Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I AM GRANDO posted:

You know, I’m glad that post-Game of Thrones actors don’t have to be nude if they don’t want to be. How inconceivable it would have been ten years ago for the premiere of a high-profile hbo series to not have tits in it.
TBH having sex with a top on is a fantastic way to indicate that there is zero intimacy in this relationship. I don't think I've ever seen a sex scene give so much characterization in so little time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

The one huge thing I got from episode 1 which continued in episode 2 is how insanely lived-in these sets are. I'm constantly gawking at how trashed up everyone's place is. It's extremely real in a way few shows can ever get right and I'm certain some set designer is gonna win an award for it. I really hope some stupid AI poster doesn't ruin that.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Did they do oners in s2 and s3 like they did the biker shootout in s1?
No and it's a loving shame. The director was Cary Fukunaga, he did season 1 and never returned. That oner made me love the season and the absense of that amazing cinematography in subsequent seasons has lessened all my interest in the series. At this point I'm watching Night Country solely because it's only 6 episodes and they're focusing on the supernatural. I get the feeling I'm going to come out of it with a 7/10 review, though.

Just gonna add here that The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is chock-fuckin-full of oners and that's a comedy-drama show with 8-10 episode seasons. How the heck we can't get this good poo poo in our 8-episode (now 6) HBO show is beyond me.
Edit: It's not beyond me. The budget for Night Country is 60 million and they built an entire village.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 23, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

With good reason and good riddance.

Pizzaman wrote a thinkly veiled version of the character into the second season. At the time I thought it was poor taste, like a lot of the rest of the season, but not so much anymore.
Oh the only reason I said his name was to point out that changing directors meant the show was directed differently. I know literally nothing about the person. If they're a perv who needed to be fired, so be it, but that oner was a once in a lifetime achievement that nobody's going to forget.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Nic Pizzolatto specifically tweeted that (I'll spoiler this if you don't like speculation being confirmed or denied) Matthew would not show up. So if he does, then we've got a real hosed up social media/kicking Nic out/I don't know what situation.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

I don’t want to but I figure I should before I start 5.

It was interesting watching 3 at the same time since the two lead police officers are women and it’s Christmas time but that’s about where the similarities end.
There is zero, and I mean zero, connection between Fargo season 4 and 5. Just skip 4 if you're having that much trouble with episode 1.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

I don’t hate it yet but the internet keeps telling me I shouldn’t watch it.
The Fargo thread would insist that, although it's bad relative to the rest of Fargo, it's still better than most television out there. I'm inclined to agree but everyone's got their tastes and if S4 drops you, at least bail for S5 instead of dropping the show altogether.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

As far as the opener goes, I'm into it. I'm a little sad that we're not getting the same meshed-visuals the first 3 seasons had but I understand this is a sort of spin-off show so it gets its own sequence. The song being a freakfest of fuckery combined with the fun jerky visuals really nails a vibe that works for me. It's a memorable sequence that makes more sense the further into the season we get without really spoiling anything, which is always welcome. Reminds me a bit of Dark's openers.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

My thought that despite HBO and this thread calling it season 4 is actually a spin off show because no other season had a subtitle, and the intro isn't using double exposure. it also starts before the major crime
I don't think "starts after the major crime" defines the series because (to memory, which is bad) both Season 1 and 3 start before and after major crimes; it's a matter of the new crime digging up the old crime (a cold case,) which this season does in fact do. I don't think Season 2 had a cold case.

That said, upon looking up some stuff about Season 2 to figure this out, I remembered there was a big scene at an orgy. Was that scene a tracking shot? I'm trying to google if it's a oner and am finding nothing... and I don't feel like looking the scene up.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 28, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

At this frame in the final scene, Danvers takes a moment to assess the situation in front of her:

It is in this moment that a synapse sparks in my brain. The way she hits her mark, the way she looks at the situation, the pause she takes, and the choreography of the man coming up behind her. These are all a setup for a oner. In this frame, I become excited.

