Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/CallaWalsh/status/1777413639206527043

Calla Walsh is a treasure and I can't wait to see what work she does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

ex post facho posted:

joe lieberman's legacy lives on for a little while longer

https://twitter.com/michelleinbklyn/status/1445174508483133441

Careerists... *spits*

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Punished Turtle posted:

starting over for new thread:

01. Alexander Hamilton

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten
spot in the Caribbean by Providence impoverished in squalor
grow up to be a hero and a scholar?

The Ten dollar, founding father without a father
got a lot farther by working a lot harder
by being a lot smarter by being a self-starter
by fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Oh, are they reviving "Book of Mormon"?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

It was even funnier than that bc it started with leon claiming that I was overly obsessed with him, using post counts of mine with his name vs. his posts with my name (after he'd edited out my name from his posts).

Then he claimed he removed my name while responding directly to me because, on reflection, the posts were "too mean" & he meant to be kinder (by removing my name and nothing else).

The thread is in the goldmine now.

lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

2016: A New Hope
2020: The Empire Strikes Back
2024: Return of the Jedi

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/PplsCityCouncil/status/1778065971443556359

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

christ what an imbecile

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mcmagic posted:

making GBS threads on like the 2 most popular women in the country for incredibly dumb reasons doesn't strike me as an appealing argument to normie americans.

She's like a parody of woke poo poo from chris ruffo's brain.

Were you a gamergater, mcmagic? You're giving off big gamergate vibes

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

netizen posted:

Does Biden understand that his is president right now?

Dude's living in the 20th century, so... no.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Nichael posted:

wtf

come on this post sucks. identity and age have no bearing on shitposts, and all are entitled to own without the artificial limits of :decorum:

Willa is like a red cape for the biggest morons on this site. The fact they go at her age in an attempt to find something, anything to tilt her is utterly pathetic.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

worse than gwb or buchanan

Truman, McKinley, Jackson, Reagan, off the top of my head.

Every president involved in the genocide of native peoples or imperialist war, which is basically all of them.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

KJU is NJR??

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

I don't think there are enough mindless blue voters to keep Dems strong, the issue here is that Republicans don't address material conditions either so there's no real reason for anyone to vote for them.

Republicans just blame all our problems on immigrants, black people, loose women, and gays. Which is enough to get a lot of votes, but there's also just too many voters who aren't taken in by that to make the GOP a permanent majority.

They could defeat the Democrats forever, easily, if they did the barest minimum to help people, which is more than the Democrats would ever do, but they won't.

We saw what happened when a political party made the slightest effort to improve the material circumstances of anyone besides oligarchs for a change, it was called the New Deal and Democrats won 5 terms in a row and had an almost unbroken hold on congress for 60 years

US politics is a prisoners dilemma where "Betray" represents betraying the ruling class and doing anything at all for regular people.

Thankfully, the two participants can communicate and prevent that dreadful outcome.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Excelzior posted:

I'm sorry are you saying her ~ICONIC~ pantsuits didn't define an entire generation

https://twitter.com/fOrGiVeNcHy/status/1278439031404191744

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

pencilhands posted:

Many young voters dislike both Biden and Donald Trump and aren't going to vote. A very polite way of expressing this is that some are what are euphemistically called "low-information voters" and blame Biden for things he can't control. It's like: "I read all about the eclipse and wanted to see it but it wasn't available in my state so I am going to blame the president. It's his fault." Many of them have no idea: (1) what Biden tried to do as president and (2) why he couldn't get it.

Kirsten Mansel (23) is a liberal who wants to teach Biden a lesson because he didn't cancel student loans or protect abortion. She is willing to accept a Trump presidency to stick it to Biden because she is angry. Maybe somebody ought to tell her that Biden tried to cancel student loans but the Supreme Court, full of Republican appointees, said he didn't have the authority to do that, and nevertheless he is trying to do what he can on the interest on the loans and other things. While he or she is at it, maybe someone should tell Kirsten that only Congress can make a law making abortion legal nationwide and all Republicans oppose that, so the votes aren't there.

To Democrats, preventing our ally from doing a genocide is as unfathomable as changing the arc of the sun in the sky

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

That's right

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

The courts wouldn't dare block these common sense reforms!

Ah, well, nevertheless...

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Wilhelmine Germany was planning the genocidal colonisation of Poland before WW1. In that regard Hitler was literally just continuing existing imperialist policy.

https://twitter.com/mcinthedc/status/1778515333994676368

Bismarck set up the Prussian Settlement Commission laying the groundwork for Generalplan Ost lol

These loving people istg

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Brrrmph posted:

I can’t tell if people itt are progressive or righties anymore

I'm so far right I wrap around left due to the very famous and real horseshoe paradox

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

why not latinae

isn't that the right form anyhow

Latinayyy?

Who let the Italians in here?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I laughed so hard at this. I just figured from reading that it would be la teen X or something, like keep the first two syllables, but everyone I ever heard actually say it pronounced it like a drat superhero name

Woke gaming industry keeps coming after our faves.

Personally, I'm sick of it.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

His name is Mega Mano!!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

sullat posted:

Please, call us gringx

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Programmer Humor posted:

it's gringe now

Checks out

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

[succ] You're a robber, Mr. Gringe

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

No loving way lmao

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

bedpan posted:

well this is what he needs to do to win. will it be enough?

Narrator: It wasn't.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

bedpan posted:

someone remind me, who was elected president in 2020 and who is president right now?

Donald Trump

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

She's been good on Palestine lately, but they always reveal themselves and swing right as the election gets closer

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

There used to be that meme about how Republicans was the cop that kneeled on George Floyd, and Democrats was the cop that watched while it happened

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Since we are having a big language derail, am I the only one annoyed by all the zoomers that think ‘whilst’ is a just a fancy way to say ‘while’ and use it constantly?

Zoomers are right again

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

I don't know what whilst is supposed to be other than a fancy way to say while

The poo poo that drives me insane is when zoomers say poo poo like "unalive" and "sewerslide". that stuff is not good.

Zoomers are right here too. Y'xll are too :okboomer:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

is it bannable to tell another poster to kermit sewerslide

That'd be a hell of a user name

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

ITT we complain about euphemisms that gained common acceptance because they were thought up by people younger than us.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

An idiot: "My uncle passed away recently"

Me, a genius: "Passed away where, mother fucker? You mean he died?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://x.com/justinamash/status/1778825446441828725

lol

Thanks, Democrats