Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Nuclear Spoon posted:

the longer you spend with your hand in the cash register the more likely it is you'll get caught
I think it’s more they’ve hand in the cash register for so long they need someone else to come along and put some money back in it for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

isn’t “puppy smuggling” also a euphemism for wearing a sweater over large breasts? or is that just something my internet-poisoned brain has invented?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Guavanaut posted:

Those are sweater puppies, I've never heard it the other way around. Although in the theme of the above, it's possible that we're both some kind of deviated prevert
Oh I was definitely thinking of this phrase, ha.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Apraxin posted:

me 5 mins ago: why are we spending so many posts trading kate photo conspiracy theories?!?

me now: lol. lmao.
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1766944328847364201
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1766950340572623325
lmao this saga has better writing than most Netflix originals

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jakabite posted:

I mean they definitely touch up pictures all the time and that’s considered fine so it must be something egregious enough for multiple editors of the most respected (for better or worse) photographic agencies in the world to pull them.
I believe the official reason is that the sweater of the girl on the right (no idea of their names, not going to learn now) doesn’t line up properly with her hand. There’s also some weird blurring issue with the hand clasping the jumper on the left but I haven’t seen that cited as an official cause for the retraction.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

fuctifino posted:

William gets full legal immunity when his dad dies, so all he has to do is murder Charles too.
seems to me this could apply to anybody if you’re able to take out everyone above you in the line of succession :ninja:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

smellmycheese posted:

im gonna suggest the whole thing is relatively mundane and its simply that she has decided to divorce him and stop publlic appearances since he finally confessed to shagging the Marchioness of Cholmondley - which is a real person, and the very fact I can type the above sentence shows how utterly insane this country is.
I'm gonna suggest this whole thing is even more insane than anybody has predicted and her "abdominal surgery" is the first step in a Krang procedure where the King will live on as a disembodied head looking out of a window in her belly.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I care for my kids every other week

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’m assuming the decision will be reversed inside a month :(

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

bessantj posted:

ChatGPT is trained on about 10,000 dad jokes.
reply to the following as if it were a joke setup: what do you call 10,000 dad jokes?

ChatGPT posted:

A “dad-a-base”! 😄

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I tried to do the “fill a watermelon with vodka” once when I went camping as a young ‘un but we took mushrooms and then later fell asleep and woke up to find a donkey eating the melon and our hamburgers

crispix posted:

it is red nose day did yous wear funny nose and head shave bath of beans for to raise money for the starving children in africa hehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehe :holy:
Christ I’d fully forgotten this was a thing, not thought about it in at least five years. Do they still do the car front noses? Haven’t seen those in an age either.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

There was also at least one academic paper trying to quantitatively assess just how biased against him the media was

Journalistic transgressions in the representation of Jeremy Corbyn: From watchdog to attackdog comes to mind

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Americans pronounce it “erb” and that’s all I need to know it’s wrong

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

smellmycheese posted:

Wait until you hear how the Irish Americans pronounce “Peugot” “Nissan”

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I don’t think my brain can accept “pardon?” as being less posh than “what?”

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

five news programmes broke the rules, but lucky for you we operate a “𝑛 strikes policy” where 𝑛 is always one more than the number of rule breaches

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Make the same MPs go on a real TV station to list the rules they breached and apologise

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

T-shirt quote:

quote:

On refunds for the event, which some customers claim they are still to receive, he said: “I am not a scam artist, I am not a con man or anything like that.

I don’t know if the guy has trouble speaking or if “The National” has editing issues but

quote:

“My life has been turned upside, my life is ruined,” he said.

“I genuinely done what I can.”
:eng101:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

ed: Note: Before being declared bankrupt there is an upfront cost payable of £680.
me, smiling and nodding, my ear gently bleeding

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

forkboy84 posted:

Honestly at this point if they replace Sunak it just guarantees they won't have an election until January or whenever the last possible date is. With Rishi still in charge we might have gotten it before Christmas.
New Year’s Day election, really keep those voter numbers suppressed, let’s go

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

GAH I haven’t seen the new Twin Peaks yet, don’t ruin this for me as well :cry:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

