Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao Labour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every time I see news of Russell Brand and he's still not become a cult leader I get very confused

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Skarsnik posted:

Wtf is all this waffle leading to

"Stop being mad at us or we'll beat the poo poo out of you"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Desperate attempt to make anything other than 'Tories and Labour implode in Rochdale' the front page of tomorrow's papers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Failed Imagineer posted:

Maybe they just all couldn't be arsed. Almost relatable

She's focusing on her new Willie's chocolate factory venture

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smellmycheese posted:

This poll gives them an estimated 25 seats after an election lol

This what happens when you let the mob rule :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

keep punching joe posted:

After a certain threshold FPTP breaks, see Scotland 2015 for example. Though that was a wave of rage and optimism that brought that about. Starmer Labour are like the anti charisma party sensibly avoiding anything that looks like positive change.

So they'll probably gently caress it.

Also lmao

It's called Labour because everyone is forced into labour

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

big scary monsters posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure I've heard "smuggling puppies" used in that sense too. It sounds like a very '00s lad's mag phrasing.

I've been holding in an I smuggle puppies... under my dress! joke for 24 hours

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Obvious solution here is don't have babies. Or you'll just get shitted on figuratively while getting shitted on literally

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nenonen posted:

Two parents go to work, one looks after the kids.

Good argument for throupling imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bobstar posted:

That reminded me of a John Harris headline from the other day

"For years, the Tories said austerity was over. But look around: it’s getting worse, and there’s more to come"

Now obviously austerity was never over, but when did the Tories claim it was? I feel like I would have remembered that.

Like 5 different times

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bloody foreigners staying at home and taking our jobs

Rarity fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Mar 7, 2024

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Runcible Cat posted:

Not sure if that's because it was a fascinating rarity

No that's me :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sebzilla posted:

Please stop hiding in the woods and corrupting teenagers

[

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Me sowing:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Despite all those things you still live in Britain. Checkmate

Me reaping:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

some very nasty, negative posters in tonight. Maybe the Uk isnt all its cracked up to be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

domhal posted:

Just a normal shadow chancellor. A succulent shadow chancellor.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

MANDATORY KILL NOTICE ON PRINCESS OF WALES

Just Another Lurker posted:

Agence France-Presse... French Press Agency

It's all coming together...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tesseraction posted:

Jesus H. Christ, it'll be King William by summer.

Wills in summer then George due to abdication after murder charges in autumn, just imagine the number of extra bank holidays we'll get

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

dadrips posted:

If King Chuck's away then imo we should override the rules of succession to allow princess Anne to be queen for a couple of months or something, maybe let her do trooping of the colour, then pack the whole monarchy in and call it a day. She seems to be the one trotted out to do all the minor events the other royals can't be bothered with, like cutting the ribbons at refurbished civic centres and shaking hands with the non-photogenic people in hospital wards, so maybe give her a shot before it all gets turned into museums

Let all the kids do it in rotation so we can work out who's best. George on Mondays and Thursdays, Louis on Tuesdays and Fridays, Charlotte on Wednesdays and Saturdays then they split the Sundays on a rota

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hard to say but I think that's Tim Vine

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can't stop looking at that one chip that slipped onto the table which he didn't even bother to move before taking the pic

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My "My wife is totally fine and definitely not murdered" T-shirt is raising a lot of questions answered by the shirt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I didn't give a poo poo about this story when it was a 'where's arr Kate gone?' conspiracy but now the story is 'the Palace is really loving bad at covering up a conspiracy' and that's hilarious

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Starbucks posted:

(It was blue and black).

Mods plz

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1767271520995270667

What a oval office

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Question IRL posted:

Didn't Wes Streeting last month talk about how they wanted to make hospitals have dedicated single sex wards?

With the implication being that Trans people would have special Trans only hospitals to go to. But the reality would be "no health care for you!"

No they'd just put trans women with cis men and trans men with cis women because this is a logical idea that everyone will be comfortable with

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well at least it's not chaos with Ed Miliband

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Would 4 PMs between elections be a record?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Starbucks posted:

A white man aged 18-24 from the South West, who owns a home in an urban area, is unemployed or sick and has a postgraduate degree has a:

Hilarious that the most likely Green voter is some young trust fund kid clearly living off Mum and Dad's money

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just gently caress everything

https://twitter.com/crystalwillseeu/status/1767642222462210391

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There is value in disconnecting from the binary position of someone is/isn't racist and moving towards an idea of racism being a communal social phenomenon which all of us with privilege engage with from a lesser to greater degree but that is not what's happening and the Tories are just trying to whitewash a oval office

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The_Doctor posted:

WB have to be watching this develop like :stonk:

I assure you David Zaslav does not give a gently caress

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lmao brutal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Is that confirmed? they're not at school?

There's evenings weekends and half-term mate

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Caroline Lucas was recently interviewed by Alastair Campbell and he brought up how when Corbyn became leader she was really supportive of him and pretty much agreed with him on everything. She concurred but apparently made it plain that she didn't anymore. Why would Lucas feel the need to distance herself from Corbyn?

Hmm yes questions must be asked

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It seemed unusual to me. You don't think so?

Mhm indeed this needs to be investigated

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It seems like you are attempting to use sarcasm to diminish the significance of something? To encourage it to be ignored. why?

Someone should look into this imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

It does seem like it would cause particular problems in the UK because of terf brain.

I doubt this is a UK-specific problem

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I dont really remember there being any trans argument over it at the time? Like now that would be the first association people would make with it? Maybe there was at the time and I just didnt notice

The culture war over trans people didn't really kick into gear until 2017 or so, it was pretty much kickstarted by Theresa May's plans to bring in self-ID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sRoYvFTE3c