Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Well I have about an hour to try to get through the final bosses of ff7 remake before rebirth drops. I was planning to finish it and the intermission with yuffie but that's looking unlikely. If I start a game and just leave it for now will I still get ramuh? Same for leviathan if I didn't ever actually pick it up from chadley. Is it worth putting off rebirth to actually play intermission? I'm thinking about just playing em both side by side for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

cool, its 15 minutes until I can play rebirth and I'm just resetting the fight against the whispers bc I clearly have not been playing this game super efficiently so far

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

wtf I'm in the nibelham flashback and they got me on the big industrial wetvac for magic radium

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I didn't play the demo or read any pre release studd so excuse my getting breathlessly hype over things the thread has known about for a while but HOLY poo poo THEY PUT A CARD GAME IN FF7

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I picked the absolute worst time to get a promotion I'm becoming a streamer

*6 months later in the goon fund thread*

Help me my family are dying

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The mentally ill woman surrounded by cardboard boxes that you play cards with in kalm is giving me some powerful foreshadowing vibes

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm not sold on this new weapon upgrade system, I struggled with the ffx system a lot and this feels kinda similar but I appreciate that it's easy to reset and mess around with. The Minimap is also worse than remake. That said dilligaf, this game fuckin owns.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

unattended spaghetti posted:

How is the minimap worse?

The extra level of graphical detail basically obscures what the actual viable paths are at least in kalm. Maybe I'll take to it or possibly even simply ignore it mostly instead of doing a lot of my pathing by looking at it. At the moment it feels jarring rather than helpful but I'm very early in so far. Plenty of time to change my mind on it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

As a counterpoint you have so much more freedom of movement in rebirth that it isn't as necessary to navigate via Minimap I think, it's just a habit leftover from remake

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Thanking my stars everytime I hold triangle that they didn't include the awful adaptive trigger "hold R2 to open a normal fuckin door" poo poo I'm ff16

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The bit where Barret berates everyone for going on dates and tifa/cloud/aerith all snap to attention affirmatively and then there's a beat and red does the same thing is a really cute moment and I really like that they've managed to really keep a lot of the heart of the original but use current tech to express it. If this was a straight remake it'd be perfect, let alone it kind of being it's own thing which feels better to me ATM.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Communist Bear posted:

Red is the pet dog.

"Is Red xiii a dog or a cat" the greatest thread in the history of the internet, was shut down after 526,942 pages

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The score is somehow even better than remake. Almost every piece is an homage to an original piece and they always make me appreciate both the original and the new composition.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I started intermission after rebirth came out and just haven't picked it back up cause I find the yuffie character a little too anime for my serious adult jrpg where people swear but tbh I think I mostly just wanted to play rebirth. I think I'll pick up intermission again on my weekend on Monday when I can just sink a day into it rather than blowing my 2-3 gaming hours on it for a couple of days

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

What's the exclusive for playing the demo? I didn't play it I just jumped in

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Lakbay posted:

Stop making me play Queen's Blood game, I don't like it

Please give me your queens blood opponents BC I keep running out of new people to play

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Are there any queens blood players in the junon area outside the city? I have been enjoying the far cry stuff but I crave card combat and am thinking about bailing on it to advance the story (find more queens blood opponents)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Just got yuffie. Still not sure I can be bothered taking a break to play intermission especially BC I just opened up the crows nest. Is there a good tldr of intermission anywhere?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

So I've had no real issues beating any opponents so far in queens blood but this guitar playing jerkoff in the cross nest is getting the best of me. Any good tips for Neil? I haven't bought any card packs since kalm, are there key cards I'm missing to deal with him?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm having trouble keeping track of what synergy skills and abilities I have actually gotten. Is there a way to do the folio stuff outside of bookstores and the machines?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Uh was that gilgameshes theme from ff5 at the end of the fort condor minigame storyline

