Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tarnop posted:

It's nice that my deteriorating reaction speed isn't an impediment to gaming. I can also have a nice sip of tea during enemy turns, or maybe pet my cat

Casting a summon in a JRPG and leaving the long animation on so you can mix a drink and get some snacks ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I liked the Pixel Remasters. I know people get very angry at the font but I can't concern myself that much with kerning.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Dragon Quest foldouts were all top tier. Pictures of all the gears and monsters (RIP Toriyama), big world map, all a good size. Plus the instruction manual came with like a gamefaqs walkthrough for the few few dungeons, lol.

e:

Bicyclops has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Mar 12, 2024

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Old PC game manuals kicked rear end. I used to read the Baldur's Gate II and Civ II manuals for fun lol

Bringing the Civ tech tree foldout to class and just kind of staring it because staying up until 4 AM playing it wasn't enough, lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

like years and years ago i got a complete set of Wing Commander games on ebay for like $20 and they had all the documentation including poo poo like blueprints, and ship magazines written in-universe. it was sick

Right when Skyrim first came out, Amazon had a sale where you could buy all 5 Elder Scrolls games for $15 very briefly, like in a nice case that came with all the maps. I think most of the discs just kicked off installing the games through Steam but it was fun to convince myself I was going to play Arena for a couple of hours.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Heath posted:

Been playing Link Between Worlds before bed and I'm amazed this hasn't been ported to Switch

It was awesome having a brief period of time when you could play every Zelda game as long as you had both a 3DS and a Wii U. I hope they port more over to the Switch, there's really no reason it can't handle stuff like the Windwaker sequels.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aside from being a stupid douchebag, did tallarico do something else to get all the scorn and derision?

I think it's just his scam artist persona. Like, they keep telling us that new Intellivision is coming any day now, half the games he says that he worked on, he had no part in, etc.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They could (and should) have anyway, plenty of Italians in Boston

We trapped them all in the East near the airport. Those ghouls the Brotherhood makes you fight are the gabbaghouls.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

Tommy T listing each port of a game he worked on as separate individual games along with demo disks to acquire the Guinness World Record for most games worked on by a single person ftw

it's like 2

Games worked on:

-Donkey Kong (arcade)
-Donkey Kong (Colecovision)
-Donkey Kong (Atari)
-Donkey Kong (Intellivision)
-Donkey Kong (the individual eight-way joystick arcade cabinet that Billy Mitchell played on)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think I'm coming around to the idea that anybody who wants to be included under any entry in The Guinness Book of World Records is also willing to cheat to do it, lol.

e: just seeing that Charles Martinet was included and rescinding.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"This whole thing smacks of gender," I say, as I overturn Erik's fun sized forge and turn Dragon Quest XI into Dragon Quest poo poo.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

copy posted:

bitch style of post

The same poster ate a sixer for being horny at the cop they were trying to demean, lmao:

StrangersInTheNight posted:

gently caress poo poo I posted that in the wrong thread, where's the video of the cops loving with the indigenous folks and get thrown off their land and the one cop just glares and shakes her head? it's like, you'd be so hot, if you weren't a goddamn cop

schad's on me for looking insane

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I haven't seen Dragon Ball Z but Toriyama designed Flea from Chrono Trigger.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Altruistic Duwang Teens Right Wrongs back when DU was airing was the best one of those. I like VEGETA though

Thanks, Hitlersaurus.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stux posted:

lol the video theyre responding to where bulma is dressed super hot is this

:dafuq:

lol at how often goons saying "they're sexuizinf this character" is someone telling in themselves a out what makes them horny

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you're posting on something awful dot com, with Jeffrey (SFX: honk-shoo, honk-shoo) and the Koos (SFX: screeching prison door swings shut)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Paladinus posted:

E: Soundcloud is such poo poo, lol.

Top-notch Сasual Musik Promotion

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

kotaku writers have sucb strong banned goon vibes

Hilarious FF7 Mod Transforms Aerith, Tifa, And Yuffie Into Muscle Mommies

hehe, what a crazy mod, according to my calculations-

My favorite are all the articles from the pandemic that are all like "How Diablo 3 Taught Me That My Marriage was Over" lmao

e: this was actually way before the pandemic but I had forgotten that was almost literally the headline https://kotaku.com/how-diablo-iii-told-me-my-marriage-was-over-5964584

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What is this meme about? Bots trying to get around filters? Using the wrong character encoding? Bit of both?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055006

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its not even the first time a goon has had a weird meltdown about the the underaged characters in final fantasy 14 what is going on in there

Guess there are just a lot of people on this site we have to accept for their mediocre photography, even if their views are a little "out there."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't even remember how Cyberpunk 2077 ended, and I did all of the quests and everything. I just remember the double jump legs.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I drove off into the desert still looking for the cure to cyber AIDS

Good luck. But do you remember the Cyberpunk ending?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

BOSS: Hey guys, finished testing that game yet?
ME: Just need to tighten up the sluttiness on level 3

