Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ex-friend 34F asked me 35M about our relationship over 10 years ago. How to respond?

Update: Ex-friend 34F asked me 35M about our relationship over 10 years ago. How to respond?
Congratulations, ApplesandOranges! You found a post that finally hits incredibly uncomfortably close to home for me :toot:
This dude should not respond and in fact should probably just not talk to the ex's family at all, because she was, and they are continuing to, treat him as the backup plan. I know because I was in a very similar situation; my ex would go months, sometimes years without saying a word to me, and then suddenly come swanning in as if nothing had ever happened, stir things back up, get my hopes up (after making sure I was still single, of course). And then off they would gently caress again once the rough patch had passed, and I was left alone again.

No one deserves to be strung along as someone else's Plan B, because you will never be Plan A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

MagusofStars posted:

Agreed, but per the comments, it's even more than that:

Maybe she should teach her kids to read the ingredients list and "remember that time we had to rush to the hospital, that's why it's important to always check".

No, it's anyone and everyone else's fault if my kid encounters an allergen! Certainly not mine or my child's for not paying the gently caress attention to what they were ham-fisting into their gob. What do you mean, I should parent my kid?!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

quantumwell posted:

I agree, I'm very upset about it

Clearly the solution is to Shrekify Big John.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Crocobile posted:

Remember the one where the young woman’s friend proposed to her out of no where? It got an update:

[UPDATE] My (25F) best friend (24M) proposed to me. I’m confused and mortified. Where can we go from here? HOPEFULLY FINAL UPDATE

I want this to have updates because I desperately want to know what the gently caress.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

no but they are a burden on tax-payer funded healthcare systems, because it turns out you are not healthy at any size

:lmao: "People are so mean to me for smoking! We all know who the real enemy is, though- those loving FATTIES :argh:"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Clear communication isn't this op's strong suit

It is an increasingly rare thing these days and a lot of people seem to actively resist the very idea. "Clearly state my intentions and/or desires? Why would I do that?"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

carrionman posted:

Several of my inlaws are needing knee replacements, a couple are pre diabetic, directly caused by being obese for a couple of decades.

Happy at every size is admirable, healthy at every size is complete bullshit.

Again, i want to be very clear: obese people are people. However they will not be people for as long, with as high a quality of life, as people who are not.

No one here is saying that 'healthy at every size' is a thing, though. We're mocking the idea that fat people are on the same level as smokers. They don't increase the chances of people around them gaining weight via Second-Hand Fat.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You put an obese person in a room with other people, and they'll likely sit and mind their business.
You put a smoker in a room with other people, and that smoke is everyone's business, whether they want it to be or not.

They are not even remotely the same and trying to claim the big people are the worse ones is dumb.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

With regard to the thread title: does anyone know what evil clown credentials are like? Are there evil clown colleges, or do you study regular clowning then do a masters in evil?
I would imagine they're slightly melty around the edges following the plunge into a vat of chemical waste

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Acid vat that husband.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

WIBTA for reporting my child's teacher?

Going to need to know whether this is a public or a private school before I can decide whether OP is a nazi.

Quickly, Litany of Gulps! The beacon is lit! A teacher calls for aid!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Divorce his rear end. Then he can move up with dear old granny and be there every time she stubs a toe and declares a family emergency.
I say this as someone who has had several grandparents die. These many heart attacks are a little sus, if I'm being honest. EIther Grandma is not taking proper care of herself, or she's enjoying the attention every time she's "on deaths doorstep" and everyone flocks in to see her for what might be the last time.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 16, 2024

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Sanford posted:

One guy glared angrily as we ate a takeaway kebab between us then suddenly shouted “how do you know how much is yours??”
:lmao: The bits that you managed to cram into your mouth are yours, obviously. Whats left is still fair game.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Rat Patrol posted:

Watching this thread learn in real time that things that work for some people don't work for all people, inspiring

No! I am the protagonist of life, my way is the only correct way!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Dog heelys cafe

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"My boyfriend isn't into my wardrobe being heavily inspired by the Six Flags guy, what gives"
(you can dress however the hell you want, obviously, but people are not required to like it)

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGV8DcuiZGo
Getting ready for the big date night

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

AITA for refusing to stop driving and sell my car despite my boyfriend asking me to do so?

