Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Glad that Michigan got to piss everyone off in the last real season of CFB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Asked my dad (Michigan State alum) how it feels to have seen Saban lose his final CFB game in-person, dad responds "Great! Good riddance mf'er". Some grudges never die.

Sirotan posted:

Just got to see the natty trophy at my completely deserted local Meijers lmao

No I didn't touch it

There's a deserted Meijer's?

Gonna have to tell my mom to check it out if she hasn't already.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

post hole digger posted:

it would be an all time insane gently caress up to hire anyone but moore at this point

For sure, he already demonstrated that he can beat Ohio State and that's probably enough to convince a lot of Michigan folks :v: Doubt we hear anything about potential Harbaugh moves until after this weekend's celebration, but I'm at peace with him leaving if that's what he wants.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Warbird posted:

Also how the hell do you say his name?

You'll be saying "De-Booooo-erns" after two years :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I remember having a random friend in high school (early to mid 00s) who was a huge Bama fan despite living literally in the shadow of the University of Michigan, and thinking at the time how weird it was. Then again I didn't have much of a concept of non-Big Ten college football until I got older.

pillsburysoldier posted:

A little, yeah. Bama is a better job for all ways except that the fans are maniacal weirdos

What tier 1 CFB program doesn't have a fanbase full of maniacal weirdos?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Warbird posted:

Well anyway.

What sort of BBQ do you figure ol' Dobby likes?

Vandy.

Tier 1 not D1

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Incoherence posted:

Thai places in particular are loving everywhere because the Thai government uses it as a form of diplomacy.

I'm married to a Thai native and she avoids most Thai restaurants in the US lol

Actually, for the Michigan and Michigan State folks ITT she does genuinely like No Thai (Thai fast casual chain with a few spots in Ann Arbor and East Lansing), mostly because it has a reliable baseline.

C. Everett Koop posted:

lmao at goons acting like they wouldn't live in shithole x for 10m/y

The thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion of taking my major US metro salary + full-time remote job and loving off back home to Michigan, and I make way less than 10m. Probably an impossible sell to my wife though, alas and the cost of living in or near Ann Arbor and my folks is probably closer to where I currently live than I care to think about

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 13, 2024

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Sirotan posted:

This is hilarious bc my experience has been that the spice level is wildly inconsistent depending on the location/day/weather. But now I really want some pad thai.

Oh are people down on No Thai? My parents get it all the time and my Michigan grad brother likes it too.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hell yeah lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I doubt his stock could go higher with a senior season, good for him taking his shot now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Can't wait to see BoB get promoted the next time Ryan Day loses to Michigan.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Adun posted:

A Big Time program not even interviewing the external candidates and seeing who else is out there seems like malpractice?

They'll look at names but I don't see how they can hire anyone besides Moore after last season, especially if you're trying to avoid a Bama-like bleed out of players.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The come-down next fall for SE Michigan football fans is going to be ugly.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
lol at Ryan Day being made to hire his potential replacement not once but twice in the past month. The Game gonna be absolutely wild this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Thermos H Christ posted:

The messed up thing is, if their history is any guide, tOSU actually could fire Ryan day for only winning 90% of his games and somehow come out ok.

Yeah that's what makes Ohio State so infuriating as a rival - I don't think they've had a truly bad season in my lifetime. Maybe the one Fickell year but there's a pretty big caveat to that (plus they almost beat Michigan that year anyway). And then they immediately picked up Urbz! Where is their RichRod moment?

Truther Vandross posted:

Kelly is not going to replace Day and neither was BoB. There’s a reason Vrabel is just going to chill for a year.

Ugh, I can see it.