Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Captain Invictus posted:

saw palworld was trending and there were a fair number of posts claiming the devs are into NFTs and AI so it's good that they're nipping that in the bud right quick

https://twitter.com/vintiru/status/1748225230043279638

They're saying that the AI:Art Imposter game is about finding out who is AI but that's not it at all.

All players are using AI to generate a picture according to a prompt. The imposter doesn't get a prompt and that's what they're trying to bluff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Kith posted:

re: twitter bullshit

https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1750164718105325605?s=20

the idiot bleating the loudest about palworld """doing theft""" and """showing evidence""" admitted to faking it because they're mad about how palworld """promotes animal cruelty"""

which is funny because palworld does a better job of promoting animal rights than pokemon ever did because it's actually insanely difficult to actually abuse your pokemon and abusing your pals is a quick and easy way to kill them, which is very bad for you

Why would they spend all that time editing the models to make them look similar?

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I cannot believe they pulled one of these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIwFrvAOoE

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
They should probably rename the sanity mechanics. Like I've thrown a pal into my base but there's nothing really forcing them to work and the game is pointing at slacking off as an indicator that they're going mad. I'm like "buddy, pal Take a break. I do not need you to endlessly slam your face into these trees."

Does Food eventually have more effects then hunger and sanity?

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
How do I release pals from my box? I do not want all these sheep, they were just a good exp bonus.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

FZeroRacer posted:

they didn't, it's another example of the internet going insane on both sides.
I was actually gonna joke that their extreme fabrication was scaling by like posting a really, really long Wooloo and calling it my own original creation Wooolooo or something equally stupid but it's absolutely gonna kick off poo poo in the thread.

Tarezax posted:

You can sell them to a pal merchant for some coins, or use the pal condenser to make one sheep stronger. Or use the butcher knife. You monster.
It should really just have a release button.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

GreenBuckanneer posted:

oh man the AI pathing is so BAD

One guy I had nearly starved to death because he couldn't navigate around a rock.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Dungeons feel like they're just designed to gently caress with everything's pathfinding. There's poo poo scattered everywhere that the AI just instantly gets caught up in.

E:
This wee lass would rather starve then walk two meters to the right to get down.

D.Fuzzbot fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 25, 2024

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Stat points could probably be better off as just straight boosts across the board on level up instead of a single stat point to invest.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
While traveling to get my stuff from my corpse I was riding my lycanroc and turns out that yes even if a menu opens it doesn't stop your players movement sending me careening off the same cliff I died from earlier

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Mailer posted:

This game is a mashup of multiple other types of games I don't like and I have no idea why I've played it for ten hours send help.

The loop of pal base management > Exploring for Pals > More base management honestly mitigates the many, many issues with the game. Like it's nailed that compelling lizard brain part.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

This reminds me of Dragon Quest monsters where you make a toilet and the whole village will come to cheer you on after build it and use it, scaling walls just to glimpse at you taking a poo poo.

What cool/funny stories do people have playing this?

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I don't really think hunger or equipment durability really adds anything to the game aside from a bit extra tedium

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Soonmot posted:

You can manually assign pals by picking them up and throwing them at the station you want them to work
It's a slow and bad way to handle it when It could have just been: point at pal, tap x to select, tap x again at work area to assign.

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Have to agree. They should turn it on its head and give a bonus for different types of food, and make hunger a bar you can’t go above, not one you have to keep from going too low.
I think it could have been scrapped for players but be more involved for Pals as generating their preferred food could help manage their delicate sanity

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Tenebrais posted:

One big thing that would really benefit Palworld is a more cohesive aesthetic. They've got the funds to hire a proper art team to do everything over in a unified style, although it would still be a big undertaking.

I know it's probably because they changed engines but I wish they kept with the more colourful world that they showed in the announce trailer. Currently all people and pals stick out like a sore thumb compared to the world.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Dirk the Average posted:

I'm glad the pals stick out though - it makes it much easier to spot them when flying around.

I'm sure they could have figured out how to balance the pals visuals to make them easy to spot. It's just a lot of structures and terrain texture look more detailed or realistic but the pals and people have more simplified designs.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Just cause it's brought up I don't really get the satire angle for this. It's not like criticizing anything and it's jokes are mostly relegated to the dex and they're like fine at best.

Like a lot of the world comes off as earnest then being "woah, edgy!"

Edit:
I built a base at the beach beside the starter area.
Raids that are only on foot (I just assume there's raids done by flyers) run up to the cliff wall and because you have to drop or climb down to get to the base they just sit there for a while then gently caress off

D.Fuzzbot fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 26, 2024

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

pentyne posted:

the 'edgy' pal lore is shockingly in line with a lot of actual pokemon lore that people just aren't generally aware of

Yeah which honestly add more to the fact despite all the edgy advertising they're much more earnest about this game.

Like they want the slave labor to be something you're stopping.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
They should have scrapped all the pokeballs and had you fulton them all away

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Hopefully they can figure out how to code swapping ammo types. Carrying a fire bow just to use fire arrows is dumb.

Also more Pals as guns, excellent idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

pik_d posted:

Why the gently caress do they have sandworm buttholes

Everybody poops