Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game is gonna own. So excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Callin it the game of the year before even playing the demo

I don't need a demo for this one. If it plays exactly like Remake and is just a continuation of that, then we are golden, i'm sold instantly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sapozhnik posted:

Is there a source for that? Wikipedia says something that that effect but the article it cites makes no such claim.

I figured that since FFXVI has been out for something like a year now and is still exclusive then 7R2 wasn't going to show up any time soon.

My guess is that FFXVI will come out on PC shortly after the second DLC releases.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

I chose to believe that all Sephiroths in Remake are pissed off about losing in Advent Children and went back in time to make sure that they win this time and also to inform Cloud that they are extremely Not Mad about losing three times to a Shinra mallcop.

He was willing to let it go, but then someone did actually put in the paper that he got mad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jesus christ we are almost a week away.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looking forward to double dipping on the PC version eventually so can play Rebirth without sacrifices to the graphics and frame rate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah Final Fantasy XVI still isn't on PC, and my guess for that game is that it won't come out to PC until after the second DLC releases on PlayStation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RuBisCO posted:

skip work imo

I took Thursday and Friday off. Digital release is tomorrow at 9pm pacific, im not getting through work once the game releases.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ooh yeah the pre-load is 145GB

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Almost 12 hours to go. :f5:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have like another 5 1/2 hours left before I can play. Lucky ducks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

rebirth is out now, restart Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vitamean posted:

hoooly gently caress

I'm all in on queen's blood

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been playing Rebirth all day. Doing as much side content as I am able, and then moving to the next main story marker. Game is amazing. Playing on Performance mode, and maybe I just need to turn on my monitor but I have seen none of the issues that Digital Foundry has talked about? They used the demo, and that must be really outdated compared to what released digitally on PSN because the resolution and textures are fine. I have noticed some pop in but you have to really look for it. During normal gameplay, where you're not intentionally trying to notice pixels or issues, it is perfect and looks beautiful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've done nothing today but play Rebirth.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Well you must be pretty far into it, right?

11 1/2 hours and on chapter 4. So I don't feel like i'm that far? Barely anything has happened with the main story.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JBP posted:

Why did they make the moogles ugly

Yeah I dont like the moogles in this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I like FF16 but FF7Reb is basically on an entirely different level.

Yeah I love FF16, but Rebirth is is exactly what I wanted from a next-gen Final Fantasy game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chapter 9 with 24 1/2 hours played so far. But wondering when is the point of no return coming up, or when will I be able to fast travel anywhere in the game so I can work entirely on side quests and have everything opened up finally?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

limp dick calvin posted:

Yuffie is cool

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

FF 8 is the sequel to FF 7, be serious here :rolleyes:

An FF8 remake would be awesome, but only if its a complete game, no splitting up into a trilogy again. I dont mind it being done here, but dont want square to get into that habit either.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 2nd half of Chapter 11 is loving horrible. I never want to have to repeat this part again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like some of the mini games need big adjustments for difficulty, or to have their own difficulty settings. I have big time skill issues, and so struggle with some of these. The piano game feels impossible to me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I did the Tier III chocobo races tonight (the easiest ones), gonna try to do the rest tomorrow. Also will maybe be able to finish the main storyline tomorrow? 36 hours in and on Chapter 12.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Towers are tall things that can see other things far away.

For some reason there is at least one tower that is inside a canyon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

For anyone having trouble with that - remember to get/use your hero units (which are "charged" by summoning guys of the same type). Also remember Clerics.

Thank you for the tip, I don't think I would have figured this out on my own lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Also, I say this with love, but did anyone on the dev team have even a single idea that Square said "no, we're not putting that into the game" to?

I would love to know this lol

dev: How many mini games is too many?
Management: yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I really enjoy how much it feels like they recognize how much of FF7 was random-rear end minigames and they just leaned into it even more for the remakes.

Like, I'm expecting the Sub Battle sequences to be like an underwater ace combat or something at this point

God i'm so excited at the possibilities for what they can do for part 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am most looking forward to seeing how Square handles the snowboarding, spaceship rocket launch sequence, and submarine parts of the original, in part 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

44 hours later and I have finished the main story.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy 16 is still really great in my opinion. I thoroughly loved that game a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One of the things that is really bothering me about the story now that i'm done with that part, even with all of the conflict, the entire thing is almost consequence / stakes free for both the protag and antag characters. The game very much wants to have it both ways especially with the ending. There are so many moments with plot armor, and fake outs in each chapter that it started to get really frustrating and predictable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mustang posted:

Which moron thought people would want to hear Chadley and Mai prattle on and on about boring bullshit every time you interact with a point of interest?

Seriously hope they patch in some way to mute these two. I'm almost done with the Junon area and they have not said anything even remotely interesting this entire time.

The best part is when Mai tells you something over fighting enemies and so you cant understand what they are saying.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Not gonna lie I genuinely considered calling out sick tomorrow so I could play some more.

I took Thursday and Friday off work and made the most of it playing non-stop. Stopped just now to go to bed cause I am going to work in the morning. :P I will probably not be this addicted to a game again until Grand Theft Auto VI comes out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

I gotta say I'm impressed, I took friday off and played almost non stop but didn't manage more than reaching cosmo canyon :v:

My approach is to always do the side stuff after the main story. It just feels easier to tackle that stuff after.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seph posted:

Yeah agreed the last one is serious bullshit. I was about 2% away from killing the boss with 10 seconds to go and then he out of the blue casts some bullshit time stop spell so all my guys just sat there doing nothing until the clock ran out. I had to take a break after that cause I was so pissed. When I come back to it I will probably just turn the game to easy (from dynamic) just to clear it since it’s not even fun at this point.

So that explains why I lost that fight too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any quests where you get to fight Chadley? Maybe Square saves that for part 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Aramis posted:

This is a very goofy game. This makes me very happy, I couldn't have asked for more.

Yeah! Game is at its best when its being goofy as gently caress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

They really leaned in on yuffie being an obnoxious teenager, but I feel like her saving grace is she is pretty strong+fun to play as

Yuffie is my favorite character in combat. She feels so great to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Outside of the unlocked Hard mode, no.

I should try to finish the whole story on hardmode now that I have that unlocked.