Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kind of silly that Takeshita loses a number one contender match and is completely gone from the top 5. He was tied with Swerve! He should at least break the top 5, even if they push him down TO #5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

Mercedez can’t promo, that’s fine, when she wrestles it’ll be a bunch of fairweather marks going crazy in here.

I mean, not really. Everyone seems to be of the same mind that her promos stink and her wrestling is good, and that she’s not being used to her strengths yet. Not really fair weather at all.

Turning her full heel and having Stokely manage her so they can promo together would probably turn me around on her promos. They’ve just never been her strong point.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kennel posted:

That was the weakest Rampage in ages.

The crowd being hot for Papa Magie was the only hilight.

I’m just watching it now and holy gently caress Deonna kicked Rose’s head off with that pump kick in the corner

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love how much of a sicko Skye Blue is. They should lean into that as a character trait on screen.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Captain Foo posted:

Any word on Ricky? :ohdear:

Waffleopolis posted:

Was about to post that.

I'm glad that he is okay, but I would probably be pissed at that ref for continuing the match as it was. It made everybody looked bad and put Ricky at risk even if he was just knocked a little loopy.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Unless they built it up with video packages about the Edgeheads for a few weeks, I don’t necessarily think WWE fans would have gone bonkers for Copeland/Cardona unless it was at a Mania or something where the nerdiest of fans show up.

AEW fans just seem to be more general fans of wrestling and its history so when a fun little match like this pops up out of nowhere, it’s easy to be excited and happy for it even if you’re not the biggest Cardona fan or anything. It was just a real sweet moment and turned out to be a good match.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

that is unfortunate, plus it'd be nice if BCG had a match for their six-man belts

book them against, I dunno, Taylor/Moriarty/Keith and say that the ROH higher-ups demanded at least one defense before going after The Acclaimed

On the other hand, they can merge the belts after beating The Acclaimed and remove a belt from the orbit. We probably don’t need ROH Six Man Titles at this point.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1774973388991152204

Cutting anyone who didn't actively want out sucks; cutting people who were still an active presence on TV as of recently sucks worse!

Well this sucks! Bad call!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1774983003300569284

This looks like it might be the full list? Hopefully there's not any more

The worst of this list is Anthony Henry, Dasha, and The Boys in that order. Dasha might have taken first place if not for Henry getting released while injured, even if the injury didn’t happen in AEW. Everyone else makes sense IMO. Gravity was pretty bad and Stu’s situation has always been weird so who the hell knows what’s going on there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh poo poo I missed Jose in that list. That also sucks! Bad move, Tony!!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It sure sucks that they released Dasha, who is cool and good, instead of the announcer named during speaking out for texting gross poo poo to a minor

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I can see reasons why a few might be for reasons (The Boys are rumored to be kind of weirdos, the Stu rumor, etc.) but it just seems like mostly people who didn't work out like Gravity and Parker, and guys who no longer had a role like Slim J. Henry is getting up there in age but releasing him solo is kind of weird even though Tony does seem to be more partial to JD.

What’s the Stu rumor (henceforth known as the Stumor)?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

That he wouldn't come to Collision when Pat Buck called to tell him to come.

Hm, well, that seems like a weird move to make

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

i gotta admit, i didn't know Dasha did backstage interviews in AEW lol, i thought its been all Renee, Lexi Nair and Alex Marvez

I think she’s done more of those local promotion videos or whatever where like her and Alex Abrahantes run down an upcoming show and maybe do some little interviews as part of it than backstage interviews during a show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1775230494759612417

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh, hah! I just thought it was a weirdo Kenny tweet with bad timing. It was just “Why bucks fire me? No more mud show for me! Lol”. I assumed one of the idiot podcasters had some dumb take he was subtweeting.

The previous tweet was “my tummy hurts”.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Kenny Omega isn’t his actual name either

God is there ANY good news this week???

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Serperoth posted:

I started my new job Monday so I'm settling in and taking it easy

Hell yeah, this rules

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

is that ref loving Quack?

What he does on his own time is his own business

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jiro posted:

Lance doing his old entrance thing of dragging someone out already beating him up to his music would be legit awesome.

It should be Regal and nobody mentions it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It’s about fuckin time!