Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The title screen looks nice at least, but I'm not sure why it makes my 3070 run at 87°C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i've said this in other threads but i’ll say it again here, cap your frame rate!

this game was absolutely cooking my laptop until i capped it now it runs super cool

I would if I could access the settings.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kly posted:

you do it in nvidia settings, i dont think theres an option in game.

Okay, thanks. I thought that was standard these days, but then I'm also used to being able to launch a game I paid for. :shrug:

Also what's with the 20-step captcha when signing up for PSN?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Finally.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The starting gun kinda sucks, which one do I shoot for first?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm really terrible at this game. I also managed to brain myself with the dropship ramp. :discourse:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Had my first crash, a hardlock. Unfortunately, it happened right before extraction when somebody wiped most of the squad. 30 minutes well spent!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

GlyphGryph posted:

Honestly, I can't even recall the last time I was teamkilled that wasn't either me loving up or something that wasn't really anyone's fault (like someone getting knocked down while they were about to throw a strike or something)

Feels like every other game I've played today had some dipshit dropping stuff on the extract zone.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I think I have goon mine blindness. :ohdear:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kept getting insta-gibbed by a fellow player, or so the game told me, when I tried to fire EAT at some bugs waiting for extraction, anyone have any idea how that happened? Did I happen to be in the line of fire without realizing and the dude exploded the rocket as it left the tube or something? Weird desync maybe? Happened repeatedly from different positions just as I pressed fire.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

dog nougat posted:

Were they wearing a shield and behind you? The game models backblast iirc.

So the backblast ricocheted off their shield and killed me instantly? I thought the backblast just ragdolled you. I guess it's possible, but it happened twice in a row and I didn't notice anyone crawling up my rear end.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kitfox88 posted:

Blew up right as we were extracting from a friend's second mission ever, had full cleared a level 3 vs chargers and everything. :qq: Steam is automaton sympathizer.

Also happened right before extraction for me. :sigh:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I turned off voice chat completely before even playing my first game and have had a mostly good time, probably avoided a fair bit of yelling. :smug:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rusty posted:

I tried the mortar turret, I should have thought more about placement as that thing is so good at killing teammates.

That's not all it's good for.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is the explosive handshake emote supposed to kick my friend to his own ship? :thunk:

ZearothK posted:

Thank you for doing your part.

I don't have it unlocked yet.

Rusty posted:

I just got the 500kg and it's great. I like the big explosion, small radius so I can still yell at people to move if I screw up. It's also really pretty.

Yeah, I've been running it all evening. :fuckoff:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mentalcontempt posted:

Bummed that I missed the light armor with the medic trait in the super store. Now there’s a medium armor with Fortified, which I don’t think I’ve seen on a Warbond… when armor gets fixed, would this be a good piece to have?

It looks pretty sweet, so yes.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Friend and I played with two morons who kept loving around instead of doing the objective and then they kicked us right before extraction. Guess I'm hosting from now on.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Janissary Hop posted:

Really looking forward to the amazing daily orders again. Kill 9001 hulks with the Las-5 Scythe. Kill 40 teammates with the mortar sentry. Use some weapon you haven't even bothered to unlock and see how long you can go without a teammate laughing at you for bringing it.

One of these things is not like the others...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Heroically dodged around to pick up the dropped samples as my team waited for me in the ship, timer counting down with just 3 seconds left, everyone hooting and hollering, and I get impaled by the Bile Titan's leg right as I step onto the ramp.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Glad I got in some Eradication grind for the Stamina Booster before they messed with it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

This game desperately needs a battlecry button.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

No, no, no, a dedicated battlecry button. And an expanded response wheel maybe. Make the victory poses emotes. I want to be standing atop a hill, doing the super emote, screaming "FOR DEMOCRACY!" as a 500kg bomb explodes gloriously behind me. Get in touch with the Chivalry people, Arrowhead. (But for the love of God don't let them patch your game.)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What did they do to the armor? I feel like I get two-shotted by everything now running the Exterminator medium armor. :sigh:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Turin Turambar posted:

It's funny because all the attention is being given to the nerf of a few weapons, but the the armor fix (so people now can't run light armor without the protection rating penalty) is one of the key things that is making the game a bit harder than before.

I had imagined armor rating not working before just treated everything like medium as a baseline or something.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Turin Turambar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntp6SJ58Lsk

Someone tests the armor rating. However he doesn't test against higher level enemies. If the video of HD1 someone posted here in the previous page is right, player armor subtract some damage when hit per hit, that means the heavier armor makes a good difference against small, weak enemies, less difference against more dangerous enemies and almost no different against the most lethal attacks.

Apart from that, it's important to know that the armor only protects the body, not the head, so you can be 'headshot' and get killed easily, even by small bugs. So the fact that helmets have their own rating (all at 100 right now) isn't false, it's really 100 rating and there are no other options.

Wish he'd tested a medium armor, maybe compared it to pre-patch, because it certainly feels a lot worse now. Maybe I just get headshot by the bugs a lot on difficulty 6, I dunno. Before I could sometimes dive out of a sticky situation and retreat, and it felt badass to come back from that, but now I'm more inclined to just prime a grenade when I get swarmed, because I'll be dead in two seconds anyway.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fortunately, it looks like everyone gets to test drive the mech.

Unfortunately, they have hosed up something else, because I can't join any games at all now.

Fortunately, I was inexplicably awarded another bunch of medals on top of the ones for the previous Major Order.

Unfortunately, I can't spend them, because everything is hosed and throwing out errors.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BadLlama posted:

Wish there was a rejoin game button. I've seen others disconnect and rejoin shortly after, I assume that someone else in the game is their friend though and you can just join friends games.

There's a Recents tab under Social, but it doesn't work properly I think.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Basic Chunnel posted:

Load times are fast now... but I'm crashing whenever I try to connect to a game.

Yeah, it's been a lot more crash happy since the patch. Just had a CTD after extracting.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

My in-game friends list hasn't been functional for weeks.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Game is crashing a lot lately.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm sad they messed with the Orbital Laser.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sucks to be playing for 20 minutes and then the connection gets lost right as a squad mate picks up the super samples. The netcode was better at launch, provided you could get on in the first place.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jeremor posted:

The Breaker shotgun fuckin rocks. Feels good as hell.

Game rules

It used to be much better, if you can believe it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The two bugs I would like to see fixed are the secondary not working and suddenly holding grenades for some reason. Also whatever spawning fuckery allows for 4 introductory Bile Titans on Extreme and only 1 on Suicide for the entire match.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The arc shotgun is a piece of poo poo.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Molrok posted:

Current major order: go die for E-710 profits

Couldn't access those planets. :confused:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I haven't used anything else since I got the Exterminator armor because it looks the best. :smug:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mahatma-Squid posted:

Had a 7 difficulty mission where everybody played nice and coordinated pretty well and then the host kicked everyone (or at least one dude and then me) right as the drop ship came in. No teamkills or anything, just being a dick for the sake of it. Feels very undemocratic.

I tried that once. These people should go straight to a Freedom Camp.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mesadoram posted:

Peace Through Power

I bought the helm, but what is the chest?

Exterminator from the Super Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What's up with those Eradication missions on the map that have been ongoing for 40+ minutes?