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

hmm, great minds

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I was looking to see if there were any cool mods for Pacific Drive (more radio songs please) and one of the top guides on Steam is about how to remove the completely optional lgbtq stickers you can put on your car, that the game gives you for free

gamers stay winning

Wasn't there a bunch of drama about a Nexus Oblivion mod that rebuilt Kvatch but also had a bunch of horny stuff in it and the creator melted down when people tried to strip the horny parts out and deleted it? I may be misremembering some of the details.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm sure it's happened multiple times in multiple contexts, but the Really Funny one I remember was the "Skyrim cities with no borders" guy melting down about people making patches to remove the oblivion gates that his mod also put into the cities, because ACCORDING TO LORE CANON the gates never disappeared so it doesn't make sense for them to not be in skyrim in the first place

I think that's the one I was thinking of, lol. I remember it happened right around the time I was replaying Oblivion and it was suddenly hard to find any of the mods I'd used because everything got splintered off by some kind of mod creator civil war.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

more falafel please posted:

every like 5 years this happens when a developer says "this is the most immersive world where literally anything is possible and we couldn't have done it without the superior immersive power of the emotion engineintel core duocell processorgood ram in the ps4ps5" and for whatever reason gamers slop that poo poo up and assume it's literally true. even when they don't say that! todd howard came out and said "hey yall we're making skyrim in space" and gamers were so disappointed that it didn't just let them gently caress the computer and instead was literally skyrim in space

This reminds me that Will Wright is still trying to hype up whatever this is and I feel like his communication team doesn't know what it is besides the weird napkin sketches that have been on the website for six years, lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cyberpunk 2077 feels like it was a good game that got rushed into being not as good, but I'll probably still play the next Witcher game.

After Fallout 4, I think I sort of gave up on Bethesda. I actually still enjoyed it, it's just that the Oblivion charm gets a little thinner with each of their releases, I don't have time to install a zillion mods to get a game to actually function, and it's clear they are never going to fix their creaky engine. I'll be happy if they have some kind of transcendent resurgence with ES6 but it just doesn't seem likely.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stux posted:

yeah its reallu annoying. also everyones gone insane and now games which are just sort of inoffensively mid are the worst thing ever made, or even worse itll try showing me poo poo about how elden ring actually sucks?? i never want to see any of it lol

Yeah, the hot takes, everything is either the best or the worst game ever made, "Nintendo MUST fix this one issue in the next Zelda game!!" clickbait stuff makes it all totally insufferable, because everyone in the space has to compete with that and end up writing their own version of it and trying to develop some weird persona. Even E3 got so dire and boring toward the end that it felt like a mercy-killing when it died. Just about the only ways that I enjoy interacting with video games anymore are playing them or posting about them in the Imp Zone.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I missed Morrowind and just assume it's the best in the series but that it's hard to go backwards with Bethesda games.

I think Oblivion is better than Skyrim, but I admittedly played Oblivion with mods and Skyrim without them. I think the jank/charm thing is right, but it's sort of hard to defend that, lol. I just know that I never did all of the quests in Skyrim, but I had a file in Oblivion where I finished everything and then went and sat on the Madness throne in the Shivering Isle before saving, and to be honest and to give it to Godd Howard, it was deeply satisfying in a way that few games since have been. If I had an absolute eternity and an ability to duplicate my mod set up, I'd do it again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like, Skyrim had a ton of intentional easter eggs, but a ton of the smaller quests felt like the joke quest in Oblivion where that guy in the Shivering Isles asks you to find 100 tongs, and the bugs, while funny, were not as funny as stuff like "Every file you have, at least one pair of Imperial Hunter guys accidentally shoot each other enough times that they get locked in an eternal battle of shooting arrows into each other's shields."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Antivehicular posted:

I love every video game bugfix that's like "it crashes the game when X does Y, and we couldn't figure out why, so we just made X stop doing Y, bing bong fixed"

lol it's the old "Doctor it hurts when I do this!" joke but for video games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's kind of like how Sam Mallone owned Cheers but couldn't drink because he is an alcoholic.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Oblivion is only better than Skyrim if its modded to take out the level scaling system.

That system sucks and makes it easy to build a character that just gets weaker and weaker throughout the game.

This is true but it was very easy to do. Well it would be except that once you install a leveling mod, you suddenly want the mod for house map markers, better UI, making the glass armor look a little less like it came from Nickelodeon's Aggro Craig, bigger elf bazongas, and so on until the number of mods makes everything even jankier, crazier, and more Oblivion.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

yeah it was an educational game to teach oil refinery engineers, thought lost for years and then some retired Chevron engineer found a copy out of nowhere

https://obscuritory.com/sim/when-simcity-got-serious/

https://obscuritory.com/sim/simrefinery-recovered/

lmfao

Mario Teaches GMP Compliance with QC Controls (required training, please contact your People Partner if you can't find the link)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I remember Sim Tower being cool, but I think it's hard to play on modern hardware. I got into Tiny Tower when it first released because it reminded me of a dumbed down version, lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This. Almost any Dragon Quest game would work probably but 11 is the best recommendation

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like the orchestral versions and i think everyone's favorite war criminal composer was basically always writing for a symphony more than for the chiptunes, like moreso than Nobuo Uematsu at least.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lulu is great and I dodged all 200 lightning bolts for her. I've never played X-2, I keep meaning to go back to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

dqxi is fun stuff. Just wrapped up octagonia. why are tournament arcs always so good

DQ tourneys are always awesome but I don't always love the Final Fantasy ones.