Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I only smoke if I've been drinking a shitton and I HATE indoor smoking sections SO loving MUCH. Like the IRL equivalent of "oh, you want a cigarette? Try SMOKING A WHOLE CARTON BY FORCE". Go stand on the curb in the snow like the gods intended :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
If I had a good relationship with my mom I think I'd prefer to spend mother's day with her than with Random Aunt

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

wheatpuppy posted:

Also they don't let you in to the American Doll cafe without a kid, and that's where the best crab cakes are.

I love that story so much. I love how that guy got absolutely loaded on champagne. Did he have to rent a doll for the table??

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

snergle posted:

i missed this one could someone repost?

AITA for going to the American Girl Doll cafe alone?

quote:

I’m 31M. Years ago I went to the American Girl Cafe for my nieces birthday. I didn’t really want to go, but while I was there I ordered the crab cakes and they were actually amazing. I’ve been thinking about them regularly since then. I have no interest in the dolls, just the crab cakes.

Because I figured most people aren’t going out right now I decided to go back to get crab cakes, hoping it would be an empty room with just me eating my lunch in peace. While it wasn’t as crowded, I still felt odd because it was fairly well populated with little girls. I just kept to myself and ordered. The waitress asked when the rest of my party would be joining me. I said I was just there to eat by myself. I could tell this disturbed her. But whatever it’s legal to eat at a cafe, I just like the food there.

Well after I ate crab cakes and 4 glasses of sparkling brut (amazing by the way) the manager came out and said other patrons felt uncomfortable by my presence. I asked if it was because I was a man. They couldn’t answer me. Clearly they assume any man in the American girl tea room is creepy. I explained I’m just a fan of the crab cakes (not even the other food there to be honest, the cake sucks) and I wanted to enjoy a relaxing lunch.

They eventually made me leave (of course I still had to pay) but this feels like discrimination. I was slightly tipsy but not drunk. I am thinking of returning at a later date if I can find maybe a single mom and her daughter who would be willing to go with me (I’m in the process of dating a single mom with a 6 year old daughter and I’d be lying if I said this wouldn’t be a perk) but to be honest the whole experience ruined the restaurant for me. Am I crazy? I feel like I did nothing wrong.

Hammered off my rear end in the American Girl Doll Crab Room

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

quote:

I’m a 31 year old man. I am not a pedophile.

Amazing start tbh

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I genuinely don't know why some people choose to keep dating the kind of guy whose mom thinks she's your romantic rival

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

litany of gulps posted:

Charters just kick them out and private schools don't even allow them in.

I totally get what you're saying here but I was an extremely loving neurodivergent actually crazy kid and private school let me in just fine (and probably gave me a little extra leeway like suspending me instead of kicking me out when I threatened to jump off a bridge and such).

Also, yeah, idk, I've had both really awesome teachers, and also teachers who physically laid hands on students, but there's a special place in Hell for the kind of teacher who just loving spitefully hates kids and sees them as a problem to be eradiacted.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

litany of gulps posted:

Ahh, so your family had money. You are correct, that allows you to get away with things that poor kids don't.

I was trying to hold back because I can't comfortably contribute to this conversation because I was physically assaulted by a teacher growing up, which permanently hosed me up. Rich kids get hit and touched and shoved too. Suck my dick.

I'll take a sixer, please

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Mx. posted:

[b]AITA for being pissed off our kitchen flooded?

I have a number of follow-up questions

edit: I just need that angry teacher to know the "thing I got away with that poor kids didn't" is attempting suicide as a teenager so that's fun

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lmao :wtc:

Everyone shut up about teachers and start mocking this guy

What was he watching that made him flood the kitchen so many times

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Flooding counts as a pre-existing condition

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
A reverse Bean Dad, if you will

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Come on guys, you’re ruining National Laundry Day.

Did National Laundry Day go to private school? It might deserve this :colbert:

I guess on further reflection I'm lucky my parents pulled me out of public school if it stopped more people like litany of gulps from telling me I deserve to be suicidal as a child, which I wasn't expecting on my bingo card in my 30's. Like, you decided to insult me for being a neurodivergent child and I'm not even a child any more. I'm really lucky my parents took an interest in my life as a kid, and I hope you don't treat the kids you teach this way. No kid "Deserves" mental illness even if their parents are able to take care of them. If your kid is suicidal, something is very wrong. If you're somehow a teenager reading this and a teacher tells you you can "get away with" suicidal thoughts because you're "lucky", please find an adult you trust and talk to them ASAP.