She rushes in. Cuffs the mans she's looking at. Pulls out another pair and starts yelling at another guy about giving him the cuffs. And then... nothing. Scene over.

I think I hate this show.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 29, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Paracaidas posted:

Open Source Idiom has it right, I think (spoilered given they just said they haven't seen it yet)

The scene starts with her berating her stepdaughter for hanging out at the anti-mine rally ("are you insane? Do you know what happens to those people?") pivots to her getting ragey about the faux chin ink and insisting again that she wipe it off, and ends with the camera lingering on Danvers staring at an Iñupiaq woman's autopsy photo with the chin stripes prominently featured
Yeah it's hinted at earlier but then this episode makes it obvious via the spoilers you said.

Edit:
Also when I saw this:

All I could think was "your mother sucks cocks in Hell" so I straight up burst out laughing when he said "your mother says hello" instead.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 29, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Am I mad that I didn't get a oner when Season 1 had one of the best ones ever filmed and this show is in dire need of redeeming itself to its former glory? Yes.
Am I mad that a spooky scene became comedic instead because the writing invoked a famous comical line from a similar situation? Yes.
Do I actually hate the show? Not really, if it goes somewhere.
Do I think it will go somewhere? I'm not holding my breath because this episode twiddled its thumbs.

Let's place bets, though. Who shot Wheeler? Danvers or Novarro?

Edit: I think it is worth pointing out that Jodie Foster's acting is blowing the rest of the show out of the water.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 30, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Deadite posted:

Have they talked at all about the victims’ families?
They very specifically had an entire argument about Danvers trying to keep a lid on the whole thing.

To the people who are mad about the pessimism of the thread or sad that some people are bad at watching TV, take note: It only takes one specific scene to make an entire episode feel wasted. I recognize all the various bits of progression this episode had but the thing that gave me that feeling of thumb twiddling wasn't something I could realize until I scanned through the episode again to figure it out; it's the scene where they meet the guy who used to work at the station. They go there and the viewer thinks "OK, time to get some new information."

They meet a guy ready to murder someone for trying to talk to him. He mentions Navarro not remembering her native name, letting us know why Navarro has a hangup about her name and that this guy is an rear end in a top hat. When he hears his friends died and one of them is in a coma, he is disarmed and becomes distraught. "Okay, now we're getting somewhere," the viewer thinks, "he's going to explain something important."

Nope. The guy immediately threatens to kill the people who gave him new information about people he cared about and we are tossed back into the snowy winds. Oh, wait, coma guy woke up! Maybe now we'll get some hints at what's going on? "She's awake, also your mom sucks cocks in hell. *dies*" Oh. Never mind.

Maybe it doesn't immediately hit you that this sort of unsatisfying scene will color how you feel about the episode. Maybe the scene is really important in a later episode. But in this moment of not being able to watch the rest of the season, it feels like wasted time, which in a 6 episode season feels like really wasted time.

I will say this, though. There are so many dangling threads right now that I will, at the end of the season, have to give a nod if they manage to believably wrap them all up. The season's in an incredibly difficult spot right now so I can't help but be intrigued.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 30, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I've had the Billie Eilish theme stuck in my head since watching the latest episode aired, freakin' earworm.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Sickening posted:

Some of yall are so loving bored you are going to hatewatch the entire season.
C'mon, this isn't Star Trek.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Definitely a better episode than the last. There were 3 moments when I thought the episode was about to end and it didn't... which can be good and was in this case since in all 3 cases I was thinking "no, don't end yet!" but then when it did end... I just had to laugh because it's such a stupid ending.

