Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

I'm fine with resigning or tag+trading. Whichever one works. We've let a couple guys go recently like Judon and Zadarius Smith who we've really missed. And interior pressure is rare. But iirc advanced stats don't show him as all that dominant? So if another team is enticed I wouldn't mind getting a good return for him especially if a higher pick(like top 15) is involved.

I also think the Ravens are a team that might do well to invest in a RB. If we had a real #1 RB along with Lamar it would make it so drat hard to beat us. It's too bad Dobbins career went the way it did with injuries. A lot of people want us to get Derrick Henry and maybe that will still work for us but it's not the same guy as a few yrs ago. Saquon Barkley I really don't know much about except that he's another guy who's had major injuries. Draft situation I know nothing about.

I like Gus Edwards but it's very clear the team does not trust him as an RB1 so I'm fine with moving on from him.

What kind of RB would mesh with the Ravens? A 1 cut speed back? They've gotten a surprising amount of mileage from Edwards but I think that's more a function of the offense/who was available for the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Future Chiefs backup, just to piss Nagy off

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Canned Sunshine posted:

Lmao

So how soon until all the other fans say “gently caress the Chiefs” like everyone currently says “gently caress the Cowboys”?

I still don't give a gently caress about the Chiefs. They're fine. They'll get more annoying if they threepeat. Mahomes is overexposed but less annoying than Brady and unlike Aikman isn't the most obvious fraud in the sport. Their supporting cast is old too and they'll have to retool and be a different style of team to keep contending.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Parallax posted:

they have the youngest defense in the league

And they have to either pay Chris Jones or replace the best player on their defense.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Canned Sunshine posted:

Which means it’s still either the same very young defense, 1-year older AND with Chris Jones, or a slightly less capable defense if Chris Jones leaves but still plenty of talent and room to grow.

They’ve won 3 in 5 years, which puts them in Cowboys and Patriots territory in terms of success, lol.

I think this is a really rosy picture of how KC would look without Chris Jones. I don't think they'll pay him, he's a lot harder to replace than you're giving him credit for, and maybe any team in the AFC will get their poo poo together in the playoffs.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Canned Sunshine posted:

I don’t really disagree, but the same was said by some after the Patriots traded Chandler Jones to the Cardinals, and the Patriots just kinda kept chugging along…

My guy Chris Jones and Chandler Jones don't play the same position or hold the same relevance to the defenses they played for.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Otoh Chris Jones is a super saiyan IDL and a pivotal piece of the defense. The only reason he hasn’t had more hype over his career is because it overlapped with Mr Aaron Donald

He's also been willing to play hardball with KC and doesn't seem like he's 100% set on re signing. There's another contender in Houston that would be willing to sign him, among other teams with the cap space to give him $35 million.

The cap isn't real though. If the Chiefs are willing to restructure contracts they can create plenty of space to keep Jones, sign a need in the FA market, and potentially contend with that defense.

Even in this hypothetical, the best defenses each year change more than offenses. The top defense is not static and depends on a ton of factors. KC could once again have an elite D, they could also have like the 20th.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I think it's dumb to speculate what Jimmy G got suspended for because we don't have the charts lol

Who plays behind center for LV next year? If they sign Getsy and trade for Fields I will laugh. If they trade for Bagent they're admitting they have no plan but at least he'll throw the 2 types of passes his OC wants.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Gabe Davis is a very good WR3 and if you need him to be the WR2 you will hate him

He drops so many balls, he's a great scheme fit for KC. Last year a near 10% drop rate, dropped last year but I bet it's an outlier

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Dont count out the Jags here.

I dunno, maybe the Ravens pay him to spend 2/3 the contract on IR.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Lmao I love Kyler but nobody believes the Cardinals are happy with him under center. The HC seems to like him but the GM and owner don't

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Cardinals ownership might be the worst in the league.

No he's not, Tepper is worse at owning a team and worse to work for. Bidwill is solidly 2nd worst now.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Cards did the same thing with Rosen…

statistics are clear: murray getting traded

If they do that, I'm buying a knockoff Bears sweatshirt and going full meathead posting.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

There's 6 guys I feel you can just ignore anyone who says if they'd take Kyler over them, so I guess I'd be curious how people would organize this list:

Murray, Lawrence, Dak, Love, Tua, Purdy, Hurts, Goff.

Leaving Stafford and Kirk out for being 35. I'd also put Dak in that first list, but people love to hate them a Cowboy.

I'd rather have Hurts. I think.

