interest of fairness, boo her side every once in awhile. i mean how can we trust the vice president if they do nothing but cheer their own party?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Sephyr posted:

Low bar, but that's the best Rall I have seen in a long while. No word wall, no smug "You should all be caring about THIS, sheeple", actual concise message expressed visually.
yup. he's even acknowledging biden's words instead of pretending biden is dripping with blood as he cheers for israel. solid B work.

JamesBont posted:

Stiglich, it's not a good idea to poke fun of the intended demographic of your cartoons.
that's also not what the phrase mean. stiglich got as far as "old man yells" and spent the next 15 minutes clapping for himself for being insightful.
also harris made a face once. better be the exact same face forever until the end of time itself. just uncreative and pointless all around. D-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yeah but that's what they say every drat time. "old slow joe old slow joe old slowmust be on uppers must be on uppers must be on uppers"
they either win legitimately or the other side cheated.