Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
you stupid baka it's hikkari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
The past, the present, and the future daughter

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

IndestructibleCat posted:

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

I personally hate this because it's also entirely plausible* given how often the games industry just screws over people with regards to proper credits. Didn't work on the game right as it launched? Get hosed idiot.

*not in this specific case

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Les Enfants Terribles...

Once you recognize the secret reason for his double life, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds...

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cholifut posted:

Has anyone mentioned the dude who showed up maybe four years ago, claiming to be Id's brother, in his movie server to call him out on all his poo poo? Saying where he really lived, with his parents, no kids.
I was already tuned out by that point so I don't recall.

LOL WHAT

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
No the Dark Id is clearly Vergil

If you want it, you'll have to fake it... but you already knew that

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'll be nice and not name who it was

How magnanimous of me

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

hikki is a shortening of hikikomori. basically someone who never leaves their room, often used half-jokingly by nerds to refer to themselves. ari is the japanese word for ant.

So you're telling me there's still a chance for the 50 Foot Ant reveal

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sagabal posted:

tried looking this up and haven't found it yet but did find a lesser goonlol

Oh look it's Screaming Idiot

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tamriel rebuilt is cool recommend checking out warlockracy's video on it unless warlockracy is the dark id then dont

I've been watching the Josh Strife playthrough as the Lusty Argonian Maid, Morrowind is so hot right now

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thank you for your service FrankRizzo69420

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

RC Cola posted:

Are you sure you're not dark id?

I'm dark id

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

i google ryan kelly north carolina because im sick and twisted but everyone i got has had jobs in the last 10 years and the ages dont line up.

Don't you get it? He's off the grid in his parent's spare bedroom

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm calling Yoko Taro right now and finding out if a "Ryan Kelly" ever did localization for Nier

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Ryan you worthless piece of poo poo you killed loving screechy

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

lobster shirt posted:

its not unprecedented, george foreman named all of his sons george foreman. it could be a situation like that.

In Legend of Korra, Aang names one of his kids Bumi and then he ends up looking and sounding and acting just like Bumi

It's like poetry, it Ryans

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cybernemic posted:

This is how I need to live my life. Stumbling and lying to everybody I’ve ever known for exactly $30 monthly and no actionable clout

You are cringe... but you are free

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Ah no wait I get it

He's THE DARK ID you see

And there's two Ryans, but there's really only one yelling at himself.... The Dark Id

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
When are we getting to the point in the story where chu-chu and friends get crucified

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

its the same length as the taylor swift tvtropes page

Ok but what about the girth

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
part FF7, part Xenogears, all early 2000s

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

People are made of meat, beef is a type of meat, cancer is your own meat killing you slowly, slowbeef therefore is cancer

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
He's been dead all along

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

fun hater posted:

why oh why didnt i use my badass merc body to take the stairs

Triggered by the climb up Shinra tower

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

The one thing I'll say is that at least it's a form of narcissism that doesn't seem to involve making insane accusations about other people (particularly other 'content creators'), which is what you often see within these insular Internet communities. It was evidently more about one-upping and making everything about him, and somehow there were plenty of gullible people willing to believe it.

Oh your dog broke its leg, well my CIA-trained ninja dog was poisoned by the Russians

TBF he did kinda go weirdly nuclear on speedball, according to them

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

DaysBefore posted:

Yes you should play Tamriel Rebuilt. Also Skyrim: Home of the Nords which is very cool but I think dead? WHatever, what they put out so far is good

I went and watched both the Tamriel Rebuilt and the Skyrim: Home of the Nords videos by warlockracy as Butt-Head suggested and yup they were good videos

Do I install all this mumbo jumbo now and actually play Morrowind? Y/N

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Saw this posted on reddit lol

> Like honestly, it makes a event in retrospect feel like the real him breaking through. I woke up one morning to find disarray as one long term member had discussed feeling suicidal and his post was to tell them how to correctly position the gun. Lots of WTF from people, the poster left, and he claimed it was the angry depressed girlfriend of his dead daughter who posted it in the account he left logged on. According to him it was something he said to her dad before his failed suicide that he had to mercy kill.

No idea when this might have happened but anyone who stayed and still believed him AFTER THIS is as much of a monster as he is

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

I simply choose not to play Assassin's Creed.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

there's a bit in kingdom hearts 2 where you fight the hydra and the millisecond he's stunned phil starts shouting GET UP ON THE HYDRAS BACK over and over again with no pause

do something like that

What about the one horrible, eldritch entity, that every person on planet earth complained about back in the day: Navi

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
In the extremely racist village of RE5, they employed a fairly nuanced map design by draping animal skins, cloth, and other similar models and textures, along platform edges that you could jump from to reach other areas.

Whenever the yellow paint discussion comes up, it just brings to mind that if Capcom can successfully do this in their extremely racist village, then other game companies can too.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

cant you just include a button to press that points an arrow where you need to go

people can press it or not press it
problem solved

Just a note that 1) an arrow pointing in a direction is called a compass and 2) these suck in 3D environments because the arrow doesn't tell you anything about how to get to the destination, just the direction you need to head in, which is almost never linear

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

next resident evil to be set in the UK with the way forward marked by a trail of racist eggs

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

the moment in gaming when i realized the occasional signpost may be something i desire

I'm sorry this is where you got permanently stuck and unable to complete the original FF7. Game gets real good after this part.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

sorry my materia slots are full with the "shitposting" and "navel-gazing" materias

ff8 is better

FFX is best but I have a feeling most people got stuck on the Thunder Plains because they couldn't see all the signposts due to the astraphobia probably

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Knowing nothing about Metroid I would have assumed I needed to walk into the glowing door area and transverse behind the walls up to the next level, where I would exit out of the same glowing door above.

And when that doesn't work I would have shot it.

Learning a puzzle by seeing it happen first, even accidentally, is a fundamental aspect of game design.

Also yuck this dude has to be like "I love Nintendo and I worship at the alter of Miyamoto as most designers do." Sure pal

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

absolutely incredible

Bet that this journo thought "head in the sand" was a masterful double entandre

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
You gotta hand it to em, they understand the importance of gaming

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
You've heard of Arab Spring, now get ready for Mario Party Summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the thing is i get that some people, because of taste, will see a game that's like "go wherever you want" and get kind of overwhelmed in an unenjoyable way but i don't know how you get from there to "the Japanese hate disabled people"

it's because they are taking every perceived slight personally, op