Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Man, you think your run is 100% smooth and just as you're about to get through the gateway, an abductor whips you through a line of tourists and you get back with everything in the red instead of green.

Was pretty fuckin' funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Am I crazy or is there no flashlight in the tech tree?

It's with the headlights

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I keep getting the one where when you shift to park the front passenger door opens

The Quirks computer tells me I have like 5 other quirks but I have not noticed anything obvious like the door one

They can be stuff like "If the battery is empty, honk the horn" or something that will never come up.

The very first quirk I got was "when trunk is closed, honk the horn", and I have kept it through the whole game. Every time I finish packing for a trip, my car is all "hey, I'm ready, buddy!". Makes me smile every time.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
The big splotches always have a few negative zone modifiers and have the minimum amount of time before the storm starts to close. It closes in at regular speed though, not "you opened the gate" speed.

You're not going to be comfortably looting much but you can generally grab one anchor or hit a couple POIs before the alarm sounds and even then there's time to get to an exit before even the yellow ring closes.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Hemish posted:

I did manage to get under it but it was so high up I had no means to reach my stuff. I lost my side battery and my hydropower to those things, in the same map/run.

Drive your car under it, hop on the roof?

Unrelated, just beat it, basically no notes. Game was fantastic and wonderful and didn't overstay its welcome. I think the game peaked around the mid zone (the mission to get through the wall was the best), but I dragged my feet at the end intentionally because I wanted to do a few more runs. Totally fine with how it ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
My favorite quirk I got besides trunk closes -> horn honks is wipers on -> fuel gauge fails. The pips still light up properly so you know about how much fuel you have, and then indicator sweeps back and forth in time with the wipers. Between the "lets go, buddy!" Honk of closing the trunk and the "look mom, I'm a windshield wiper!" Of the fuel gauge, my car developed a really cute chipper personality via quirks.