Across three years, this woman has somehow managed to make her foot slip three times, causing her to hit a parked car every time. :stonk:
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Hey, if that little old dancing man doesn't turn you on, I don't know what will

Our objections are to his fashion sense, not to his groove

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You have a very strange definition of 'feeding'.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The state of public transportation and the fact that our society is built around the expectation of self-transportation are both irrelevant to the fact that the lady can't drive for poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hughlander posted:

Super petty but I’m team Molly
Same. I'm also not a fan of OP for trying to stay neutral; cajoling other people to be the 'bigger person' is easy when you're not the one all of this poo poo is being said to. "I know he smashed your insecurity with an overhead sledgehammer swing within ten seconds of meeting you but please, be the bigger person, just let it go and let him win so I don't have to deal with all of this anymore." gently caress that and gently caress you, OP, that's how bullies keep getting away with their bullshit.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Mandatory QR code menus are dumb and stupid.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

gently caress yeah time for another of these god drat derails, lord knows we didn't already fuckin have one just the other week, to me my popcorn

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah I didn’t catch that or read the comments, so I’ve deleted that. Mea culpa.

Have other content instead, let’s change the topic.

AITA For not lying to the police for my family?
https://imgur.com/XgY1tX6.mp4

Sex Farm posted:

Oh no a derail about how people shouldn't post abuse stories, cry me a loving river

We've had this argument a thousand loving times. We *just had it*.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weird how it only seems to happen when Corky is asleep too, what's up with that

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Because I've got nothing to add that hasn't already been said. I agree they shouldn't be posted. Everyone has agreed they shouldn't be posted. It does not need to be relitigated for the fiftieth time.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

Get ready to get mad.

AITA for not inviting my mentally unstable cousin to my wedding

Now, there's nothing that conclusively proves they had booked a former plantation, but ...
I am utterly delighted that this person's wedding imploded. gently caress you and your bigotry, lady.
And it was absolutely a plantation- much like how she wouldn't outright *say* things because she Knew They Were Bad, she knows drat well plantations are bad and she wanted to get hitched at one anyway.

Verdict: :guillotine:

Shanghaied posted:

A heartwarming story in which a POC and a racist POS is brought together by the sheer stupidity of woman who doesn't believe in the concept of poison.

AITA for calling my mom's husband a piece of poo poo?
"Act your age! Now stop being difficult and help me poison the dog, poison is just an alarmist conspiracy!"

Verdict: :guillotine:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 21, 2024

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A little bit, but they were no longer actively dating and "bro code" is stupid and dumb, so :shrug:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Ok let me clarify: it does say ON a horse, not TO a horse. My first thought wasn't "hey she's getting dicked down by Mr. Ed" it was more "huh...did she have an unexpected orgasm while riding?"

Ridicule it all you want but it was nice to see a story about horses that didn't involve full-blown furry insanity or dying to ants

That's also what I assumed, but the fruit, it is low hanging

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

At least the dog just wants you to throw the ball and isn't judging you for not participating in the activities with the rest of the humans.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Shanghaied posted:

Seriously though, it's kinda weird to send them to a third party. Like what's next, send them to her co-workers?
Could have just been sheer desperation. My sister did this same exact thing for years when we were kids, and it took me bitching her out about it in front of her entire friend group and embarrassing the mmmmotherfuck out of her, but she finally started flushing her god drat bowel movements.

My niece is doing the same thing, and I swear to Satan, Iblis, and every other form of the great adversary, if I must repeat this sin to stop opening the lid to unfinished business, I will do so and I will not regret it for even a moment. Flush your godbedamned turds.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

mllaneza posted:

I'll give the GF a lot of credit for being there when OP woke up and for staying with him for the two-day stay.

You really really should not. The time for giving credit was when OP was trying to contact her with "holy gently caress please take me to the hospital"; blocking his number and continuing to party and only at 3am, getting home, going "oh poo poo he wasn't trying to ruin my evening, something he has never attempted to do before and I had no reason to think he would try to do" is way, way past the time for giving credit. This is 'desperate sucking up to avoid being broken up with' territory.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 24, 2024

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

There exists a certain subset of posters both on Reddit and elsewhere to whom the man is always at fault, forever, no matter what actually happened, and they cling to this with the rabid faith of MAGA people clinging to the cheeto. They will twist facts or outright ignore them if they cannot be changed to alter events so that it is Always His Fault.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Biplane posted:

Leia is a Disney princess now, AND her Disney princess outfit is a white dress for maximum impact.
Disney owns the Aliens franchise so the Xenomorph Queen is also an option.

vvv :hmmyes:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 25, 2024

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I am informed that Disney also owns Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I too judge you for cranking it to Saturn Devouring His Son.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm *pretty sure* they mean the bit of umbilical cord that they leave attached to the babby that eventually dries up and falls off.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

Palate cleanser:

My husband turned 40 and suddenly became the man I married again

UPDATE: My husband turned 40 and suddenly became the man I married again

:3: I may be cynical but I do enjoy happy endings. Good on the husband for taking the hint the universe was giving him to knock his poo poo off.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:laffo:
r/relationships: your immediate presence is worth about four grapes and a cheese cube

It's probably too long, but it'd be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Destruct all pranksters. They have abused the privilege and cannot, must not be tolerated any longer.