Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

World War Mammories posted:

this was all in a goldmined thread, here's where he tried it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021673&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post529063985

then on the next page willa figures out that leon edited her name out of his posts and the thread rockets into the stratosphere

holy poo poo how did i miss out on this

incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

the switcher

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

was that clip of biden talking about russia from 2022? wtf is going on with his hair there? (rather, not there)

middle picture from an animorphs cover with joe biden turning into a sea cucumber

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Wassbix posted:

I'm still not sure how Norman Finkelstein ended up debating a failed Starcraft2 player but lmao

He's just doing it for the love of the game, and the game is debate clubbing moral cowards into the loving dumpster

Modern hero really

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Anyways, everyone should listen to the absolutely insane Jolene cover. It's like if you did a cover of "Yesterday" and changed the lyrics to "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, and they still are bitch, slay. Nothing getting me down"

https://youtu.be/x9XHMK3nWr4?si=5K_QcjJKDQq09Tqj

haha god drat

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

can we get a label on joe biden's forehead that shows what percentage of his body by weight is credit card company campaign dollars

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

the youngs even say "here's how to get us to vote biden" and "it's on him if he loses, not us"

they need to be screamed into compliance with dogwater politics

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mcmagic posted:

you keep posting about me

if you want forums superstar willa to clock out id be happy to take a shift at the telling mcmagic he's dumb as gently caress factory

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i admit i dont have the same cachet but ive been reading your stupid as gently caress posts just as long as she has

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

‘I cannot afford to live’: Gen Z is full of financial angst despite inheriting a golden job market

"Gen Z is coming into the workforce and -- in the grand tradition of what Millennials cringe-ily called “adulting” -- they're complaining about how much easier older generations have had it financially," writes Allison Morrow.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/10/business/gen-zs-financial-angst/index.html

Anybody who thinks this is a great job market for an entry level worker has obviously not actually talked to anyone who is one, it's a total poo poo-show. Resumes getting dumpstered by ai-powered recruiting machinery, fake job postings, literally hundreds to thousands of applications required to actually get to the part where you talk to a human and that's if you actually have an in-demand skill. A lot of these poor fucks are just stuck at the bottom in go-nowhere service jobs and watching their rent and food costs climb every month, waiting for the axe to drop.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

World War Mammories posted:

remembering when john bolton was really horny about invading venezuela and trump got bored of the idea because he correctly identified juan guaido as a giant loser

any time john bolton eats poo poo thats a good day

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Godlessdonut posted:

He also cites white genocide when talking about the Palestinian one lmao

the problem with the liberal consensus is that it is so dumb-gently caress stupid and evil that it opens the door for tucker carlson and every other nazi gently caress to look legit by comparison

Nichael posted:

I'm purely quoting this to celebrate the rich and vibrant history of our struggles against succ.

absolutely incredible content

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

way before that post a dnd mod reached out to me & asked for solid examples of leon gaslighting me, so I provided them, after which the mod said he took it seriously & would discuss with the other mods, after which leon was appointed as a dnd mod himself, lol.

this tracks

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

this is giving biden way more credit than he deserves, he isn't a bystander to most of the awful poo poo coming to fruition under his presidency, he's been an architect of crime bills, israel policy, etc

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shageletic posted:

If you're wondering why Harvard got an F

Are they trying to water down the definition of antisemitism?

They're not trying to water it down they're trying to juice it up

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Toph Bei Fong posted:

These are the same people who think that the Japanese think Green and Blue are the same color and can't tell the difference. When they definitely can tell the difference, and they just group colors differently from us in the West.

https://ottowretling.medium.com/why-so-many-things-are-described-as-blue-in-japanese-1db0835dc046

Many other languages and cultures have the same thing.

blue herons are blue regionally though lol

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I haven't yet used it in earnest but I saw a couple different people talking about Kagi as a search engine and I was able to put in -hemingway and it actually worked.

their chatgpt clone provides citations with links for every sentence of summarized/generated text which is pretty much the only way i would ever trust gen-ai text

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SgtMongoose posted:

The whole of academic and pop history is full of “historians” who take a carefully curated selection of sources and torture them into a predetermined or otherwise asinine conclusion. They do this to justify their own sense of cultural/technological/racial/etc superiority over the backwards, primitive cultures of the past, to make some modern political point, or simply stake their claim as someone with something new and controversial to say about X and justify their position as an expert in Academia.

the virgin history vs the chad historiography

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

[provides fifty thousand bombs to a state committing genocide]

look its complicated

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It really is amazing how much more lucid and competent Biden seemed four short years ago.