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Uh was that gilgameshes theme from ff5 at the end of the fort condor minigame storyline

Hrm looking back I kind of forgot Gilgamesh was a samurai dude in ff5 so uh was that him? I guess? Ok. Sure. I'll play this bullshit on hard to find out what's up

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It was a version of Battle at the Big Bridge, yeah

It's crazy how that song has stuck in my head for decades now. Might be my single favourite piece of FF music

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Is there anything gated behind fort condor hard mode or is it just masochist bait?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ImpAtom posted:

There is a trophy

Oh so it's potent masochist bait

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Pollyanna posted:

Alright, I give up. What’s the trick to Fort Condor stage 4?

I just kind of brute forced my way through the choke point with a defender and two clerics and then placed down trebuchets on the other side of the choke. Any time I couldn't place units on the other side BC enemy units were advancing on me I would place whatever unit countered the one pushing me. As soon as you can summon hero units do it. It was a pain in the rear end and I'm never going to do hard mode. It's funny how "hard" games are actually super easy to plat while easy games like this always have some nightmare bullshit to make it an insane arduous task

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Btw this is probably a bit late for me to ask given I am in chapter 4 but is there a way to force aerial combat on melee characters? In remake cloud or tifa would just automatically enter air combat when you locked on and attacked a flying foe but that doesn't work as well now? Did I miss something?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I did all the basic training for the materia and still forgot a lot of it lol. It was mostly very much worth it just for the extra rundown on synergy skills/abilities but I still probably should revisit it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah not being able to ditch cloud is a bit sad but at least party xp is shared so you don't wind up like in ff7og where cloud is a huge swole dude ten levels above your weakest character.

I'm going the overcity in junon rn and I spent about ten minutes running around to get all the units and I got really annoyed at 9/10 and was about to give up and then I discovered the bar full of bald people lmao

I love the character through line from ff7og that the Turks typically are either too self involved to notice who you are, or just simply don't care when they're off the clock

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I was hoping you'd just run into them all but no sign of Tseng or Reno

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jimbot posted:

I'm surprisingly decent at Queen's Blood. Which is weird considering I'm hot trash at Triple Triad. I never got into that one outside the basic ruleset in 8. Once they started adding those weird rules I just threw my hands up and stopped.

Tbf any playthrough that involved putting any serious time into triple triad involved spending ages eliminating the poo poo rulesets from a region

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Losing my poo poo hooting and hollering at the 'secret' match at the end of the qb tournament

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Can't wait to get home from work tonight and try this Segway stuff lol

Also please tell me there is a way to have Barret in his cute little sailor outfit the whole time. I'll play hard mode if you let me do the whole game as a sailor

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

guts and bolts posted:

Rude killed Jessie's mom, in addition to everyone else he killed.

holy poo poo this didn't even occur to me either originally or in remake. I think it's more excusable (for me to not really think about the people on the plate) originally BC we never really get any characters of any depth to empathize with from above the plate in ff7og but yeah that whole scene with Jessie's mum absolutely drives home how abhorrent it was

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't really want spoilers but can anyone sort of give me the rough story beat from ff7og that rebirth ends on?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Put this down for a day for work after beating the queens blood tournament and I picked this up again and I just can't stop laughing and posing for pictures next to red in his little human costume

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I got to Costa del Sol and just Segwayd around for about five minutes having a blast just knocking poo poo over before I realised you get stuff for driving it and I immediately lost all will to do it despite being halfway to 4ks BC mental illness I guess?

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Shithead Island is amazing

Do not drop by my house uninvited like that ever again

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ImpAtom posted:

... Does that make him Sephiroth's brother?

I'll be honest, I thought he was just a young sephiroth clone until someone pointed out he says he's a cyborg. But I still kind of assume that means his organic parts are sephiroth clones

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Oh madame m has some kaiser Wilhelm hand thing going on lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

He's the dickhead mate you love to beat the poo poo out of at pool