The weird thing about this show is that it often makes me feel like I'm being a bad TV watcher due to the names not being imprinted into my brain well enough by the show. Who is Holden... is that Danvers' dead kid? They did a search that brought up Otis but I already forgot who that search was made from and why they were doing it. The mayor wannabe says some names at Danvers that don't register as anybody to me. I just feel kinda lost in some details and I don't know if they matter or not, which is a wild thing when you're 2/3 of the way through a season of TV. And then Danvers walks up on the guy who is obviously Otis and they throw a same-episode flashback into my face to remind me. It's like a whiplash of what's expected of me and I'd like to explicitly state here that I do not ever multitask when I watch something, I am 100% focused on this show when I watch it. I have poo poo memory so with the amount that information is being detailed, this season seems like one that needed to be binged.

When Danvers noticed the power going out in the Station video I was like, "wait, you didn't notice that the first time you watched it?!" How is it these people don't immediately scrutinize the ends of these videos until hours later? Also want to mention here that I've had a sneaking suspicion the girl's video doesn't actually take place in a real ice cave but something that's supposed to resemble an ice cave. But I guess since Otis actually did map out caves nearby, that's possibly wrong. Finally, geological/anthropological/whatever nerd guy hitting his head on the light above his desk is hilarious and stupid at the same time because it's a great touch to show how freaked out he is by his wife being mad at him but also why the gently caress would he ever let that thing hang so low directly above his own desk; he'd have to avoid it every time he got up. The moment I move into a place and see a ceiling lamp low enough to bonk my head into, I ratchet that poo poo up higher.

For a while there I was getting pissed at Freshman not growing a spine (and a character) but hearing what he said to his wife, uhh, I'm really conflicted on how much I care about him anymore.

Navarro's boyfriend getting on a knee to fake a marriage proposal just to fix her finger was a really poo poo move for the guy who has been acting like he wants to marry her since the start of the season. I hope he's the bad guy.

I was really interested in the flashback to Wheeler and Navarro saying she saw nothing really hammers home to me that Danvers is the one who probably shot Wheeler. Sad we probably won't get any resolution on that until the finale.

The jump cuts back and forth in time at the end are very unintentionally funny to me because it just makes it look like someone messed up in the editing room rather than pushing a spooky narrative. The guy's night country line is just godawfully corny. I think my inability to enjoy normal horror entertainment ruined this episode's experience for me. The jump scare did nothing for me and felt stupid, the girl under the bed just made me think about the Billie Eilish music video for the theme song, and the idea that some dude has been living out in the middle of nowhere while doing all these drugs makes less sense than ghosts being real. Also they aren't in night country anymore, it was twilight when they went out there!

Final thought: The show's title sequence is better directed than the rest of the show.

This season is silly.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Oh my god, I tripped over someone in the couch thread saying the needle drop at the end was really bad, heard the second to last song when I knew the episode was nearly done, thought "oh whatever, that's not really that bad," then got to the actual final needle drop without thinking there would be one and just fell over laughing. There's supposed to be a person whose job it is to select the music for a series. Whoever that is for this show... oof.

GABA ghoul posted:

So, Sean Penn agreed to murder an innocent guy and the chief of police for a promotion and pay hike?

Yeah, ok, he wasn't portrayed as the most trustworthy guy in town, but straight up double murder of two innocent people is a really extreme escalation.
Exactly what I was thinking. What the gently caress does being the chief of this Podunk town get you, exactly? Ask for enough money to let your son take care of his family without having to be beholden to his chief, how does that sound?

Oh yeah when Qaavik find's Navarro he's like "hey, look, I found her!" as though he was dragging his buddy around town looking for her to show her the stone and what it meant. I thought "why didn't he call her?" but realized oh, wait, it must be the category 4 storm knocked out the phone signal! I don't know how many minutes later it is but minutes later she is answering a phone call. This loving show man...

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 12, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Deadite posted:

I’m still not entirely clear on Connolly and Danvers roles. She keeps calling him captain and she’s the chief of police, but he can take the case away from her and tell her to stop investigating? Or can he only do that because he’s blackmailing her? What is his job exactly?
Good question. Looking up ranks, it seems captain is actually 2 ranks below Chief, with a Chief only ever having a commissioner or superintendent as a boss in larger cities like NYC or LA. They should've just made the dude mayor.