Hurts
Murray
Love
Dak
Tua
Lawrence
Goff
Purdy

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

Really appreciating just how jumbled that list is from you six, outside of Dak and Purdy at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Hurts: 1, 4, 3, 1, 3, 5
Murray: 2, 6, 4, 8, 5, 6
Love: 3, 5, 1, 4, 7, X
Dak: 4, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1
Tua: 5, X, 6, 7, 5, 2
Lawrence: 6, 2, 5, 5, 8, 3
Goff: 7, 3, 8, 3, 1, 4
Purdy: 8, 7, 7, 6, 4, X

It should be noted I'm an enormous Dak hater. I don't think it's based on anything other than gently caress the Cowboys but I just see him and think Dallas which, gross.

Love is based on me believing GB just figured it out and will always have a QB of elite caliber. Kyler I've watched as a fan for years and I just really like him as a person.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

pmchem posted:

the only way to top this season for him would be an engagement to Taylor

I think this would be hilarious but I don't think his wife or brother would be down with it.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

pmchem posted:

i cannot imagine replacing TLaw with Mac loving Jones

I can. It would be hilarious.

Mac's clearly a backup. He probably fits well with Doug's offense but won't elevate anything

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

EmbryoSteve posted:

Yeah this makes sense if you're planning on drafting a 1st round qb. Easy jump to the cardinals pick probably to get your guy and have darnold as competition or low quality starter while whomever sits for a year

Yeah no letting Arizona draft an elite WR 4th, they have to get more future compensation. Lol.

They're taking Marv and it'll take a lot of future firsts to get them to not take Marv

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

God this is so sad for everyone involved

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Broncos are so hosed on QB. Go BPA and tank the season for a shot next year I guess.

I'm shocked Taysom Hill isn't in a Denver uni already

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ban the forward pass

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Punter: A Ken Burns Documentary

Ken Burns' Kicking

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

That's a lot of money for Jeudy, Jesus

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Maybe he's russian.

Defenestration is more Czech

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Arizona is spending more on QB + LT than the Steelers are spending on offense. Every other OL is making at least $3m, they're spending $10m on RBs for some reason.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Surprised Tits are so low since the vast majority of their FA signings were offensive, but that's what happens when your offense otherwise consists of Nuk and a bunch of rookies and/or JAGs.

With a little work over the summer, I think those Tits are in for a big lift

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

NFL GMs like big butts and they always lie

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Broncos are going to reach and we will love and adore the pick.

I'm a fan of Penix. I don't know if Sean Payton can tolerate a left handed QB though considering his offense is rigidly structured around a robo QB making good decisions.

I am surprised they haven't tried to acquire Tyson Bagent from Chicago. It would be hysterical if Bagent went for more than Fields did

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

They pushed back the trade deadline!

... one week

fart

Week 13 deadline would be best. Hockey trades are great and done right at the end of the season. Let the 7-6/6-7 teams panic buy to satisfy their fans already, NFL

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Are they going to get him one of those operations where they make your legs longer?

They're hoping he evolves into Bryce Adolescent and gets a second growth spurt

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Oh good the Chiefs now have to literally find a WR

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Hard to believe. I had read Andy had taken him under his wing like a son.

Lmao

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

APH pulling out the same joke from every single group chat in the world

Would you prefer a Hertz rent a car joke? The OJ Pool is pretty shallow.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I'd accept a good Hertz joke.

The cancer Hertz'd OJ as he faded away.

He must've been on rented time.

Hope he didn't forget to clean the interior before leaving the mortal coil.

Oh I'm sorry, you said "good"

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Is OJ good enough to get into the hall of fame?

1973 on its own would have been enough. He was the best RB of the early 1970s

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

He doesn't want to be GM anymore, he just wants to coach.

Future Chicago Bears coach Bill Belichick. Unlike that phony Matt Nagy he'll run the entire loving offense in the T formation

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

Jesus christ, Roman -and- Trestman, what could go wrong

They aren't handling play calling they're handling one small job. Most failed head/coordinating coaching hires are because someone is really good at a smaller role and promoted out of their depth. Trestman is probably handling behind the scenes stuff without any requirement to be In Charge. Roman is a solid to good running game coordinator as well which meshes with Jim Harbaugh.

fsif posted:

That's like their response to the Titans using the Oilers unis? Just rip off Tennessee's look?

I really hope this is why because it's cool as gently caress, cooler than the original

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Docjowles posted:

That's what I originally thought the plan was but Greg Roman is officially the offensive coordinator. Who knows how duties shake out in practice but he's not (on the org chart) there just to dial up sick run plays

The OC title means a lot less when the HC is an offensive play caller.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Has Harbaugh ever called plays?

In Ann Arbor until like 2022

In San Fran the OC was Greg Roman no idea who ran the plays then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

He was at one point the most Trested man in Chicago. That lasted a week and a half

He's not a leader and he's not some major find. But he's been coaching since the 1980s in a West Coast scheme and a "senior offensive assistant" title probably means he's establishing a scheme/basic foundational stuff that normal NFL viewers never see.