Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Kefa posted:

why do you need to remember that?

Oxxidation posted:

*grabs you by the shoulders* why do you need to remember that

Spoiler for details without giving away the whole bit: there's a side quest later that asks you to return to the spot you picked up your first Seeker's Token & return under a time limit, if you don't you can't progress to part 2 of the quest.

Mine was easy cause it was the one in the little drop down between the border outpost and Melve that you run past in the beginning of the game.

Where can I find advanced vocations beyond the first two? I thought the elf Arborist would lead to Magic Archer but no dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

deep dish peat moss posted:

For Magic Archer unlock:

Thanks! I haven't seen a desert yet so I guess I need to stop randomly wandering everywhere and progress a little bit.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Took the back road into Battahl cause I couldn't immediately figure out how to get past the checkpoint & that was a fun two hour or so jaunt.

I picked up the Almace in border town before I headed out and while I did really bad damage overall, my pawn had an easy time lining up sweeps and sunders while everything was frozen.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Insanite posted:

Anyone experienced any obnoxious guard aggro behavior?

I did a quest that involved gaol breaking a magistrate. My pawns attacked some guards in the course of it and now I’m finding hostile guards.

Not always. It’s unpredictable. I just took a drat ox cart somewhere and had to kill the cart guards after a monster attack mid-route to proceed. Also had something similar while wandering around a cart stand before then.

Sucks if I have to restart my whole game over this.

Have you tried camping in the wilderness for a week or so? A lot of behaviors and spawns reset on some kind of timer & it might work to get the guards back into appropriate behavior.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Mystic Spearhand seems kinda busted. There are a ton of staggering or freezing skills and they do the job very well.

The charged timestop + force throw skill stunlocked the Chimera in the Waterfall Cave & it never got a chance to do anything. It's slightly less effective without a bunch of throwables on the ground, but you really just need 3-4 laying around.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Nuebot posted:

Hopefully she's still there. It's been a real long time. I'll probably check...the main city? That's the nearest morgue I guess and see if she's there. Come to think of it I've never been to the morgue, maybe there will be fun surprises and people I never knew dead in there to prod back awake.

There's a tooltip about it, if they die in Vermont they go to the Charnel House in the noble quarter (there's also a back staircase abutting the main part of the city). The Charnel House is marked on your map by a coffin symbol and she should've gone there, there's multiple floors with spots for tons of coffins.

I've heard some NPCs also revive if you wait sufficiently long enough, but I'm not sure about the details.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 28, 2024

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

AcidCat posted:

"Let us use our unique skills blah blah", or "look we're all women." Pawn chatter is dumb and annoying and the pawn lovers in this thread sicken me.

Words worth hearing.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I have a Beastren pawn who won't stop saying the "If I can speak freely..." "one Arisen I traveled with preferred Beastren for allies" combo and it's not at all useful but I appreciate a repetition gag.

I do miss the more enemy-focused chatter, I only seem to get "we don't have the tools to exploit this foe's weakness" but no specifics & I remember in DD some of the pawn comments were occasionally useful with big monsters.

My other Pawn complaint is that Logistician pawns are pretty annoying most of the time.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Had a weird interaction today with a slime, if you freeze it with cold damage while standing in it, you also freeze. You do stop taking continuous damage though.

Owl Inspector posted:

I saw a golem and a gryphon right next to each other and they ignored each other until the gryphon left.

There was also an ogre fighting some slimes but they weren’t doing more than slivers of damage to each other.

I'm not sure how the circumstances differ, but I had a Gryphon land on and then attack & kill an Ogre I was fighting on the road to Bakbattahl. I'd think the Gryphon was coming after me, but the Ogre had just finished running away a bit and me & my pawns were pretty far from it.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 2, 2024

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

free hubcaps posted:

Hum dee dum I can't possibly imagine what the secret of this village in which every single resident is armed with dual daggers is, ah well.

Your game might've bugged a bit cause they aren't supposed to have daggers equipped until you discover the hideout.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I really like the guy "hiding" by the fireplace who's like, congrats, you found me, here's a prize, on your way now

It's explained in game that the guy in the mansion is a plant meant to keep people away from the hideout. It's why he gives you the faux "maister" skill, to make you think you've completed the test & get you to go away.

The hint that there's more is supposed to be the little girl running into the house and behind a door you can't open & how unforthcoming mansion guy is about the note you can find.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah, I know. I really like that.

Ah oops, misunderstood your post!