Ageism, you can't keep somebody that old on uppers for that long without a break. Do better.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

It's funny that no other Speaker did the "emiritus" bullshit by the way.

"The Democratic Caucus named her "Speaker Emerita".[54][55]"

speaker for the dead emerita

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Effort is material. Birthright is ideal.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

ArmedZombie posted:

walt disney presents: brokeback mountain

it's not as good as splash mountain but at least you get wet

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

In Training posted:

a Biden W would be so rough. But that was true in 2020 and now he's commandeering a genocide so hey. Same old same old

Two genocides????

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

The Democrats got fuckin vaporized in 2016 and 4 years later they were right back in power with even more conservative leadership, making zero concessions. Can't be reformed or taken over IMO.

mainstream dems got totally outflanked by the left in nevada and the party elites responded by ripping the copper wiring out of the walls and pissing on the floor on their way out of the building https://theintercept.com/2021/03/08/nevada-democratic-party-dsa/

democrats have absolutely no intention of ever letting their progressive "wing" touch the levers of power under any circumstances and if you grab the brass ring somewhere you'll find that it was quietly hooked up to a car battery while you weren't looking

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

oh no rebecca watson is a havana syndrome truther

SAD

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

the_steve posted:

I remember having the same argument back in the bad thread.
Dumbasses straightfaced claiming that the left's inability to merely overrun the party like a horde of World War Z zombies and through sheer numbers overcome billions of dollars in lobbyist money, a multimedia empire, and the party literally changing the rules to always win is proof that they just don't want it badly enough.

They don't because if they did they'd be organizing outside the obvious trap that is the Democratic Party

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

ACLU continues their anti-worker fight as yet another Unfair Labor Practice charge gets filed after ACLU management illegally attempted to suppress worker speech (again):

https://www.nlrbedge.com/p/regional-director-finds-merit-in

wait you're telling me that dei and critical race theory are readily weaponized against workers by bosses

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fucks me up that so many real organizers under the blm umbrella just got straight up loving assassinated by the state and then we're supposed to keep a straight face when corporate hr co-opts their language

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Biden winning reelection will be much more of a mark against Americans, imo, than Trump being reelected at this point. Trump's not the one with genocide blood on his hands.

lol did we just forget about the saudi genocide against yemen or what

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

HallelujahLee posted:

obama trump and genocide joe get credit for that one

thank you blessed bipartisanship, united we stand :911:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

reminder about this lady

quote:

A member of the Council on Foreign Relations, Maher worked for UNICEF, the National Democratic Institute, the World Bank and Access Now before joining the Wikimedia Foundation. She subsequently joined the Atlantic Council and the US Department of State's Foreign Affairs Policy Board.

can't we all just come together and agree that china bad?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

quote:

But I also think that she shouldn’t have been in that position in the first place, where perhaps the entire fate of all democracy and civil rights rested on her retirement timing.

it's so unfair to [checks notes] a supreme court justice that they were responsible for [paper shuffling, reading] protecting democracy

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

literally a person with the job title "justice of the supreme court" like she's a 7 mana blue/white creature with vigilance and some kind of ridiculous spell interaction and they are whining about how unfair it was that she was expected to show good judgment and had a significant responsibility beyond her own personal high score, i loving hate these people

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

when you cummed but ducklo still embeddin'

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

as a monument to the most expensive and flashy kind of mediocre insufficiency, it's kind of perfect

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

its because obama, in his infinitely dithering ways, couldnt decide on what quote of his to put up there so they had to do all the official renderings with fake text while obama ponders the true question.

this is actually perfect

they should do a giant video billboard so they can rotate quotes because he cant decide and he's never said anything profound anyway

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The ruling class must really be getting nervous about the pro-Palestine protesting now, given that they're suspending students for having consciences.

i think its a hind-brain reflex of a dying hegemony more than elite anxiety. unable to saturate the media narrative sufficiently to make wrongthink impossible, the reflexive move is (and always has been) to go straight to punitive measures and violence if people persist.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

also that it's brutalist architecture

that's not brutalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

We must punish Iran for not taking the destruction of their consulate like a dog