Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Endorph posted:

she was born in 2009. she turned 14 in 2015. she turned 14 in 2016. she died at age 15 in 2019.

so you do the math

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

uh please don’t speak ill of the dead? Jesus goons

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Runa posted:

did you at least bring a present

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he may have also created and been the sole editor of his own tvtropes page and its longer than most pages on the website

badass

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Junpei posted:

seriously how much of a narcissist do you have to be to do all of this

it's his loving job. how dare you

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

what show is this

steven universe

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Sam Sanskrit posted:

I believe he was "trapped in a non-powered elevator" when his daughter was "dying"

He was still tweeting though.

holy shitttt

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And he turned into Huey Emmerich from Metal Gear Solid V

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I've not heard even a second of the Sekiro dub. I'm getting sick just imagining it.

It’s good op. hell I’ll play it dubbed again just for kicks :twisted:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Leal posted:

DSP ---> <---- Vtuber

effortless. a true king

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Akira Toriyama is loving DEAD

wtf :(

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

honestly shocked a great ibram gaunt shitpost is how i find out...

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I am genuinely terribly saddened by Toriyama's passing lol

yeah seriously, honestly kind of embarrassed about it, dude was a goat

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Fortaleza posted:

iirc super saiyans are blonde precisely so that Toriyama didn't have to keep inking in all that hair lol

sorta - he didn't pick blonde exactly, that was actually the anime iirc lol. you have one episode where it's a pretty glowing gold, and the very next has it blonde and not glowing.

toriyama ftw. never brought cell back bc he was a pain in the rear end to draw

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's worth it for RA2 alone, which is what I bought it for

ra2 is one of my fave games ever. it's so loving good

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

freeza is a little gay bitch and i respect that

yep

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Fajita Queen posted:

Tricking the fae into metaphysically stealing my dick and balls so I don't have to go through the surgery,

a fairy tricking the fae???

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I thought the dnd podcast thing was critical role and orion acaba was the one removed because he was being creepy and exist

i foolishly watched critical role from the start and orion's last few episodes are.. ..

i would not recommend watching critical role from the start.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I found it.

pog boyfriend posted:

how is your boxing day so far skarsnik,

what did he know....?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also i think i found the least well aged quote in the history of old game magazines

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

I think tabletop games need to be turn based just bc it more accurately reflects the underlying build system.

I think Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire is the best crpg, under rtwp.

These are the correct opinions. Rtwp vs turn based is a bad discussion if you can’t decouple it from the underlying system design. Also in general bc I solved it. Sorry i woke up too early today

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Deadfire's Turnbased was too slow for me. I like how WOTR let you change it on the fly.

there’s a mod that halves all hp in turn based. I hear that helps.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Stux posted:

having to wait for each enemy turn is a fair trade off vs "the game is not fun to play"

have i got news for you about bg3 after a single run..

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Paladinus posted:

Me, pressing space bar fifty times in a row at the bpm of an average brutal death metal song to catch the right moment to queue another Lay on Hands between attack animations: This gameplay really allows me to think tactically.

simply program the AI to lay on hands when needed, alternatively, set the auto pause on for the condition you’d want to lay on hands for. or both. skill issue

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Stux posted:

i love roguelikes and drpgs, youre not going to be able to flip me on turn based rpg gameplay im afirad

i love roguelikes too though. again diff design space

Paladinus posted:

Then I have to press space bar every half a second just to move things forward.

adjust your triggers accordingly! or set combat speed to fast and just press the spacebar, in that case you’re getting your turn based wishes anyway, so you should be happy!!

I maybe am radicalized by people not loving deadfire into being rabidly pro rtwp. if so I am (not) sorry.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Paladinus posted:

I simply played the best CRPG of this century, PoE2, with turn-based combat. Tyranny was the best implementation of RTwP in ages thanks to having not too many obligatory fights and more focus on your archetypes/builds/party than micromanaging buffs. I didn't particularly enjoy the combat most of the time anyway, but at least it didn't annoy me like in some older games.

yeah I’d never recommend the IE games anymore in 2024. and you have correct crpg opinions. so I will tone it down realizing you are in fact an Ally,

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

TheMightyBoops posted:

I’ve mentioned this somewhere before but the Moonstone Cannon animation in Skies of Arcadia was long enough for me to prepare 2 hotdogs and add condiments on a George Foreman grill and be back in my seat by the time it ended.

lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

LazyMaybe posted:

the issues that many old crpgs have with being unfun aren't because of rtwp. FTL being one of the best games ever made should be enough evidence for anyone that rtwp can be fun

yeah it really always boils down to the design(s) itself vs turn based or rtwp. we’ve been sold on a false dichotomy … where’s that “what the establishment truly fears” meme

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

I had a coworker where I worked in college who complained he really wanted to watch the Wire but couldn’t understand what anyone was saying.

genuinely one of the strangest interactions I’ve ever had. Anyway that’s what I assume vvitch haters are like

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i'd love 2 play chrono trigger but i hate jrpgs with rtwp too much.. drat..

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

real time with pause. im referencing a convo from pages ago in a light hearted but passive aggressive way because the idea came to me in a dream

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

rodbeard posted:

Yeah but the battle system would work way better if it was turn based and you could actually position your party members

w
what

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

never played a bioware game. never will. simple as

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I played the first Mass Effect for like 2 hours and 90% of it was spent in the first hub area talking to everyone and it bored the poo poo out of me

yep. tried multiple times but that boring rear end area killed my interest each time

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

I’m not gonna pretend Dragonball is great with its women representation but ChiChi training Goten well enough he goes super saiyan kicked rear end. Also Bulma is canonically the most powerful. Thanks for reading

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

goku teaching caulifla new super saiyan levels like an rpg ftmfw

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Endorph posted:

bocchi the rock ftw

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

The Kins posted:

tfw your greyhound comes last and you realize you can't afford your daughter's chemo anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

thinking jrpgs never actually address and explore societal ills in a satisfying way is a self report