Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
gently caress sake Rochdale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Galloway was the best choice? Ok point still stands

gently caress sake Rochdale

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
OK so Rochdale voted in Galloway (the only choice) to show their disproval of Israel being a bunch of massive cunts because there was no one else with that view.

I'm dying on this hill before giving credit to Georgre for being pro Palestine. Everything smells like a grift with him.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Georgre on big brother purring has burned itself into my brain and I can never forget it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
And we're off

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

smellmycheese posted:

I regret to inform you that Mustard has gone woke

Dijon > Colmans so that's settled

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

The Tories got what they wanted, the youth impoverished and in despair, and then they bitch about us not having kids.

But we can always rely on immigrat.........

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
£70k a year is not enough to live on as I get ready to go out for my 4th dinner this week at Haute cusine £150 per head.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

I'm not going to go for the bat for the guy crying about being on £75k but you'd think the fact people like that are starting to feel the squeeze would be more concerning to those in power. If you're losing the comfortable professionals then who is even left to support the interparty Tory consensus apart from landlords and pensioners?

UK wages are just absurdly low overall. Every now and then I wonder how it would look to move back home, and for me it would entail something like a 40-50% drop in salary, while the cost of living somewhere I'd actually find work is only about 10-15% lower (rent and transport likely cost more, food, household stuff and services cost less, utilities probably comparable). And I'd end up paying more tax, with much worse public services and working conditions.

We're like a decade from the Poles complaining about all those damned Brits coming over there, taking their jobs, opening their weird fish and chip shops, and not even learning the language.

I dunno 75k is pretty decent tbh. Someone moaning about it not being enough is someone who had to cut back from 4 nights out to 3 nights out a week.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Making sure the people who need a boost in money the most receive it.

hosed

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ahhh red nose day. The day the nation gets to together to celebrate giving money to poor kids because everyone in power are grifting cunts.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Runcible Cat posted:

Does she ever actually bother to do anything nice for anyone with her ridiculous piles of goblin cash? After all, she "cares" so much about cis women....

Her donations are the equivalent of someone in this thread handing out a few quid to a homeless person and then making sure everyone knows that you make donations and do philanthropy.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

apparently the fantastic beasts royalties go to comic relief. that seems like quite a lot

Royalties on two products that generated combined £17 million at the time will be gently caress all. How generous of her. What a legend.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah NHS is pretty popular tbh. Not met anyone I think ever who has wanted it sold off.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What pisses me off the most is that the UK voters would probably elect anyone right now just aslong as it's not tory and the other option is loving Starmer. A gibbon would get elected right now over a tory. But we have loving Starmer!!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Private Speech posted:

So uhh can anyone explain to me why are we cutting national insurance contributions at the same time as the papers are complaining that state pensions are underfunded? Seems a bit counterproductive.

Just a reminder to who this benefits. People who don't need a tax cut.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Zen internet if they offer fibre to your house. You'll pay a little bit over other companies like Virgin but their customer service is good last time I used them.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Is it just me or is there a renewed push by the govt to justify Israeli actions?
Just seems to have stoked up again in the past few days.

Our government is dumb and poo poo

Free Palestine

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Loving all the companies in the last few months announcing record or massive profit increases despite being told inflation, wage increases, cost of living to justify huge jumps in prices and/or sacking staff and/or freezing pay.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

I don't think there has been any distinct fasion, music, or culture since about 2005 to be honest. Its just an endless mishmash of the 80s/90s being remixed. I think we're on like the 10th iteration of vaporwave now.

No one is really prepared to take a risk anymore. Easier to churn out generic stuff that will gain some sales profit. Doesn't matter if it's music, games, TV etc. Making a profit is more important than experimenting. This is why the 70's and 80's were awesome music decades with crazy fashion and haircuts. If it caught on then great. If not never mind.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

sinky posted:

Brussels proposes free movement deal for UK’s 18- to 30-year-olds

Will starmer shoot himself directly in the dick and balls and come out against this for fear of offending people who will never vote labour?

lmao that the EU threw an olive branch to potentially rejoin at a later date or at least get some of the good stuff back and we promptly spat in their face.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Miftan posted:

It's so ridiculous as well. Even under the most basic analysis and no effort from the government, it doesn't stand up to any argument other than 'uuhhh government bad private business good??'

Like, if the government buys out a company running a business, they can keep the entire structure as-is, make zero changes so nothing will get worse, the same people will be making the decisions, but there's no need to pay shareholders. Even in that very pared down case, it'll be cheaper and run the same.

