Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

I read Legends and Lattes over the holidays so I decided I wanted to try making the leads from that:
Arisen Viv

Who kinda doubles as my current DnD character, although the Orc Options are a little limited. Really hard to find the right hair as well.
Pawn Tandri:

Limited in hair color right now but I'm pretty happy with how Tandri turned out.

My Sword Lesbians are ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Hel posted:

hey Goodchild did you fail to save the guy from the Dullahan? Because your pawn Morgan LeFay claimed he died after I succeed in doing it, mostly thanks to her leading me straight up a mountain so I could bypass a locked gate and get there in time. Nice to see that the pawns react to differences in choices/success of some missions.

I just ran that quest with that pawn who was great for showing me the way but the quest target got knocked into the water during the fight and there wasn't a body for me to wake stone. I didn't notice if she commented on it or not after the fact though.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

big nipples big life posted:

late afternoon My shadow was around 5ish the last time I checked it before he walked away

Clock tip: In the first game if you stand facing north your shadow will point roughly to the hour on a clock so you could figure out times from that. I think it works the same in this.

There's a clock in the pause menu. The circle around the little map acts as a clock that rotates counter-clockwise. When the sun is at the top it's mid day.

I can't confirm this but it feels like NPC schedules run on quarter days, so for the beggar in question:

Dawn to Midday: Telling stories in the main square
Midday to dusk: At the bar in the slums
Dusk to midnight: Not entirely sure if midnight is the cut-off but he has a house in the common quarter where he locks the door
Midnight to Dawn: His house in the noble quarter

More specific Beggar quest spoilers: I'm not sure how much you can sequence break it but you basically need to go to his house in the common quarter when he is at hi noble quarter house. This should be the only time his door is unlocked and you can grab his beggar clothes

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Phlegmish posted:

Whichever goon has a pawn named Tandri, I think they have (mechanical/story? spoilers) the Dragonblight? I hired her and immediately got a pop-up about that mechanic, which is extremely sus. Had to dismiss her immediately just to be sure.

e: I looked at the sheet and the goon in question should be Rynyin

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't noticed her acting strange yet but ever ready to yeet off a cliff if needed

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah I obviously don't know if it's actually the case, but I thought it was suspicious that it popped up for her and no one else. If it turns out not to be true, please let us know, then we can safely ignore that pop-up.

So far looks like everything's fine a few hours later, entirely possible she had it and gave it away, or the pop up wasn't meant for her or whatever. She should be safe to use again!

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Phlegmish posted:

Please tell me if you have fought a Warg and where you found it, because I'm having no luck.

I can't even set up a pawn quest asking for a Pointed Fang because I've never seen one in my life

I just summoned and sent Fiona home with one. I don't remember where I saw them but I had an extra in my storage.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

So I did some testing in my new game plus regarding one of the quests revolving around seeker's tokens:

You can make a copy of your finder's token at the forgery shop, the copy acts exactly like the original and they stack in the inventory

I'm pretty sure you can gift them as pawn gifts as well.

Also related to the "parent" part of that same quest line

The pawn's don't have to be official Capcom pawns, as long as they have one of the 3 correct pawn names and/or I think the right associated moniker they're fine to use for the Sphinx. I've used two different non-capcom ones in my first playthrough and in NG+ and they both worked just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Phlegmish posted:

Ending questions for those who have finished the game:

- Are these Purgeners optional? I don't really feel like fighting them all.
- After you do the Halls of the First Dawn, you're apparently forced to start NG+. I take it that if I want to buy the best equipment for my pawn, I have to do it now, because vendor stock will have reset in the new game?

Regarding vendors in NG+ The vendors all retain their inventory from the unmoored world, so in NG+ you can still buy their endgame equipment. Same for the dragonforged, you can by the ultimate stuff from him as well with wyrmlife crystals as soon as you meet him