Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Shanghaied posted:

You're getting called an rear end in a top hat either way, so I would just not invite these five if you're so worried that you hired security.

Well, yeah. $1800 extra for 5 people? Geddouttahere. They can watch on Zoom or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Shanghaied posted:

AITA, for renaming my niece and nephew?

The children's names were Jezebel and Cujo

NGL Jezebel rocks as a name.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DeeplyConcerned posted:

They bring out my burger, which is covered in the following ingredients:
lettuce
tomato
onion

I start gagging immediately

He has a point about brioche buns, I'll give him that.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It is an increasingly rare thing these days and a lot of people seem to actively resist the very idea. "Clearly state my intentions and/or desires? Why would I do that?"

Nobody on social media does so why should I?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol come on dude, at least pretend you're one of the diehard fans who planned the trip years in advance. "It's been a dream of mine since approximately this past St. Patrick's Day :qq:"

"drat, forgot to set a reminder 9 months in advance to not gently caress my wife for a couple of weeks"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

We don't even know that she was actually complaining though. It could easily have been something like "oh god remember that rear end in a top hat Brad I used to go out with, best sex of my life but I can't believe I put up with his other crap for so long, so glad I got out of that and have a decent boyfriend now" kind of thing and friend decided to poo poo-stir.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

trickybiscuits posted:

So was this actually someone's bare rear end, or did this woman feel threatened by sagged pants, a fashion that has been around for over three decades and is associated with gangsters and the inner city?

r/relationships: what exactly did you think the butt was going to do to you?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

idiotsavant posted:

pretty much this, I've definitely ruined a pot + burner before by steaming some artichokes and forgetting about it while doing other stuff, and so now if I'm cooking something I either stay in the kitchen the whole time & read a book while I wait for like, the rice to boil, or set a timer, or both. Even if you're filling the entire sink it takes like what, 5 minutes max? just look at your phone for 5 minutes dummy

Yeah, but I've never seen a sink without an overflow. Is he blocking it somehow? Is he running the water so fast the overflow can't keep up? How's he doing it?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Update on the ticket story:

No surprises to anyone except Pantaloon Pontiff, who is presumably still trying to figure out how she got on the plane after this controlling bastard stole her ticket and imprisoned her in italy

It's "hey we're on a hiatus while I'm im Europe mmmkay" girl all over again. Who are these people who think their SOs are going to be cool with "hey gonna unilaterally try out a bit of strange seeya later WHY ARE YOU BEING SO CONTROLLING!"? Is this some bizarre tiktok trend?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Hygiene posted:

What also made me laugh was a zookeeper showing up in the comments confirming that, yes, the big cats do in fact create ungodly waste horrors that can make visitors vomit on a good day, even providing proof I'm too scared to click on :sweatdrop:

Hell, even my small cats can do that.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

house of the dad posted:

Yeah, having a hard time figuring out what would lead the manager to do this in the first place, because I can't see the benefit in it unless they were pocketing the money they saved by using an unapproved airline. Instead they completely hosed over their subordinate, left them stranded, and then didn't tell anybody what happened because they were "embarrassed." Don't know how you keep your job after that.

Yeah, I can't see why (Ask A Manager and commenters are outraged at the company). OP is 100% the rear end in a top hat there.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

hey i wouldn't care if it was you and one of your close friends haha not at all wouldn't want to watch that haha

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DemoneeHo posted:

Even charging him rent at all to live in the family house during the early years of covid seems like a really loving terrible thing to inflict upon their child.