You are forgetting the dinners, holidays, donations and gifts that the government misses out on if it is no longer private and able to dodge health and safety regulations. The horror.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

dadrips posted:

This new Lloyds Bank advert is a bit too edgy for me

You got me pretty good

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It was an emotional support horse

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Cookie Cutter posted:

Exactly, BoJo himself actually flew over there and told them not to make any kind of peace deal but to fight to the end and we'd support them no matter what - and now they are getting completely hung out to dry. Regardless of who shot first our ruling class only cares about how much Russian blood the Ukrainians can spill - even if there's no Ukrainians left standing when the dust settles.

That's not quite accurate. Chinas peace plan which Russia agreed to dropped while Bojo was over there. It was basically give everythin east of Dnipro to Russia or else. I don't disagree with the whole Russian blood thing though as long as it's not us that you mentioned.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

Given that recruiters are having to literally kidnap dudes off the street and drag them to the front lines and there's diplomatic moves on to force Ukrainian men who've fled to other countries back home to do their duty (i.e. die), I'm not sure at all that the Ukrainian people are as eager to continue the fight as you might think they are.

Please don't do this.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Cookie Cutter posted:

This is what it comes down to, effective Russian domination vs effective Western domination via the coup government we installed in 2014. So of course that same government was not keen on the deal, the domination process was already well underway through institutional capture rather than territorial annexation.

This is utter horse poo poo and not even able to be proven. There is a literal phone call of a US rep that Russia recorded in UA saying to keep the status quo but the UA government booted their president. There is no 'dominance'. This is a lovely realism talking point that trivalises smaller countries.

Cookie Cutter posted:

Do what? It's true.

Yes because a video on the daily mail means tens of thousands are getting press ganged.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Cookie Cutter posted:

Here's some infantilising for you, that's not what I'm doing here. Well aware there are plenty of Ukrainians who would disagree with me. Not many of them live in the Donbas however, after being shelled by the 2014 government for... going on ten years now. I'm gonna leave it here too as things are getting predictably testy. But it is encouraging to see there is more appetite for the idea that our own governments here in the enlightened west don't care about Ukrainian lives despite what they say, because they don't.

The Donbas that voted in favour of Zelensky in 2019? Why would they vote for the guy shelling them hmmm.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
and they all hugged it out

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

If you are arguing that there is a species-wide imperative to fight Russia then the best way to accomplish that would be direct military intervention with the professional, volunteer militaries of other countries, not shipping out refugees to be conscripted. Not least because it is entirely possible that the latter approach will not avert a Russian victory and the former would still be a necessary consideration. Which means that as far as the initial contention goes, that western states care about the welfare of the Ukrainian people, permitting it to come to, and actively supporting Ukrainian conscription would be a direct refutation of that. It is simply the least costly course for the states to take.

Shipping out refugees isn't a thing. Also, a bill didn't even make Ukraines government floor about tighterning up penalties for draft dodging. They threw it out without even talking about it. Becareful on what you read. It's a poo poo show atm.

And what Dabir said.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

I'm afraid to say that due to a comedy of errors I'm now in the IDF

Shhh don't blow your cover

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I did not know this was a thing at all. Undersheet, duvet cover and pillow cases. I'll sleep under a duvet cover (minus duvet) during a heat wave.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Treadmill, walking and netflix is an awesome way to get back into stuff. Binge watch a series and before you know it, you've done 6 miles and 3 episodes of westworld and barely noticed the time go by.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

HopperUK posted:

WTF is this Tory strategy of stepping up attacks on the sick and disabled? I know they've always just wanted people to die but why this sudden rush, do they think this will play well?

Throw everything at the wall to see what sticks.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Pinch of cumin (S&P too) is tasty with avo. Chopped fresh coriander if you have any.

Beans (Heinz always Heinz) on toast still is the winner though. Bit of chilli powder, worcestershire sauce, S&P in the beans heated on the hob. One piece of toast buttered and beans up top so it goes soggy. Grate cheese on it and a quick grill. One piece of buttered toast for dunking.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

BalloonFish posted:

You are absolutely correct, but I reserve the right to hate boomers who refuse to acknowledge that they benefited from a time, place and system that no longer exists and think that a) they're hard-working geniuses for being able to seize those benefits and b) that anyone younger than them who can't buy a three-bed house in SE England on a single average white-collar salary is just a lazy wastrel.

You whipper snappers don't know how easy you have it. Back in myyyyyy day

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Markets were generally rising yesterday. This is just a trading algorithm that buys or sells for investment firms depending on lots of things. A 2.9% rise in a big firms stock is nothing out of the ordinary.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Labour not even close to getting half of lost tory seats so far is a big fat lmao

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

fuctifino posted:

Keith looks so happy. This is the photo currently on the front page of the BBC

lmao at the state of westminster. A treadmill of grift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So what's this John Swinney like then? Good egg?