Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i played the gently caress out of space hulk back when i had friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
has anyone read any of the AoS books? are any of them good? i love Old World Mythology it's so over the top and crazy but i'm not a fan of playing Warhammer Fantasy. I like AoS much better but don't know much about the setting other than what happens directly after The End Times.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

QuarkJets posted:

more like tyra-nads lol

Aren't a lot of what were the original Tyranids now basically the Genestealer Cult?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Just watched the quick "This week in Warhammer" and it autoplayed into some ragebait redpill video about the female Custodes. Never change, YouTube, you piece of poo poo.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i've always wanted to get into Blood Bowl it seems fun as hell but no one at the stores i ever went to were playing it.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Emperor hates women so much he believed he was force masc'ing them by turning them into Custodes

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
I think there are male Sisters of Silence right?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

The Bible posted:

I had some extra kits I was planning to paint into Sisters of Chaos but I might have to rethink that now.

thought this said "extra kinks"

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Are there any other instances of Games WOKEshop doing more lore reveals or retcons on things like what's happened with the Custodes?

Froghammer posted:

GW is riding a weird fine line with Orkz in that they're technically genderless because fungus but also they refer to themselves as either boyz or lads because soccer hooligans

Is any of the fact that they're non-binary explicitly in the lore, or is it discussed ever or is it just only mentioned in how Orkz reproduced and biology in like the codex or something?

e: grammar

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 16, 2024

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

sharknado slashfic posted:

They retconned the necrons and C'tan but not quite the same way

I remember the first iteration. I think 3rd edition? I started playing right as the Necron codex was released (and took a very looooong hiatus a few years after). The new lore is much better, I think.

Specifically though, I was thinking more like any crazy gender reveals or anything that outraged some of the bigger losers in the fandom for being too "woke".

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Can someone explain what a "squig" is and what it does exactly? I've had a general idea but then sometimes it seems like it does something more and different than what I thought and I get confused. I know nothing about Orkz other than general carryover lore from 3rd edition.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Okay, I think I get why people love Orks.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
this is now a 40k Ork thread pyf Orks

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

This model loving owns

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Smugworth posted:

I would have the biggest shoulderpads

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Smugworth posted:

Did you pinch people with it
Did you pinch their booties

[ASSAULT]

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
All the Necron units are sentient right? Like they all used to be a living breathing person, even the scarabs? I also seem to remember the Necron access to their own sentience or consciousness is capped or bottlenecked depending on where you are on the hierarchy?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

bob dobbs is dead posted:

yes. this is detailed in excruciating body-horror detail in the twice-dead king

Is the book it's from part of a two book series or a trilogy, I can't remember? I really need to check it out because I've seen and heard so many people talk about how great it is, not including this thread.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
lol

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Third World Reagan posted:

as it was the style at the time

yeah, this. it's just a style. it's very british 2000 ad, comic book art. i think it's pretty rad, personal

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

A Good Username posted:

Somebody earlier in the thread suggested Aaron Dembski-Bowden as one of the better fiction writers.
This is a fan animation of his novel Helsreach, about the Black Templars during the last War for Armageddon.
It uses the audiobook for the voice work.

Dembski-Bowden has said (on Twitter I think, I don't remember where) he's not supposed to talk about it, but he thinks it's pretty good.

It's also two and a half hours long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2WGE1L6WKs

This is pretty rad got any more?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
v glad i remind you of henry cavill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Don't the LoV also hold a very Might is Right kinda of view on politics?