Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

And just like that, it’s over.

2024 Resolution #1
Stop getting All That Mad about the Gators.

I’m sure I’ll make it 4min into the opener, but I’m going to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hello, offseason. Now Long National Nightmare beings anew until August.

Mustard BBQ supremacy

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Judgy Fucker posted:

The last time I got insanely, irrationally mad at football was the 2019 Peach Bowl. Not that we merely lost, but got absolutely humiliated. I didn't make a resolution to not get mad anymore, but something happened that night that has allowed me to just be chill about sports. OU loses, or has a crummy season, or whatever, who cares. I get more fun being social with my friends during the game and just talking sports than living vicariously through teenagers in tights giving each other concussions.

I mean honestly it doesn’t matter if the gators win or lose, I love them and won’t ever stop unless I find out they’ve been systematically ignoring sexual assault or child rape.

Even with the gators being bad I still love CFB and enjoy it as much as I ever have. Maybe just being a bit more zen about it is the ticket.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Which locker room are they holding it in?

:holymoley:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Florida hired Ron Roberts from Auburn as Co-DC/LB and some other made up executive title.

Seems like Napier is pretty serious about fixing the defense. Initially I was thinking a lot about 4th and 31 but also it’s prob mostly Bama Bullshit and Auburn had a decent improvement. He seems to be pretty well-respected and runs the same defense as Austin Armstrong.

Still no ST coach or OC though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Urban Meyer has the chance to do something incredibly funny.

I hope Kirby is brave enough to do the funniest thing imaginable.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Go to the Falcons?

I mean that would also be fun.

Norvell would be hilarious.

Sark would be the kill shot

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Jim Harbaugh, no longer content to win a natty at just Michigan, jumps to Bama with the plan to win a natty at EVERY university.

He’ll abandon that like Sufjan Stevens

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Gonna be funny when they settle on a Muschamp and less funny when he finally succeeds as a HC.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It’s going to be even funnier when Bama hires Freeze.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

Billy loving Napier???

:laffo:

There is a 0% chance of that happening. Less than zero.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tag yourself. I’m Mike Shula at 28/1

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Warbird posted:

They should hire Dabo as he has fairly significant odds to be literally crucified when he goes 6-6 for two seasons. I think he’d be into that.

1 cross + 3 nails = 4-4 in the SEC

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

USC is the only 0 title dynasty in history.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

Loose lips sink scholarships

Is this on the Paterno family crest?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Warbird posted:

I kind of want us to get FSU's guy so people can be legit mad at us for ruining the program instead of ESPN.

I’m comfortable with this

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-at-alabama-kalen-deboer-mike-norvell-tommy-rees-nick-saban

quote:

Among those emerging as serious contenders along the lines of earning interviews: Washington coach Kalen DeBoer, Florida State coach Mike Norvell and incumbent Tide offensive coordinator Tommy Rees.

The backlash would make the Schiano-Tennessee poo poo look downright cordial lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It's the loving wild west with paying players and tampering, yet FSU still manages to gently caress it up lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

skylined! posted:

Napier managing to dodge the same sort of infractions because he doesn't have position coaches to actually drive recruits to NIL meetings.

You know you don’t have to breathlessly defend the Noles all the time right?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

skylined! posted:

Shoulda came prepared for a fight brother.

I’m not fighting. It’s hilarious that FSU got busted when ‘crime’ is legal in the game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The only non-funny option is happening goddammit Bama.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Man, sorry W friends :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Washington has had a pretty decent hit rate on head coaches and a good enough history to recruit well on the west coast. I think the Big Ten profile is higher too.

Obviously this a huge setback and I’m gutted for y’all but it wouldn’t surprise me if you managed to hire a pretty great replacement.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

drunk leprechaun posted:

UCF also has gone both 0-12 and 12-0. Quicker turnaround than UW.

UCF wasn’t power 5 for either of those.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

single-mode fiber posted:

I have a hard time believing that a bunch of rich people are behind the times on the concept of "shell company where you pay people for doing nothing"

It’s wishful thinking from a fan who wants revenge-suffering.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/BurnerLJohnson/status/1745911466966880474?s=20

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

incredibly dirty to gently caress over UA like this right after your coach got poached, but i suppose that's how poo poo works now

Don’t worry UF is going to take him in a couple years.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LeeMajors posted:

Washington has had a pretty decent hit rate on head coaches and a good enough history to recruit well on the west coast. I think the Big Ten profile is higher too.

Obviously this a huge setback and I’m gutted for y’all but it wouldn’t surprise me if you managed to hire a pretty great replacement.

Just quoting because it appears they did just fine again.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Sidenote, Napier is absolutely getting fired next year, the UF schedule is brutal:

I agree with whoever it was that said Fisch is more likely NFL bound than UF. I don’t really think UF is a better job than UW anymore anyway.

And yeah that schedule is loving murder and I see almost no way he succeeds unless we get some big time sleeper development over the next few months.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Is Florida a better job than Washington? I don't really think so anymore

I think I actually said this verbatim upthread. Washington is a great job and has way more recent success across multiple coaches.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Holy poo poo I was just wondering what happened to him the other day. Poor guy :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Is this going to be newest consoles only? Gonna have to pick up a couple easy OT shifts for a ps5 if so.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’m not going to lie—I’m going to kind of miss the qb#7 stuff.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Judgy Fucker posted:

Who would want to live in Tuscaloosa when you can live in Tallahassee?

I’m not sure if you’re joking or not but Tallahassee is really just southern Alabama.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

All the folks laughing at the end of Bama hegemony are not considering how annoying the subsequent UGA will be if it continues unchecked.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

All this would’ve been avoided if the NCAA hadn’t held so tightly to fake amateurism. They made the kids scrap for any compensation whatsoever, lost badly, and now the floodgates are open.

There will be no roster stability until we get to some equilibrium with standardized compensation and employment contracts. It’s going to be hosed until then as the kids (and let’s face it, their families and agents) do everything they can to milk as much money out of the system as they can.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I completely forgot Pruitt existed lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It’s going to be rough* for a certain contingent of college-aged and young adult Bama fans to find out that success isn’t their birthright.

*insanely funny

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Fluffdaddy posted:

I think a lot of these kids are getting bad advice. I'm glad they have agency but the school hopping for phantom nil deals seems super shortsighted.

Yeah the grey market bagman poo poo was already ruled by the shadiest liaisons imaginable, now it’s legal and they are “agents.”

Impressionable kids and desperate families with huge dollar figures dangling in front of them is like the ripest situation for middleman grift I can imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Wasn't there a kid in the NFL recently that signed the worst NIL deal where they owed most of their league salary in perpetuity?

Yeah I saw something like that a few weeks back. I mean, it’s evergreen, but there’s a whole loving stable of pop warner tyrants foaming at the mouth to defraud as many phenoms as possible.