I don't really know what else I want to even say about this silly show so I'll just go with "Prior's darting eyeballs as he's talking to Davner's daughter through the cell window made it look like he was falling in love and it was weird."

Edit: I'm still catching up with the thread but needed to also say that the polar bear lived in the cave that the mine blew the entrance to. The reason he's walking around town is cuz he can't get back home. :cry:

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 12, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Credit where it's due, although True Detective's quality dropped so hard after season 1, I kept watching to season 4, whereas The Terror's quality dropped so hard, I couldn't watch past episode 2 of the second season.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I’m baffled at how many people in this thread like this season. It feels like criminal minds or something other than True Detective. The cinematography is terrible. The lighting is both flat and way too bright. The music choices are awful. The script feels general and stupid. The mystery could potentially be interesting if they stuck to it for more than a couple episodes. There’s points where the script honestly just feels ai generated.
I've been trying to find a moment to say this and I'm going to choose now: I don't know what's worse, using "ai generated" as the new "it's bad" or the inability to recognize that ai generation evolves into a different vibe almost on a monthly basis. I'm waiting with baited breath for the moment someone watches a bad show from 2008 and says "this feels AI generated."

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

The cinematography is mostly fine. There's some real good city shots and the title sequence will be as memorable as the first season's. Nothing has occurred that made me think "ugh, this is shot poorly," which is something that I typically do keep an eye on when I'm watching stuff but on the other hand, nothing really stood out as something I would write more than a sentence about.

It's just slightly above par in overall television but below par for True Detective, thanks to that first season's tracking shot.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Matinee posted:

The uncanny feeling in the dialogue and general detached air of the characters is so distractingly present that it feels like it has to be deliberate, like they’re reaching for a Twin Peaks kind of vibe, but none of it works and it just makes the show unfun to watch.
Oh yeah, I mentioned that after the first episode, this has a David Lynch vibe. How long until someone watches Twin Peaks and says it sounds like it was written by an AI. :v:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

CeeJee posted:

Have we seen a single detective in this season of True Detective? Either plain clothes police or a PI?
Throughout the season I try to find spots of the show to say "...that's because I'm a True Detective" or "...you're not a True Detective" and in this latest episode, I got to say it at least 4 times. I'd say Danvers is currently the most True Detective despite dipping when she decided to give up on the case because her "boss" told her to stop. Peter is the next in line because he out-detectived Danvers.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Bright Bart posted:

I just realized now, when folks are saying that amongst other things this season of TD is missing a midway action sequence
What do you mean? There was the 10 seconds in the hospital as Danvers tries to break up a fight. :rolleyes:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I laughed and giggled at the most inappropriate times during this finale. What a hilarious way to wrap everything up. I love it. It's awful.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

DaveKap posted:

I laughed and giggled at the most inappropriate times during this finale. What a hilarious way to wrap everything up. I love it. It's awful.
I wanted to get down everything I laughed at.

I laughed so hard at them trying to shoehorn "time is a flat circle" into this when it's just the dude being cracked out of his mind.
I laughed at the Twist and Shout cover as Danvers is crying. Another horrible pin drop.
I laughed at Pete's wife doing the "I'm so mad at you, make out with me" trope.
I laughed at the idea that they needed to put pollution into the water to make the permafrost melt at just the right temperature to get their miracle bacteria.
I laughed at the idea that these nerds would all decide at once to kill someone but maybe that's just me being too naïve about the... murderous tendencies of scientists?
I laughed at the old lady telling Pete "you think this is over but actually the worst is the rest of your life" followed by patting him on the back. Real comforting lady. Thanks.
I laughed at the idea that the city has a network of women who all spied on their employers and decided to enact their own justice because gently caress the cops.
I laughed when the lady basically said she forced a bunch of naked men to run into sub-zero temperatures "but if nature wanted them to live, they could just come back and get their clothes!" I don't know how much closer to "it wasn't me who killed them, it was the bullet!" you can get.
"If you go out there, make sure to come back." Literally asking her that when she kills herself, come back to haunt me. Pfft!
"I don't think anyone will find Navarro out there on the ice." Yeah because she's under it. Hah!

