Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Do you think that TDI ever said "Let's play" just before breaking a guys neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Did he ever say what cancer he had or did he just do the usual attention grifter thing of just "cancer ... What's it matter what kind it is? gently caress it."?

Like overall I could really give a poo poo about his having a discord where he puffs himself up with stupid stories or whatever but the very loving notion that he has mere hours to live and is on his loving discord chattin' away casually about it infuriates me when I think back to my own multiple relatives who have died to cancer and how completely non-functional they were during the last few weeks of their lives. Chatting online would have been a bridge too far and here's this valor stealing dipshit being like "keep on lovin' this poo poo after im gone....."

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

FutureFriend posted:

it was bc he was in deltaforce. check the tvtropes page

Yeah he would be exactly the person to see through that bullshit

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You can hear the phlegm

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mordiceius posted:

to be completely sincere on the subject - stuff like BotW is something I want to like. Twice now I've tried to make it through the game but I always just burn out. And that is wholly on me because I feel like BotW (and especially TotK) require some creativity on the part of the player. Every time I see someone gush about those games, they talk about all of the creative hijinks they get into.

I am not a creative person. Just like some people struggle with directions, I struggle with sandboxy "make your own fun" games

This is why I tend to stick to fairly linear narratively-dense RPGs.

My friend has a similar complaint about not being creative, which is why he doesn't like BotW, and why he won't play DND because he can't think up characters. Too much freedom scares people I guess

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What’s the gamer word.

The N Word (Nintendo)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Dongicus posted:

something really gay is happening. well bye

gay things are always happening.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

chrono crosses soundtrack may kick rear end but it has a very bad battle theme so it cancels out

I like it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Starkey demonstrates that little blue Olimar-style space travelers exist in the Chronoverse so it is theoretically possible that they have done battle with a Lavos-style alien being

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Al! posted:

yall ever play bahamut lagoon

I played the first few hours of it using one of the early 2000s fan translations that seemed to interpret the old sage guy in your party as a pederast who is very horny for the main character and I still don't know if that was intentional or not but I have not touched it since

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Everybody compares Radiant Historia to Chrono Trigger but that's really unfair because the only thing it truly has in common with it is 1) being an RPG and B. Time travel. It's really quite good on its own merits and has a fun battle system

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Actually it's Dragon Quest 7. I will not be explaining further, so don't ask.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

EasilyConfused posted:

You mean VII??? Fake gamer spotted!

I don't acknowledge the Romans.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Legaia? More like lay a guy

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Same.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

pandy fackler posted:

how da gently caress did anybody have time for that. even if i broke up my relationship and quit my job i wouldn't have time for that

What if you never had either of those to begin with...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Who's that?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cranappleberry posted:

fae don't exist

Tired of all this faecism...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Why the random Hindu flavor on that elf man? Why is he holding his sword by the blade?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

If there was a Poy Poy scene it consisted of me and 2 of my friends at school because we're the only people who bought that game

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Vegetarian... Getting a woke vibe from what I'm reading about this guy

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ilmucche posted:

Misterbibs was right that the vvitch was a terrible movie. I watched it with a non-native English speaker and they couldn't understand what anyone was saying.

I'm a native English speaker and I could only get about half of it. The dad guy's voice was just bass and vocal fry, I'm not even sure he was using words at all

Weak

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Al! posted:

name the best jrpg

My favorite is EarthBound. Best though? Probably DQ11

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Tales of Destiny II. Baiba

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cranappleberry posted:

seriously tho saga frontier 2 is underrated

It's very pretty but I couldn't wrap my head around it and I love SF

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter is a very underrated RPG I think

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Xenoblade is one of those series I am never going to understand the love for. I bought the original at launch and tried four separate times to play it before it finally clicked for me, I got all the way to Mechonis and the twist where your sword is evil or something it's been like 10 years since I played it and I dropped it like a rock because I hadn't been enjoying the game since the Fallen Hand area. I tried playing XBCX and got about two hours in and took it back to GameStop the same day

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I remember liking Phantasy Star IV as a kid but idk how well it holds up

It's still good

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Been playing Link Between Worlds before bed and I'm amazed this hasn't been ported to Switch

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've really come around on the 3DS. I got one in like 2012 and I don't think I bought any actual 3DS games until SMT4 (actually the first thing I played on it was Glory of Heracles, lol.) I loved the original DS a lot so I mostly just kept playing those games. But now with the full 3DS library out I've been hitting some of the stuff I missed and I'm like oh a lot of these are actually pretty great games. All the Kirby games are fantastic, Mario 3D Land is surprisingly robust, Starfox 3D whips rear end, and the DQ7 remake is probably my favorite DQ game

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Snow Cone Capone posted:

3ds owns because it's super easy to mod and the 2nd generation of systems (N3DS, N2DS, N3DS) are fast enough to emulate Playstation games

You can also wrap any old rom in the Virtual Console interface and have a fancy icon for specific old games instead of launching an emulator and doing it through there

I really need to just bite the bullet and mod mine, I've been running on official software for too long

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

chibisoma is the maniac who kept playing games on an old controller and got infuriated when a game didnt support it and even refused a dev offer to send him a new controller lol

It was some piece of poo poo $20 wal mart thing wasn't it? Like bad even by the standards of its own day

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yeah my anime tolerance is very low, esp fanservicey stuff

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rea posted:

One of those old Logitech PC controllers, I think.

This one is "newer" and has 360-colored buttons but the basic design is the same. I definitely remember having one of these pieces of poo poo back in, like, 2005, and playing Mega Man and Sonic fangames with it when I was 9.

This is the one that was used to control that submarine that imploded I think

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is there any way to play Sly Cooper 4 besides PS3?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Violen posted:

they called him chadley

Chudley.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
$6.99. You can't even get a decent roast beef sandwich for that price.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Runa posted:

MAI pisses him off so much it's perfect

He fuckin made her!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nicest guy you've ever met... And twisted loving psychopath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU