Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I pushed a miata over that bridge in a snow storm, rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh my god! You're right. When I saw it first I thought I thought I was seeing the silhouette of the ship pass behind the pylon, but it's the other way around. WTF.

Funky to see, plunky to sea

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Just fyi if this is a joke about my intelligence I don't get it for obvious reasons.

Nope just being dumb about your username and then made a rhyme

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

This is why we need to bring back sails

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Spandex Bonerlord posted:

This is really bad for Biden.

Not bad enough imo

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

thunderspanks posted:

That ship was literally the largest container ship in the world when it was launched in 2019, if that helps guide you to an answer.

It's a panamax so no, it wasn't

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

thunderspanks posted:

ok I'll say I was wrong if you can find a better source :shrug:
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-suffolk-49610297

Sorry thought you meant the Dali

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Klyith posted:

The panama canal also use got upgraded over the last 10 years so the most common size of container ship is now *much* bigger.

Neopanamax is like twice the cargo size of old panamax (ie twice the mass), and 20-60% bigger in every physical dimension.

Closer to 3x cargo capacity, 5000 vs 13000 TEU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

smackfu posted:

Heh, NYTimes managed to dig up this expert.

It was like 45 billion newtons of energy, loving " errant ship" like it's a little dinghy

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Would dropping anchor done anything? Not many brake options it seems.

They did and it didnt

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Lots of jokes about bridge masters but not one mentioned the Pontifex Maximus

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

wesleywillis posted:

Isn't the mason dixon line east-west?
Also yeah I guess the people can't just drive a few miles out of the way and get to the other side of the harbour.

So I guess she's right, country completely divided. Thanks JFK.

The line is east-west, dividing the country into a north and a south

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Kevyn posted:

You know those salmon cannons that launch fish upstream over dams? That, but for boats

T shirt cannons firing fish into the audience

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

gently caress yeah. Paint the picture of a long gone used to be local beer company on the side and let it rip

Does Reckless Ric's still exist in glen burnie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Medullah posted:

Giant trebuchets and nets on both sides to launch people across

scaled up hotwheels track with speed boosters and some ramps on both sides of the bay