Other things:
- Navarro shot Wheeler. OK. Did it matter? Nope!
- In the moment, it didn't make sense that this guy saying he loved Annie, who was physically recoiling at hearing her death rattle, would be the perfect target for torture. After the fact, it made more sense, but nothing about what he said prior to spilling the beans made it seem like it should've worked on him. If anything, I feel like it would've shut him up more. This is just a nitpick though.
- There's a moment where Danvers is walking away from the campfire Navarro is sitting at in a wide shot and the fire suddenly begins animating backwards then forwards again. Weird rear end editing that threw me off because the rest of the frame is moving at normal speed. So weird.
- When Navarro is walking through the blizzard to see her... I dunno... sister? Mother? Whoever. The day-for-night and/or blue-screening because they couldn't record her in a blizzard was really awful editing.
- It sure seems odd that they tried to make a connection between the power going out in both the Tsalal recording and Annie's death recording when it ended up meaning nothing at all.
- The obviousness in trying to parallel the end of Season 1 with Rust crying in the hospital room against Danvers trying to come to terms with the death of her son was so ineffective it made me bored.
- I wanted to suggest that the tongue was planted by Hank because he was secretly trying to get everything exposed, which would've been an amazing(ly stupid) twist I actually would've liked. Unfortunately I went back to episode 1 to check and the delivery guy found it before the cops ever went out.
- In the end, spooky stuff is real, but only a little bit of the spooky stuff. Eh... whatever.

I'm so glad this was only 6 episodes.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

"He says that he sees you. He sees you, Liz."
"...did he see me gently caress my boss?"

Sorry, ghost stories really grate my brain off because they're so loving stupid.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Oh I also laughed when Danvers wished the two whitest women in the room a happy new year and pretended the rest weren't there.

This was a fantastic dark comedy!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

General Dog posted:

I was a bit confused, but my ultimate assumption was that they had a friend who was janitor at the police station, and that’s who we see taking pictures of the file. But again, it makes no sense that would happen AFTER they discover the tool. Because without foreknowledge of the photos, it’s just a tool.
This immediately makes me think of this likely-old but-I-only-saw-it-this-week joke:

You see, the janitors know what genre they're in.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

Kinda stinks we never got a pay off on why Danvers phone kept going off
"That's just to make the world feel lived in, like the AI posters the characters generated on their own because they're so depressed," is what the extremely fantastic show runner would say.

The more I think about the moral dilemma, the more I hate it. Cancer is the second highest killer on Earth and it's loving torturous. If this were Star Trek, the few to save the many is the moral here. Instead we get a tee-up for headlines like "‘True Detective’ Season 4 Finale Preview: A Nuanced View Of Violence Against Indigenous Women"

Yeah, real nuanced.

th3t00t posted:

You’re bad at watching TV for noticing the fast and loose way that the show treats the cold.
The CG breath on Danvers as she's in the bed was so loving bad.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 19, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Despera posted:

Was cancer the thing the scientists were trying to cure?
Yes, basically every biological disorder would be cured by the dna of the micro-organism they were digging up.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Hey remember this?

The show didn't!

Y'know I'm not personally mad that they didn't have a suicide hotline message in any of these episodes where a main character's sister, and then the main character herself, both commit suicide but it sure seems kinda hosed up that they shrugged at their mental illness as just being spooky and ended the show. Apparently I was wrong about this! Sorry!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 19, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Darko posted:

They had suicide hotline mmessages on every episode where someone walked into the ice.
Wait, really?! That got cut from what I watched. That's wild. Excuse me, then!