I'll drop this but yeah. Hug your kid for me, okay? I'm never gonna have them, but I hope nobody talks to your kid the way people talk to/treated me.

edit: also I did not grow up in America so I am guessing private school means "rich people cannibal party" over here or something instead of "slightly fancier public school"

Steve Vader posted:

It can't be a texture thing because ham has the worst of all meat textures.

:hmmyes: Ham somehow tastes better cubed, which is a scientific hypothesis I do not understand

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Neito posted:

AITA for making the perfect phone call?

Carmen Sandiego getting lazier in her old age I see

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

haveblue posted:

My kitchen has one sink with neither a garbage disposal nor an overflow. If I left the water running and there was a bunch of debris in the drain, it could definitely spill over

Yeah, my sink is like this, too. Every so often a saucer or something floats to the bottom of the drain when the water's going and suddenly there's zero drainage and you have to fix it first

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I hate to say it, but she definitely met some guy she wants to gently caress while on vacation, right? And is staying extra days to do just that?

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

AKA Pseudonym posted:

AITA for kicking out my wife's friend for saying that I am disgusting for feeding each other food with our hands?

What the hell? Like spooning pasta into her mouth and poo poo??

edit: Oh excuse me "with our hands". Like going to town on a chicken drumstick someone else is holding?!

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Extremely long post for extremely low stakes

AITA for watching the first episode

I am tired of jokes about my ability to make mundane problems the most in-depth dramatic poo poo ever. The first such incident occurred in 1956 when

Lieutenant Dan fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 16, 2024

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

CommissarMega posted:

I'm not- mostly because you've never told one :smug:

serves me right for not quoting the correct post (I have now quoted the correct post)

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What kind of café is it?

Crab Cakes n' Brut

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I dated a guy who was mostly "off-grid" except for his roommate's Hulu account and actually owning a phone. He got paid $9 under the table to dig holes in an old guy's back yard and when he got heatstroke one day, the old guy handed him a Gatorade instead of sending him to the hospital. ...I hope he's doing better now :(

edit: Yes I asked why the guy needed constant holes and the answer was "Gardening" and not "Bodies" unfortunately

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Midnight Voyager posted:

The weirdest thing is that the mom is trying to help win her back! What do you mean she's calling to plead her case?? She clearly got what she wanted, the wedding to never happen. what did she think she wanted??

Possibly someone to lord it over? Like, "see your fiance/husband prefers ME!" :ohdear:

"Now you can have your baby boy back full time." is an absolute power move and rules

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Every so often I think about the guy who thought twins take twice as long to cook inside their mother as a single baby would

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Skutter posted:

Gosh, how could this guy possibly be an rear end in a top hat?

AITA for making the Age of Empires 2 'new villager' sound when my wife gave birth to our first child?

Oh god I can see myself doing this. It's me, the hypothetical A

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

This guy is obviously TA but I do miss getting paper copies of certain things, the main one being concert tickets. I have a collection of old ticket stubs that just stops abruptly in the late 2000s.

I totally agree. This dude sucks majorly and is a huge baby child, but also, I have zero desire to go to Disneyland ever since I found out the whole place operates on a weird app where you have to book appointments to ride rides and poo poo. I really hate using my phone and avoid 99% of all activities involving it so I just struck it off my "one day I'll go on holiday here" list. :shrug:

haveblue posted:

Husband just keeps misinterpreting “please come over and lay some pipe”

He's installing soup tubes

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Kenshin posted:

No you're thinking of Fightman

Was he the guy that was Instantly Angry?

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I desperately need to know what worm music is

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Also what fat they are fried in.

Yeah, my ex was vegan and I remember it was a huuuuge deal when McDonald's changed their fries because it meant she could actually eat the fries there

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Crocobile posted:

Ok content. Try to guess what this guy’s upset about :
My wife (37F) and I (38M) were humiliated by being denied entry at a bar this weekend. It ruined our date night and has had us feeling awful ever since. What can we do?

He's upset that some people (who might've had a reservation) cut in line in front of him at a bar and it ruined his self esteem? :confused: I thought he was gonna be mad that they got rejected for being underdressed or something.