They made OP pay a high rent and did jack poo poo with the money. They didn't even invest it so it could grow into something larger down the line. OP only received an extra $4300 after four years. The meager gesture was the final nail in the coffin for OP

I'm glad grandad understood that, at least.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hughlander posted:

AITA for silently getting up and walking out of the restaurant during NYE dinner after I was told to pay for everyone at the table (my inlaws)?

quote:

what I did was an attempt to get back at them for not being able to help mom when she was sick

God drat hubby's family sucks. Hey your mom just died and we did gently caress all to help while she was sick but we should get to have a rad NYE party with your inheritance!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

mystes posted:

Jesus christ how about actually just talking to her and saying "how about we get a copy so when you're going to a concert or something you can take the copy"

of course she's going to be pissed if OP did this without telling her and she was worrying for nothing

If they can't talk about stuff like this they shouldn't get married anyway though

Depends on what she escalated to saying. Sounds like it was juicy!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Kenshin posted:

Yeah no she should not have more kids. She's bored with her existing ones since they aren't babies anymore.

She wants a little girl like her friends have.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

8one6 posted:

OP is probably the rear end in a top hat here, especially if the moving back home is for less than a month or two and extra especially if back home already has those appliances.

Yes, the roommates could spend $20 at Ace hardware to get a replacement toaster but that just means OP is extra petty for taking it.

Yeah, I mean why bother loading them up and unloading them? Just leave them where they are unless they're ridiculously expensive and/or likely to go walkabout.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ensign Expendable posted:

She should send him a sex list.

1) get hosed

2) not by me

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Troublemaker posted:

She called him an unappreciative rear end in a top hat, but ... what was there for him to appreciate? What part of that day was supposed to be for him? Watching her shop, or watching her eat food he doesn't like? Did she even get him a gift?

They were spending tiiime together! He's such an unappreciative rear end in a top hat!

This is definitely one of the "give the reasons you're still with this person" ones.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

S40CheckingAccount posted:

How is a stay-at-home kind of guy so good at socializing that he can pick up a bartender at her job and marry her two weeks later?

Alternatively, how psycho is the bartender that gets picked up by some random sofa surfer and marries him two weeks later?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

r/relationships: woke up and chose violence

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

mystes posted:

The probability distribution of a murder suicide occurring in a specific places makes no difference in terms of the expected probability of one occurring a second time given that one occurred to a first time compared to one occurring for the first time if two events of murder suicide are uncorrelated, and based on the central limit you can still get a normal distribution of the frequencies in that case, which is what I assume you actually mean by murder suicides being normally distributed.

What if the house has bad vibes?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Breetai posted:

The fact that he believes that his girlfriend demanding respect is enough of a novelty to mention it as a major part of her personality tells you absolutely everything you need to know about this poo poo of a man.

"She is an animal lover" was the one that got me first. This is a problem for you you can gtfo my life and stay out.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

mystes posted:

Why would you go out of your way to buy a first aid product that has zero scientific evidence to support its effectiveness?

I like Nelson's Burns Ointment because I'm clumsy and tend to singe myself on kitchen equipment. But I suspect the benefit is mostly from the white paraffin, fat etc keeping the burn soft rather than herbal woo.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Quackles posted:

Tech workers in the UK are underpaid.

Yeah, that's somewhat less than I get for a full time 2/3 level help desk job.

I own my house and don't bother with a car though so I'm way better off than that twit.

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 12, 2024

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Fil5000 posted:

It's absolutely mad. In 2018 I was able to get a two bedroom flat in a nice bit of Nottingham for £625 a month. Now you'll pay £200 more than that, you MIGHT get a one bed for the same price. £25k a year means you're taking home about £1.800 (as long as you're not paying into a pension, which you should be but I get why you might not on that salary). It's like... call centre supervisor level of money while the OP is on mid ranking civil servant money. I cannot imagine being on anything less than six figures and bothering with a prenup, what does this guy think is going to happen to him?

It's his mum wants the prenup.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The UK is effectively a third world country at this point.

A third world country where most of the inhabitants still seem to think they rule an empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

house of the dad posted:

Autism or ADHD can contribute to this kind of behavior. The guy needs to a see a therapist at the very least, but more than likely needs to talk to an actual psychiatrist.

Yeah, peeing in a bottle is one thing; not emptying it down the toilet first thing next morning is "gtfo because eventually his pissbottle hoard will fill the house" time.