Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i am always weirded out by personal discord servers. like ive been in a few "group of friends" discord servers but not the ones that are like specifically "for" a certain person

wormskull's server is quite based actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this may be the funniest thing that has happened on the forums

Twisty seeing a Halloween party advertised on Facebook and showing up not only being the only white person there but the only person in costume (Roman soldier) has entered the chat

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

holy poo poo it went deeper

Me while reading the Strongbad Wiki

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Al! posted:

one of the funniest overlooked parts is that he apparently planned to continue running the discord as a teenage japanese runaway

Tokyo Modfathers

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

disposablewords posted:

This is just the kind of canon you get when a story's gone on too long and the writer has to up the stakes without really knowing how to also keep it from spiraling out.

You mean every show from the last 15 years? :smugdog:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leal posted:

The real question is, did his PS2 actually die or did he make that up too?

My launch day ps2 still works so probably not

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leal posted:

Just randomly thought about how he would poke fun at Resident Evil for how Jill was in Delta Force in her early 20s and laughing with all the stories he came up with

No one talks poo poo about Jill and gets away with it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You just reminded me I made a blusky on like Christmas eve and immediately forgot about it. 2 followers tho sick

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Violen posted:

this is the second time ive come back from a week-long gaming bender to post about how badass nocturne's true demon ending is or whatever to find 5000 new posts across a goldmined thread and reboot and the first time was spr lol

blessed life

orange you glad you did all the kalpas

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Violen posted:

having lucifer completely overwhelm the screen as that boss theme hits and the kagutsuchi icon has DEAD splayed over it then he lightly flexes his finger 4 times and kills two of your demons is without question the sickest poo poo to ever happen in a jrpg final boss fight

the freikugel wind up animation landing a 3k+ crit on him is so satisfying

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

#goals

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol the cad thread went from making fun of loss.jpg to posting pictures of buckley's house and blaming him for his dog dying

remember when making fun of the Star Citizen forum was met with 4 dozen ppl asking how much you pledged?

weird rear end times on these forums

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the lore is that lowtax thought the whole star citizen thing was funny so decreed that the star citizen forum and derek smart being mod that was meant to be temporary and just a joke be permanent and that derek smart could not be removed which led to the star citizen forum turning into a doxxing forum

still true to this day. concern trolls ruined this place

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dongicus posted:

they somehow made han joongi even more autistic

He was the most OP party member. Bro was taking 2 turns every round

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Haruka's dance battles in 5 were awesome but I was also kind of hoping to kick ppls rear end with her, legend style

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I was always undecided if having to do the same two songs over and over again was annoying, or a realistic depiction of what show business probably involves

I swear there were more songs to do just running around town challenging random people to a dance battle. Why they kept using the same 2 for the story beats sure was a Decision

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Haruka defeated an Amon family member in a dance battle without ever raising a hand to her, making her canonically the strongest character in Yakuza

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cranappleberry posted:

wth is yellow paint? like, quest markers and trails? color blind or other accessability stuff?

ik accessability is an issue, ive dealt with it myself but what. legit never heard that term.

It's to mark where your character can climb. I never had an issue with it since most games that have something like that implemented are a chore to navigate as is, and anything that makes it easier for me to bypass trial & error is A+ in my book

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Like do you really want to spend even more time trying to reach a cliff in Assassin's Creed or Horizon or whatever. Who cares

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah I prefer Xenoblade 1 and 2s system of look for an objective for 30 minutes and then give up and hope the quest isn’t important.

lol gently caress, you just unlocked a memory for me

I 100% completed Xenoblade 1, all sidequests, max affinities, etc. On the drat 3ds version

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm just built different.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Al! posted:

i watched enough giant bomb quick looks to know that they over tutorialize because games journalists are retarded

The Cuphead guy lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

That was the only 3DS game I owned that would hard crash.

I never had it crash on me, but the Binding of Isaac port constantly hard crashed. It was a bummer too bc at the time it was my favorite version

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I prefer more linear games than pure open world for that reason tbh. Like give me a few detailed maps with a dense concentration of things to do in it over basically anything Bethesda

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can also get lost in games like Witcher 3 or modern Zelda games too but that's because they have other things that keep my interest longer

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

cardinale posted:

haha me too

why

The novelty of playing such a massive game on a 3ds was cool to me

Same reason why I'm always tempted to get Witcher 3 on switch whenever it's on sale

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Farg posted:

man....xenoblade 3 loving owned

Eunie ftmfw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Farg posted:

agreed. its non-canon. and she has a whole scene where she talks about how it gets in the way when she shits

lmao, true

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

C&C was the peak of my RTS skills since there was minimal to no micro involved. Could never get into Starcraft bc of that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leal posted:

lmao they paid yongyea to be kiryu

I think his youtubes are fine but hearing him sing as Kiryu and it's literally just his voice is lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

emongg should voice kiryu

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

pacific drive is really cool but i wont keep playing it because its almost like playing a life sim to me, minus the paranormal. living in the pnw near the olympic national park and playing this game just made me wanna go outside for a hike and then i went hiking and went, hmm, this game could use a tree octopus or three

It looks cool but I can't play scary games due to being too insanely based.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I should play Control one of these days. I started it years ago and liked what I saw, then Yakuza sidetracked me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ArfJason posted:

im like 3 hours in. its so fuckin cool but what the hell are Destiny style Generative Loot Missions doing in this game lol

you playing with controller or kbm? I have a hard time choosing when it's 3rd person

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bladededge posted:

How's gwent compared to triple triad, will I also be tricked into spending 50 hours in the starting area just to see what endgame magic and gear I can get before the plot starts?

Nope. You can only miss 1 card through a dialogue option late in the game, plus

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Wouldn't mind a few rounds of cards. Gwent, specifically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChasT9ZWck

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

my favourite thing is that it makes people out themselves as having terrible taste (by admitting to choosing triss)

this.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's also the plot to Life is Strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

any time i see this i always wonder what the original line was