Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I want the 1/35 soldier in Rebirth, and have them be as useless as before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

triple sulk posted:

Everyone dies, this is why it's called Rebirth

Joke’s on us, everyone is already dead.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

cock hero flux posted:

i'm assuming that cloud kills aeristh like he almost does in the original like 5 seconds before sephiroth shows up

This is my prediction as well.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

DanielCross posted:

I've got a friend who played Remake completely blind on the original FFVII, she doesn't even know about Aerith's fate (and I keep having to warn her "Hey, when you're on the internet and discussion of this game comes up, there's one really big spoiler that's been so known for the majority of the history of gaming as a medium that people don't often care to hide it"), and from the perspective of that person (she's already figured out something is fucky with Nibelheim and Zack from the presentation of Remake), I wonder if (Demo Spoilers) having the "Shinra Grunt" crawling towards Cloud's mom's house and literally calling for his mom is a bit too much.

If I didn’t outright know the Nibelheim spoiler, I probably wouldn’t have thought much of it. But then again, I’m an idiot who tends to miss obvious things sometimes.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Hahahahahaha

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Sephiroth skewers every playable character at once except Aerith. Part 3’s party is Aerith, Cid, Vincent, and Lightning.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’ve read them and they feel like utter bullshit. Though there’s one image out in the wild that may be legit.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
FFVII: Rebound - Cloud dates Tifa for a bit to get over Aerith, but then ghosts her in more ways than one

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Cookies are already materia shaped

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

queeb posted:

god its been like 20 years since i played FF7, i almost want to replay it before diving into part 2 but also i dont have that much time

I did that, and just finished Rebirth + Intergrade again too. I am AMPED for more FFVII.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm gonna buy it and play it day one because I don't give a gently caress

I’m an insane person and bought both the Deluxe and digital because I wanna be playing this immediately and not wait on a delivery.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, I always found it strange that Ifalna was just “there”, but I just assumed she was what was left of a tiny cohort of Ancients that lived in the Icicle region.

I’m 200% sure 7R3 will expand upon that, because it’s a neat tidbit of unexplored lore.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Reeve posts regularly on Midgar’s version of Something Awful

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Reeve sits at his desk, contemplating every decision he’s ever made that led him to this position. With a flick of his wrist, his coffee mug sprouts tiny arms and legs and dances around his keyboard, coming to a rest after a few twirls. This did not bring the joy Reeve hoped, so he sighs and opens back up Shin-Excel.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Whoops I went back and patched 7R so that every line is “bring it on, bitch”

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Gologle posted:

When he was a young boy did Genesis' dad take him into the city?

EDIT: lmao wait, I'm an idiot confusing different bands, My Chemical Romance is not the same band as My Bloody Valentine, who did Loveless, the album I was referencing

Genesis would have been a better character if every time he opened his mouth out came a blast of wobbly guitar feedback.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
2005-2007 was FFVII’s mall goth phase.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Best Buy will ship my Deluxe edition on Thursday, so thank god I’m insane and also bought and preloaded the digital version as well.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I like vacuuming in real life and I also like vacuuming in video games

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Communist Bear posted:

I always pronounced Jenova as Jen-nova. Guess it makes sense it's nearer to Jehovah and pronounced Je-nova.

Its the same way I pronounced Shinra as Shine-ra.

Basically I suck at pronouncing things.

Yeah, count me in as a JE-nova pronouncer. First time I heard JeNOva caught me off guard lol

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I got out to the grasslands to go to the farm, and immediately hosed off in the opposite direction and got some fun incidental dialogue while exploring. Loving this.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I love having Barret in my party because I’ll daintily hop over something and then hear a loud crash in the background as he slams into a bunch of tables

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I think I completely underestimated the scale of this game. Is it just me or are these maps loving huge.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Every time I feel like I’m gonna get burnt out on side poo poo, something awesome happens that makes me keep doing it.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Anyone notice how the World Map and Region Map are completely different? Definitely a sneaky way to get around the “open world but how do we do it without loving with the scale of everything” issue.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Rhonne posted:

That's a good point.

Honestly, I really like the black robe guys in these games. They're really creepy, and they're everywhere. You never know where they'll pop up next.

I personally think they were somewhat awkwardly integrated in the OG - like I got what the story was trying to do with them, but it wasn’t exactly clear. They’re much better utilized this time around.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Arkage posted:

So I apparently messed up one of the first side quests by picking the wrong flowers for the crown. Does this actually matter in some way?

I think what actions you choose during side-quests affects how many affection points you get from the person who accompanies you on said quest.

I am definitely treating certain party members better than others lol

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Pollyanna posted:

I’m comparing my current playtime to where I would normally be in a run of FF7 by now and oh god.

I’m at 19 hours and just got to Junon proper lol.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Oh man I found the 1/35th Soldiers :allears:

There’s only 19 of them :argh:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Capfalcon posted:

The troopers following you around.

I kept getting reminded of that episode of Malcom in the Middle with the bodybuilders.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Augus posted:

Mt. Corel Reactor
The Huge Materia being the cores of Weapons instead of just laying around in random places is a really cool change.

Yep. I think it’s really fun how these games are taking the opportunity to firm up the internal logic and tidy up some story beats that felt kinda sloppy even in the OG.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Harrow posted:

That could be. FFXVI was a game I could definitely feel straining against what it could have been, straining against its limits, which is something I've felt with a lot of modern Final Fantasies. VII Rebirth is the first non-MMO one in a long while that doesn't give me that feeling.

FFXVI feels like Yoshi-P making the most of a relatively low budget. I don’t know how much the game cost, but I do remember comments about them running into financial constraints toward the end.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Getting big ”I want to gently caress a cactuar” vibes from the Shinra Middle Manager.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

RuBisCO posted:

Posting real quick to say game rules and is really quite funny. This is also just a Xenoblade game, they are strikingly similar in game design.

Glad I’m not the only one who is getting strong Xenoblade vibes. And like those games, I will end up skipping over 40% of the side content because I’ll hit 80hrs and just want to be done with it already.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Mustang posted:

Graphics mode runs like dog poo poo, performance mode runs great and buttery smooth without any FPS drops. Not sure what's "blurry", I can see everything just fine.

I play on a 4k OLED TV.

People that play in graphics mode are insane.

I’m playing on a 65” OLED and I stick to graphics mode because my brain never evolved from playing N64 games.

Performance mode is absolutely blurrier and some of the textures are laughable, but like everyone else is saying, I’ll trade in some graphical jank in exchange for a fun game with a ton of heart.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Seriously, the segways are a public safety hazard. Those fuckers go way too fast.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

the segway’s are so great, I like that they even let you read notes while smashing about the place

Aerith would definitely be texting while doing 80mph down the interstate

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Lmao at Aerith getting loopy from oxygen deprivation while climbing Mt. Corel.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I actually liked the shooting mini game. Turning on motion controls made it so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Chadley is going to gain too much knowledge of the world, turning him into a raging madman superboss in R3.