When I lived in Chester I walked past the racecourse when the races were on once and realised even if I’d wanted to place a bet I would have been linguistically unable to do so, all the terms and jargon were so completely alien to me. Literally could not understand what the odds meant or who was supposed to win or what situation was supposed to happen, absolutely bewildering.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Only bet I ever did was as a group at the dog track, where we ended up for someone's stag do. The dog won, we let the stag keep the proceeds.
lmao this reminded me the one time I did do a bet was at the dog track visiting my then-girlfriend’s family in Ireland, the 10-year-old child was ferrying bets and winnings back and forth and I put a couple of euro down “both ways” I think? I won five or ten euro and everyone was very impressed and I’m like, I dunno I just bet what the kid suggested

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

even worse, these will be The Good Old Days

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

News headline today was something about banning a group of ~SUPER STRENGTH STREET OPIOIDS~, I thought they brought in that stupid law a few years back banning all drugs by default so they didn’t have to do this anymore?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

feel this guy is just trying to make me laugh harder each time he pops up https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1770270571395502409
lmao if he really believes he’s been hard done by (else why would you give an interview with your name attached a week or more after the thing) then it’s even funnier

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Waiting to find out that’s actually the name and face of an old business partner he’s trying to gently caress over

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jakabite posted:

I once got reprimanded at a new job for expressing that I thought a chicken bake was like a hot cumshot in food form.
afraid to ask how you feel about a steak bake

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The only ‘housing’ that gets built near me is “boutique student living” where students are crammed into tiny highrise boxrooms that are below spec to ever be repurposed as regular flats, but they have movie nights and housekeeping to justify enormous rents :waycool:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

I tend to buy mice and keyboards every 3-5 years as things like the cables or plastic starts to wear away.

Will apart from that keyboard I bought and had to replace like two months later because muggins here spilled an entire pint of beer into it because I'd carelessly put it in the path of rotation for my chair.
I had a Logitech wireless keyboard / trackpad for controlling the living room media PC that lasted for years and years, even after I spilled a good portion of curry into it.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Marmaduke! posted:

Too many people caught up in living in a big city, if you just broadened your horizens you could live somewhere beautiful and affordable like...
https://www.onthemarket.com/new-homes/property/garboldisham/
(I jogged place this development last night, it's even worse seeing it in person)
Computer, show me :geno: as a house

xtothez posted:

I've never seen a list of UK places that looked more like it was generated by AI than this. It's so weird not recognising a single one.
Yeah those are some Transport Tycoon-rear end place names

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

crispix posted:

good way to kill a brand that.
Lenovo have been trash tier for a while. ThinkPads used to be a real premium PC laptop brand and Lenovo have let it go absolutely to hell while just riding everybody’s memory of them being solid.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Sod shopping IMO, I’m sure you’ve seen shops before. Take the opportunity to hop on a train and go see the Peak District, a genuinely beautiful part of England that looks like it’s come out of some delightful illustrated postcard

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’m sure all the flag-botherers very upset about the cross will be able to tell us the exact shade of red it should be, then? Tell me the Pantone colour code without looking it up, fucker!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

Around me tons of new housing is being built but the problem is they're still bloody expensive AND the commute is way longer.

The Oxbridge Rail Project would massively help this but that's currently struggling with NIMBYs, some with good reason (the aforementioned long commute for any available housing).
Nobody I know would ever consider buying a new build anyway because they’re all made of wet sand and Lego

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

No! Apostrophe then S means possessive.
The pope’s possessed‽ :derp:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Shout out to resident cyber bong lord fuctifino, your posts about medical weed got me to mention it to my partner who suffers chronic pain and she’s now looking forward to receiving a selection box of prescription weed in the post which will really help her out :420:

Starbucks posted:

I got some of those new sexy pylons near me

My inner nerd is actually quite happy about this, I remember some news article about this design probably a decade ago but I didn’t think they were actually building any.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I don't think I've ever heard of Laurence Fox outside this thread and to be honest I don't think I'd be able to tell you what he was known for prior to being a Twitter corncob posting daily updates on how he's wrecking his life.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’m a big boy now I’m having ice cream for breakfast gently caress you mum and dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Starbucks posted:

Do you rinse off stuff before putting it in the dishwasher? If so, don’t.
Eh, what :confused: What does this achieve other than causing a blockage?