Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Dango Bango posted:

The thread title made me imagine Harbaugh stealing military secrets lmao

He’s definitely the type of guy who’s come across some on the War Thunder forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Komet posted:

Serious post I am going to a Penn State wrestling match Sunday

Which locker room are they holding it in?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

RG3 did the needful

https://twitter.com/RGIII/status/1744546749123895737

... that does not sound like it's spelled, that i is not an a

Knaigga? Please.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

D.N. Nation posted:

AD Mitchell is going pro and his Players' Tribune thing is very sweet.

The transfer portal rules

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Oops!! All JJ McCarthies!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
News:
https://x.com/MrGo30/status/1744914653137006902?s=20

Views: lol :shepicide:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Gonz posted:

Oh my God what was that safety even doing? How the hell did I not notice that?

*in Tim Robinson voice*

what the hell?

JJ with a big brained off target throw, broke my man down unfortunately

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

pillsburysoldier posted:

Someone asked about this being the insane cfb fans that track air traffic for coaching searches
https://twitter.com/CFB_Memezone/status/1745264103856185831

But pretend it’s a purple “W” not a U

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Komet posted:

Unless DeBoer is a high school recruit that takes one team's sweatshirt off to reveal another team's T-shirt on signing day, there's no way he's going on local radio in Washington to announce he's taking the Alabama job.

Well supposedly he’s no longer going on local radio!!!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Also Sark did just that lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Omnikin posted:

Couple minutes to prove it for Bear Bryant's Burner Baby

I lived bitch

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

I was only referring to the 11 / 2 deadline, I remain not owned.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Henchman of Santa posted:

Well it was a fun two years bandwagoning the Huskies. At least my lifelong team made a hire that seems good! Maybe UW can poach Leipold or something. I imagine keeping Grubb and promoting him is not an option.

Leipold is the name that keeps coming up in Circles

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Warbird posted:

Also how the hell do you say his name?

“Deh Bow-er”

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Warbird posted:

Also how the hell do you say his name?

In three years “former Alabama coach Deh Bow-er”

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Whoa, Big 10, huh? Alright. Well, see ya later!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

post hole digger posted:

its crazy that people here are acting like there arent roughly 5 premier college football jobs in all of america and alabama is like 1a or 1b of those jobs.

It’s more like at Bama he’ll at best be remembered as the third best coach in the history of the program, whereas at UW he could have been the best of all time and the father of the program above Don James.

That obviously isn’t who he as a person, is so I’m excited to root for him to fail now! Like I understand the move on a professional level but on a fan / rooting level I hope nothing but horrible things happen to him now, and let’s go Dawgs of the South I hope Uga bites his crotch opening day of the SEC season.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Is there no footbaw-respecting tech bro who can shower Washington football with money and make them a top 15 recruiting and staff budget team ?

Tech bros are loving nerds.

We don’t have nearly as many roofing company and tire dealership empires full of failed athletes shoveling all of their loose change into the football coffers.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

pillsburysoldier posted:

The folks who makes Lorem Ipsum jokes and post about the "Superb Owl" every year are not fundraising for football

Let’s see Paul Allen’s card.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean Washington had half a stadium until like 10 years ago

What are you talking about lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Fuckin lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Metapod posted:

That's a recruiting issue

Not really. California is huge and while all the 5-star glamor boys will go to USC before flaming out and transferring to Boise state, there are oodles of Harbaugh and Deboer-esqe 3 and 4-star guys to snag.

If Oregon is snagging in state guys that’s no different than Bama having four powers in its backyard.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Komet posted:

I feel bad for Washington fans, but at the same time, Washington is on Penn State's schedule now, so oh well. A weakened Washington is better for Penn State's playoff prospects.

Very Penn State to prey on a young group that lost its father figure.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Metapod posted:

Yes really having no access to Texas Louisiana Florida is a recruiting issue.

Worked fine this year.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
UW has a weirdo regional advantage of a pipeline of religious Pacific Islanders, it’s honestly a very underrated thing.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Komet posted:

USC, UCLA, and Washington are weak programs

So you saying Franklin’s Penn State might be able to beat them?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Victorious Radia posted:

as depressed as i am that i am now siding with you, my hated posting nemesis for one day a bit ago, like - yeah. im still here! gah!!

Let’s go B1G, gently caress an SEC

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Henchman of Santa posted:

Is UW's advantage there more significant than the rest of the coastal schools? Big rear end Polynesian dudes are/were a staple of the whole Pac-12 and Mountain West in my estimation.

Not really it’s just that UW and UO are the big dogs in the region and get the best ones (BYU and Utah sometimes snag some for obvious reasons).

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Komet posted:

Franklin's Penn State already beat Washington in the Fiesta Bowl. Franklin is only shook by Ohio State.

Non playoff bowls are meaningless (which makes me sad)

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Odd that it’s still “sources say” imho

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It's significantly better than Tuscaloosa unless you really love humidity, southern accents, bbq (this one does hurt), or all the evil racial history

Sioux Falls has plenty of the last one sir

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Every time a west coast school ascends they get torn down for “violations” that are absolutely par for the course at the big southern powers but y’all aren’t ready for that conversation.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Fun fact, you'll find escaped southerners everywhere bc the deep south/gulf coast blows and a ton of us leave. And sadly as lovely as some of the northern places are they all manage to be better

I didn't say zero evil historical racial poo poo, this is America after all but let's not pretend anyone but their Confederate neighbors can even hold a candle to Alabama on that one.

Buddy I live in the PNW where idiot white libtards do Amazon-sponsored native land acknowledgements before sporting events and pat themselves on the back for electing Biden while he’s bombing brown people all around the world, not to minimize the heinous south of our great land but it’s an empire of skull pyramids no matter where you live.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
On this point, let’s get back to making GBS threads on Oregon

https://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon-white-history-racist-foundations-black-exclusion-laws/

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Bet all those kids wish they had earlier

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Kirios posted:

I don't really care about either team (Maybe a slight preference to Oregon since I live here), but I love all the Washington fans that poked fun at Oregon for losing Lanning when they lost their coach instead.

Washington fans, I think you lost your best chance for a title about four days ago.

We have two titles

I guess Oregon has a few banners

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

dphi posted:

How many coaches do you currently have?

Not exactly clear at the moment, I’ll be honest

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Truther Vandross posted:

I’d always heard that was his dream job so who knows

Maybe he shouldn’t have worked for the snake man. Dems da breaks.

Honestly with the bad recruiting haul this year and the way DeBoer left, Grubb (rightfully) never had a shot with the big donors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Manoueverable posted:

Our last WR who had any solid production is in the portal now as well, that's almost literally our entire two-deep that won't be back next season. Good lord, Fisch will have to do a hell of a job just to get us to .500.

Remember who entered the Portal when DeBoner showed up? Rome and McMillan. It’s what you do when a new coach shows up because you CAN. Not worried.