Anyway I was trying to find this for y'all who forgot.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I really thought Star Trek Discovery would be the only thing I hate watch in 2024 but this finale really took the cake. I can't stop thinking of random things.

So are we to assume that Danvers killed her son by drunk driving or that it was another drunk driver who caused it?
What was the point of Navarro seeing her old army buddy missing half a face?
What was the point of the polar bear? Not the stuffed animal, the real life one.
Why was this guy dodging bullets in the Matrix?

Wait, why was that one dude's camper full of strange poo poo?
Why did he have a bunch of weird rear end writing on his own notes?
What's with the "WE ARE ALL DEAD" writing on the whiteboard? Did the ladies leave that? Why would they do that if they were leaving their lives up to mother nature and not actually directly trying to kill them?

And yeah, it does super duper bother me that the entrance to the ice caves had to have been incredibly close to Tsalal Station. How wouldn't they piece that poo poo together?

I'm starting to think that when a show is complete, nobody actually watches it.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Feb 19, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Man Qaavik just kinda got hosed, huh? Got his toothbrush back then the woman he loved decided to nope out of existence. She didn't even tell him her real name... though maybe her ghost will do it. Sucks to be him but maybe...

Mordja posted:

Remember how the show opened with spooky, suicidal CGI caribou? Guess ghosts just really hate ungulates
I was JUST about to edit this post asking what that was about.

God now I'm thinking about how much Navarro was pissed off through the whole show that they cut out Annie's tongue and in the end nobody cut out her tongue they just kinda guessed that Hank did it, maybe, possibly?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 19, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Why did Clarke smack Navarro with a fire extinguisher? Where was he dragging her? Seems like an oddly extreme move when you supposedly haven't committed any actual crimes.

I fear the answer, like a lot of the stuff with that character, is just "because he was craaaaazy".
For the same reason that guy said "You're in the night country now!"
Drugs?

Edit: OK I really have to stop posting so I'll end with this. I'm disappointed that the "Danvers in water" we've seen all season in the intro was an actual scene from the show. I was hoping that would be the one purely symbolic bit of the intro (as everything else is a reference to something in the season) but nope, it's just another scene from the show. I still love the opening, though. Best cinematography I've seen this year, but there's plenty of year left.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 19, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Anonymous Zebra posted:

There will never be any concrete supernatural stuff. We've been through 3 previous seasons of this. There is plenty of poo poo wrong with this season, but the fact that people are still waiting for the holy Cthulhu to rise from the waters of the bayou is not one of them.
You only say this because you're not in Night Country.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

Story over, and this season was a mess.
I didn't hate it like so many of you, but it was my least favorite season.
I'm catching up with the thread today and when I saw this, it made me think. Did I actively hate this season? The more I think about it, no, I didn't actually hate it. I don't feel like I need to argue with anybody about it, I don't really care if other people love it or hate it. But I did find a lot of things bad, dumb, and mockable. So really, it wasn't a hate-watch, it was a mock-watch. I don't cherish the True Detective name in a way that makes me want a specific thing out of this series (like I would with Star Trek) so I don't actively hate the fact that this was a bad show and I really did enjoy how much there is to gawk at. It was a car crash show, I couldn't stop watching, and now I'm at the end making fun of how bad it was.

Plus the acting was really good and I like Jodie Foster.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I've caught up wit the thread and all I really have to add is that if you wanted a female-forward, single season of modern television to watch, watch Fargo Season 5 instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

I went back and checked your posts because I remembered you in particular being pissed off and I think it was just you mad about them not having a suicide hotline card because your tone went from "gently caress this" to "I don't like this" the moment another goon pointed it out to you
Yeah, when I get corrected, I admit my mistake and move on. Thanks for being the real True Detective on my posting history because my moods and whims actually change from day to day. Hell, they can change by the hour.