Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mr Hootington posted:

People who cheat in multiplayer games shpuld have their hands cut off.

What if they're cheating at DDR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I've been trying to fund some sort of podcast or YouTube channel that does a rundown of gaming news like announcements, new games, or general non-culture war video game topics. This has lead me to try the podcast "Get Played".

"Get Played" is not good. The search continues.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

stev posted:

Drawn and quartered

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

stev posted:

DDR is its own punishment

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I splurged on a 4 TB SSD so uninstalling games is postponed for now. I also got the new Prince of Persia along with it :agesilaus:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Good news: I cut down the RCE vulnerabilities with my katana in the EAC-protected Hunt: Showdown. you can resume your matches in your game of choice, safe from harm.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Heh, Im simply bad at games and do not play online in fear of being crushed repeatedly and mocked in chat :agesilaus:

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Muscle Tracer posted:

Anticheat is art

lmao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I've been trying to fund some sort of podcast or YouTube channel that does a rundown of gaming news like announcements, new games, or general non-culture war video game topics. This has lead me to try the podcast "Get Played".

Castle Superbeast has a weekly podcast and they have a news section

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Muscle Tracer posted:

Anticheat is art

What if cheating itself was art.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Am I understanding correctly that they took over his controls and then gave him (themselves) a wallhack?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

TuxedoOrca posted:

Games are Monet's Water Lillies
Anticheat is the Christie's auction house
Cheting is Duchamp's Fountain

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shard posted:

Castle Superbeast has a weekly podcast and they have a news section

Thank you for the suggestion but these are 3 and a half to 4 hours long.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Owl Inspector posted:

Good news: I cut down the RCE vulnerabilities with my katana in the EAC-protected Hunt: Showdown. you can resume your matches in your game of choice, safe from harm.

Thank you for your service

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

The skill up youtube channel has a weekly series which is somewhat annoying but not intolerable. the videos are around 25 minutes

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mr Hootington posted:

It's tough because you're having to find the balance between people who are angry youtube men and jaded old games media people who constantly bring up how experienced they are at talking about videogames are desperate to demonstrate that they understand business realities while talking about how they wish mass layoffs weren't happening.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Owl Inspector posted:

The skill up youtube channel has a weekly series which is somewhat annoying but not intolerable. the videos are around 25 minutes

Thank you! I will check this out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They’re making a new Fatal Fury game apparently

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...sh-and-/.208863

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah they announced it like a year and a half ago.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Being lazy and crossposting the character trailers from the FG thread

Terry does not say the line in English or Japanese when he uses Buster Wolf so I must unfortunately declare the game trash.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I know it's great.

I picked up dead space remake and resident evil 4 remake. I've heard good things and they are real cheap on the steam sale

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked RE4make a lot though the original was definitely the better game imo

DS remake is weird because it's so faithful that I kind of question why it was made, but I'm fine recommending playing it over the original game just because of how similar it is.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Being lazy and crossposting the character trailers from the FG thread

Terry does not say the line in English or Japanese when he uses Buster Wolf so I must unfortunately declare the game trash.

the thumbnails... the bird person is Tizoc in one and Griffon Mask in another?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the weird thing about RE4make was finding out that everyone really hated Ada's VO. though apparently she's much worse in Separate Ways which I did not play.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the weird thing about RE4make was finding out that everyone really hated Ada's VO. though apparently she's much worse in Separate Ways which I did not play.

she's a bit flat in her delivery, especially for a character that i expect a lot more sassiness from

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vermain posted:

she's a bit flat in her delivery, especially for a character that i expect a lot more sassiness from

I actually kind of read it as really droll which worked for me as a "operative" type, but yeah. didn't have too many strong feelings about any other Ada VO.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i also need to finish RE1Make at some point but the same thing happens. i get a bit into the mansion, play something else, and then i load RE1 and forget what I was doing and where I wanted to go and lose impetus to play on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

DS remake is weird because it's so faithful that I kind of question why it was made, but I'm fine recommending playing it over the original game just because of how similar it is.

It's not actually that faithful. It doesn't change up the moment-to-moment gameplay the way RE4 does, but there are a decent number of all-new encounters, and having all the levels be present in the same space adds something pervasive to the whole experience

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 18, 2024

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's kind of in a weird medium where it's like, faithful enough that I question why it was made even if it does add some new stuff.

probably the "best" thing is shortening some of the more rear end encounters in the original game but idk.

anyway Dead Space 2 is not a game that needs to be remade and I just want that remastered so I can play it on my console as good as it plays on PC. that game was made on an absolutely gigantic budget and it shows, it's one of the best looking games of that entire generation.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
With ToTK, do people generally keep the mini map on or do you go advanced HUD?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vermain posted:

I only played the remake but I thought her VA was unremarkably fine until I got to a part in separate ways where she tries to do some of Leon’s flavor of corny one liners but just doesn’t sell it at all

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Have you considered running this thread through some kind of text to speech program

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Latest gaming news: games may be art

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Big if true.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

With ToTK, do people generally keep the mini map on or do you go advanced HUD?

I kept it on most of the time, useful to keep on track when hunting down specific things, it's usually not like you just walk there like it's Skyrim, you still get to figure out how to get to whatever it is you're looking for. I did turn it off when I wasn't pursuing any specific goal, just roaming around seeing what pops up and making weird contraptions. I feel like you're already looking at the game so much that hiding the UI isn't that much of a change, at least on a normal decent sized monitor. Brain tunes it out when I'm not looking at it and they kept it relatively minimal.

If they could work the minimap into the game world somehow, Navi or something, then I don't think they'd even need to have a UI until you hit pause. Trying to remember what all they had on there that wasn't apparent in the game world and minimal is the only thing I can think of. Temperature and time are visible by how it looks outside and if Link is sweating or shivering. I guess ammo counts aren't really visible on Link.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

the thumbnails... the bird person is Tizoc in one and Griffon Mask in another?
Japanese name vs localized name

There's a character in the original Mark.of the Wolves whose name changes from Marco Rodriguez to Khushnood Butt in the localization. And I assume he'll be back for the sequel

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Japanese name vs localized name

There's a character in the original Mark.of the Wolves whose name changes from Marco Rodriguez to Khushnood Butt in the localization. And I assume he'll be back for the sequel

Ahhh! I see. Like Melinda de Cameron/Melinda Megamelons

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

TuxedoOrca posted:

Art is a conversation, and the conversation between cheat and anticheat is itself art.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah they announced it like a year and a half ago.

True but now we have a look at the actual gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Do androids dream of an anti-cheat?