Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FauxLeather posted:

What's the Helldivers 2 randoms experience like at the moment? I'll likely never play the game mic'd up with anyone since my pals aren't interested in the game, so I'm just keen to know what the median experience with pubbies is like. Probably a silly question but I'm so used to toxicity and sweating and griefing being a constant for all multiplayer titles, even the PvE ones.

I haven’t had any issues with pubs, plenty of accidental friendly fire but that’s just helldivers, never seen any intentional toxicity. most matches have minimal communication besides map pings and hugging at extraction. some people in the thread have reported cases of tryhards demanding a meta, intentional teamkilling, kicking at extract, etc so your mileage may vary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Looking forward to execs trying to understand the popularity of helldivers 2 before concluding something like “gamers love the flexibility of the battlepass”

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I said come in! posted:

that goon that intentionally doxxed themselves with avatar purchases and tried to land the blame on another goon lol.

you’re still gonna have to be more specific lmao

these forums rule

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Holy poo poo there is more than one???? It was Boba Pearl. lmao what is the other instance of this happening?

some plague rats was also caught buying gross titles and blaming others for it lmao

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DS4 and dualsense are both very nice and comfy, I slightly prefer the dualsense but not so much that I’d pay the extra for it over a DS4 if you’re buying one specifically for PC games

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I would like to share this image I saw while scrolling through the switch eshop thank you

be not afraid

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Ever notice the people mad about cheating on online games are always better than the cheaters? Cheaters just want the good feelings of victory, just like good players. Cheaters don't deserve to feel bad just because they aren't good at the game.

Hate the game not the cheating players.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Good news: I cut down the RCE vulnerabilities with my katana in the EAC-protected Hunt: Showdown. you can resume your matches in your game of choice, safe from harm.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Thank you for the suggestion but these are 3 and a half to 4 hours long.

The skill up youtube channel has a weekly series which is somewhat annoying but not intolerable. the videos are around 25 minutes

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vermain posted:

she's a bit flat in her delivery, especially for a character that i expect a lot more sassiness from

I only played the remake but I thought her VA was unremarkably fine until I got to a part in separate ways where she tries to do some of Leon’s flavor of corny one liners but just doesn’t sell it at all

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this but my 360 controller crapped out and now I need a new controller for PC because I can't play elden ring with keyboard. AC6 yes great, but elden ring has too many buttons.

But, I didn't enormously like the 360 controller, found it quite uncomfortable, are there any suggestions for good PC controllers for playing console games with?

Dualshock 4 and dualsense are both good, I very slightly prefer the feel of the dualsense but it’s a lot more expensive so just grabbing a DS4 is cost effective

Obligatory disclaimer that support for playstation controllers is much more hit or miss for PC games, so sometimes you’ll have to live with xbox button prompts.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

haveblue posted:

Same, I tend to feel that scenarios where you have to win through information you gain only by failing are unfair. It should be at least theoretically possible to one-shot anything by observation rather than luck

I agree, but I also think retrying something should waste as little of your time as possible and I wish super meat boy’s approach of reloading the level less than a second after you lose was way more common because it really does a lot to make repeated attempts less annoying.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dragon’s pogma.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I normally play everything on normal my first time but when I played alan wake 1 in preparation for 2 I did easy and didn't regret it, there's basically nothing of value in its gameplay worth seeing at this point which would be improved by its repetitive encounters taking longer

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

dumb poo poo only matters the first time you do it, every time after that you’re supposed to get a free pass

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

when I tried overwatch the only fun I had with it was the mode that switched everyone to random classes every life, or convincing everyone on the team to pick the same character in the main mode

the next week they deleted the randomizer mode and I later learned they removed the ability to have more than one of the same class on the team lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I couldn’t believe how much I enjoyed pentiment, just a singular brilliant game in every way