Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

George Sex - REAL posted:

Did DD1 have something like new game plus? I remember it had a significant post game, but could you replay the campaign with the same character?

Yes, you could restart and keep all your stuff. Which also included a cool surprise in offline mode when you re-fight the Seneschal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Preparing for the game to be ready for download, is this a reasonable version of Taxi-era Judd Hirsch? Kind of getting Gene Wilder vibes from him.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I like how you can see pawns' Arisens now when you're hiring them, so all the effort put into the player character doesn't go to waste, so to speak. (Also because now you can't hide your secret shame if you're playing as a default.)

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Where do I find Sebastian (blond noble boy) on the quest that tells you to head toward Melve? I've looked in the "search here" area on the map and in the town proper and can't find him anywhere, even tried waiting until nighttime to see if that was the trigger. Nothing has said he's dead or anything.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The way the grass goblins try to spring an ambush by kind of crouching a bit in the dirt is hilarious. One of them jumped down from a tree and actually hit me and it started dancing with joy, and I don't blame it one bit.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

When you're doing the mission where you tail the homeless guy and he leaves the bar at night, are you supposed to get forced into long, irrelevant conversations with passersby, so you lose track of him? Two attempts to complete this quest have been derailed by NPCs stopping me to babble about stuff and by the time I've buttoned thorough it, the guy is nowhere to be seen.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Drakes seem much tougher in this game than in the original, especially given that reviving your pawns takes time to complete instead of being instantaneous. Party-wide kill-everyone moves are harder to weather if you don't have the downtime to counteract them. Really makes me miss having a bow and dagger class for inside-outside play.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

Different combinations of materials result in different creations. :)

Simple male pawn voice is the best version of this line. He sounds so proud to share this useful tip with you!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Helm/Skull Splitter may have it beaten for availability, but Magick Archer's spam-a-thousand-bolts skill has been the most effective big-enemy killer. Griffins go from two health bars to dead in a single charged volley to the head. And I'm glad to see that Ricochet Hunter is still completely busted in caverns. Just blind fire a couple charged blasts down a suspicious hallway and watch the XP pile up. Magick Archer is so cool.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

koshmar posted:

I have to know if anyone else has run into this dapper gentleman in Checkpoint Rest Town

He's the only NPC I have marked as a favorite lol

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

One of the male pawn voices is Kruber from Vermintide, 100%

If I'm wrong I have the goon face blindness disease but for voices

His voice actor is listed in the credits without an attached character, so you seem to be correct.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Are there any mods/modding tools that let you re-name your pawn mid-game? Not being able to do so is legit the change I dislike the most from DD1, where I'd switch them up whenever the idea struck me. Right now I'm rushing to finish the game so I can start a new one with new Arisen/pawn.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

One fucker wanted 9 beetles for 3000G. They're lucky I found them in a riftstone and not next to a conveniently placed river.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I like the two areas leading to the Sphynx's temples that mess with your visibility and navigation. I didn't know what they were protecting but it obviously had to be something important to screw with you like they do.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I will never again hire a warrior pawn with the air launch skill. Just constantly me positioning my archer Arisen to better deal with an ogre, then suddenly *woosh* I'm flying. Or my sorcerer pawn taking the same trip. It was useful once for getting to a chest on a cliff, but otherwise it is exactly as tolerable as it was in the first game.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I really wish warfarer was full on broken in the sense that it let you use any skill with any weapon rather than having to switch.

I just wish Warfarer let me seamlessly switch from daggers to bows by holding the right bumper like the first game's Strider classes.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Lantern oil reminds me, the crafting and cooking felt a bit half baked too. Why can't I mix different kinds of meat to make dried meat? Why can I only cook beast scrags and not the fish?? loving weird.

Because the developers weren't hungry for fish that day.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I see this beetle in the distance, but I cannot get to it:

How get beetle :saddowns:

I also encountered this pawn created by an absolute psychopath goon, first one I've seen with the Aphonite specialization:

The only scenario you could justify using Aphonite is on a Silent Bob pawn.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dQeAdZ75Ks

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Dipping back into DD:DA, I checked on my Bea Arthur pawn and found a cool 1,000,000 RC from one of the people who rented it. I guess someone was a big Golden Girls fan!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I didn't find until yesterday the "intended" route to the Sphynx through Worldsend Cavern in the Old Battlefield. The Misty Marshes seemed appropriately obscure to me.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Alright this straightforward voice fuckin' sucks. I guess now I know what that aphonite scroll is intended for.

It's funny when a Straightforward pawn goes "One of my former masters preferred to have Beastrens for allies" where they really spit out "Beastrens" in disgust, and the pawn is also a Beastren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

In the modding discord they're discovering the real reason the game runs like poo poo.

Tldr: there's no LOD for NPCs, monsters, etc--they get loaded in from an insane radius at max detail all the time, even if they're miles away and you're in a cave

Lol, lmao

Real life doesn't have LOD either; not a bug