Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Do you think there is significance to the game being released at the very end of February, the month of lovers? As if its the end of love...the end...of Aeris...Aeris dies?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

The Dave posted:

Saying “it ends very different then Remake” has my head spinning, but that can be taken so many different ways.

My current interpretation, which will almost certainly change within the next hour, is that while Remake's ending went wildly off rails and had you fighting the ghosts of Advent Children and Sephiroth, this time the ending will be played straight 1:1 with the original scene and the final boss will be JENOVA Life.

The post credits scene will be Aeris coming to in Zack's timeline, very confused

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Boy I can't wait for the Sephiroth and Aeris Dual Tech!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You know, in retrospect, having a move you call "Hell's Gate" that also emits dark energy when you use it should have tipped off the therapist at Shinra that something wasn't quite right.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
TIFA KILLS SEPHIROTH????

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I've been wondering this since Remake, and it's only gotten more intriguing as things go: Will Sephiroth be redeemed by the end of the remake series?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So, in Kingdom Hearts Nomura ALWAYS puts some explanation as to why Sora loses all his godlike abilities and power for the start of the new game. What is the explanation for why Cloud and co. won't be roided out at the start?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

SettingSun posted:

I think sometimes about how goddamn weird it is that the world itself has a defense against threats, and that defense is a squad of supersize organic gundams.

Speaking of WEAPONS, are they going to make them smaller in the third game? Because in the OG they were absolutely massive, every single one dwarfed the party, I can't imagine it would play well in the modern games, it would either be laggy as hell or you would essentially be cutting down fleshy tree trunk legs.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Does Vincent and Yuffie still keep the older brother and bratty younger sister vibe?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
OK but wouldn't it really loving suck to have the afterlife just be a continuation of the misery of the living life? That's not The Promised Land of the Cetra, that's Purgatory.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh, that's...honestly, that's actually a really good point.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If you have a decent computer, absolutely not, get them on Steam.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
To be fair, I have it on good authority that nothing good is in outer space in Final Fantasy

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

nine-gear crow posted:

Palmer's probably like the loadbearing yet seemingly useless Jenga block you don't want to remove because it will bring the whole tower crashing down. Dude's probably got a whole slate of competent underlings working to make sure the trains literally run on time and poo poo and the system runs so well in his absence that if you replaced him with a new face, it would completely destroy the equilibrium because they'd try to actually be a manager and change things.

I'm not joking, this post hits way too close to home for some jobs I have been at.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
When he was a young boy did Genesis' dad take him into the city?

EDIT: lmao wait, I'm an idiot confusing different bands, My Chemical Romance is not the same band as My Bloody Valentine, who did Loveless, the album I was referencing

Gologle fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 27, 2024

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
There's going to be a 4th game in the remake series

It's going to be the Gackt Attack

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

RatHat posted:

Does Yuffie mostly play the same as in Intermission?

I asked a very similar question a day or two ago and the answer was practically yes

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Augus posted:

The Junon sequence is so much fun. They just totally lean into how ridiculous the whole scenario is and how dumb and oblivious it requires the Shinra troops to be. From the goofy-rear end march they do when Cloud sends calls them back to duty, to the serious commander running up to get her award and jumping up and down and waving like a little kid, to the 7th Division's blind acceptance of everything their "captain" does, it's all great.

Its a great satire of real life military

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Listen the less you think about the black cloak dudes deal the better off you will be. This same logic can also apply to literally everything new the Remake series introduces, just close your mind's eye and enjoy the gameplay and the times when it becomes original FF7.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yes I know, which is why I put the words "can also" I am aware that OG FF7 could sometimes also do dumb stuff

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Augus posted:

that reminds me, summons are unlocked in the remake by beating them in boss battles. Are we gonna have to fight KotR? :stare:

Not only are we going to fight them, but it will be revealed that they were the original heroes who sealed away Jenova

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So I have just unlocked all party members so this is my Objectively Correct ranking on how strong they are to use:

1. Yuffie: The GOAT. She's just incredible to play. Easy S tier. You throw shuriken, you spam ninjutsu with doppel, you then gap close and use art of war, or if something goes awry use any of her moves that specifically lets her bail from any bullshit. I'm not sure she even has weaknesses outside of being kinda squishy, which can be fixed by Being Good.

2. Tifa: The other GOAT. Still extremely fun to play, still extremely strong. Run circles around your enemies and beat them with the power of ZANGAN'S SECRET TECHNIQUE(s). Only weakness is a lack of aerial ability, which can be sort of fixed through synergy attacks and Gale.

3. Cloud: Simple and Clean is the way Cloud makes me feel. He can do everything, not as well as Yuffie, but he feels hardier than her. Plus he's the dude you are forced to have for at least half of the game so far, so of course they aren't going to make him weak. I put Enemy Skill on him and never looked back, Plasma Discharge is incredible.

4. Barret/Red XIII: I can't decide which of them comes next so I'm tie-ing them. I don't like using Red XIII's tanking gimmick, but he's good, very agile, and Stardust Ray hits like an isekai truck. Barret is still Barret, but he's better in this game in a way I can't quite articulate. I need to get better with both of them but lmao that's for later.

5. Aeris: For what it's worth, I completely agree with ImpAtom's idea that she plays like an FF14 Black Mage if put into an action game. Problem is, I don't like playing Black Mage. Just like with the above, I should practice with her more, but...eh.

6. Cait Sith: He's no Iscar Matthias that's for sure. A dubious little creature getting up to mischief.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It really doesn't make much sense how the black robed dudes are at some of these locations and I think I love it?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Mai please stfu. Chadley why would you make a android even you don't like

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
LMAO posters ITT not wanting to believe the Turks are good guys. They literally help save the world in Advent Children too

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
LMAO the enemies can hit Cait Sith's die as well and cause it to roll more

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKGxECGUMf0

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Harrow posted:

Ah I found the lines I as thinking of

So I'm going to be a little poo poo here and say my honest thoughts, even though I don't like the idea myself. I'm almost certain that's just a translation error. I can't speak or read Japanese and I haven't looked into it myself, but it feels like the kind of thing a translator is making more cryptic than it actually is. I'm pretty sure their world just blowed up

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Literally shaking and crying rn thinking about those ugly rear end Moogles and their awful minigame

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I didn't care in the last game, but this game I grew to resent always having Cloud be in the party when he was available. I hope next game we can finally just pick all three party members instead of Cloud being mandatory.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IImrgaBj1SU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
To be fair, we the audience know that Hojo is directly responsible for things being so awful, but the party does not know that, they know he's a crazy evil scientist, but they don't know how deep the well goes at that point.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"Cowabunga!" Cloud sobs, tears streaming down his face as he does sick kick flips on a snowboard racing down a mountain immediately after a tragic event happens in the original game.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Am I the only one who feels the gay tension between Cloud and Rufus?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9q_TyO3nc

So what I'm getting from this is that the -aga spells are even stronger in this game than in Remake

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Is Cloud going to get Omnislash in the last game?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
wtf i never knew that

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I have no idea what Promises to Keep means in context to the game's themes

is it just a nice song that they wanted to make for the game???

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Augus posted:

I don’t know how you could look at the lyrics and not see the connection to the game’s themes?

You know that Internet thing that says when you're happy you groove to the song, when you're sad you listen to the lyrics?

I have yet to be sad enough by playing this game to actually pay attention to the lyrics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sapUKb2GQ6M

Some of these monsters absolutely did not deserve this stunting that was inflicted upon them