Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Baba Yaga is real trustworthy with her contractor's plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

That is a pretty common diameter for exhaust fans, though most don't do 270° of bends. (http://shop.panasonic.com/home-and-...ing-insert-fans )

I feel like the "heavy gas" problem is pretty easily solvable with a portable oscillating fan.

"But as it stands, you essentially recreated the gas chambers at Auschwitz, except those had stairs to enter."

I know it's from reddit, but can we add this to the list of failed 'my nigga have you tried LSD?' goon projects? Tried to make a party bunker, ended up recreating nazi gas chambers.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Youth Decay posted:

This is a typical 1950s 4br suburban ranch floorplan

1288 sf. And yes, up unti the 60s most people lived with one bathroom in their house.

God I thought this was from that 'scary stories to tell in the dark' book, and that thing in the window was a terrifying face.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh, Steve is a new aquisition, and isn't in those old photos. Why don't you drop by and see for yourself? Come alone along! You'll have such a great time!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Youth Decay posted:

I think I found the "classy" version of that house with all the mannequins

$250k for a 5BR 4BA 6500sf house isn't bad but apparently it needs new HVAC and it's probably crumbling from the inside and riddled with asbestos.

The entire house, but that image in particular, feels like being inside a coffin with the lid closed and hearing the thud of dirt above your face.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

A lot of people don't realize that electricity is not actually solid, it's a very slow-moving liquid.

Please, what is this referring to? It's on the tip of my tongue, I swear I remember this tomfoolery.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

quote:

craigslist houseshare ad: “i have a garden growing in my shower so you have to use eco-friendly hair products. you will see worms and other insects, and you will occasionally see a spider too but they all help out the ecosystem.”

Guys.... we've had it all wrong. You put the rocks INSIDE the shower/bath area, not around it.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Is that a whale vertebrae and maybe a coyote? skull on the left there? In the garden area, not the table.

Anyone wearing high heels to a dinner party at that table must be pro as gently caress at walking through loose gravel, lest their ankles break.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

peanut posted:

Wait until it's nearly done to crash a drone carrying a payload of molotovs and additional gasoline.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I want to place money it's a house of leaves and it will start growing rooms and hallways. the longer you stay. If you go, don't forget a handful of quarters for dropping down cliffs and very strong balls of yarn.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I love that beetlejuice bathroom so much it's dumb as hell and so awfully ugly :3:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

That house reminds me of old Young Adult book covers. Especially if it's a coming of age, totally average and ordinary girl's adventure with magic and a strange boy who may or may not be an Elf that wants to whisk her away to Fairy Land where she could live happily ever after. Bonus points for a potential divorce sub plot that's cured by the girl somehow.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'd assume that thermostat is for show and it's controlled by management. I think a friend lived in a building like that. He always bitched and moaned that it was too drat cold because they never turned on the heat.

Edit: to answer your second question: to make the tenants feel like they are in control of the heating in their apartment. I assume this largely works via placebo, but you are too powerful to be controlled by such means.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

shortspecialbus posted:

Is that what those are? I thought they were small pastries.

Pastries are smaller. Those are dildos with cartoon stink lines.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Ashcans posted:

That light fixture also makes it look like it's intended to go somewhere.

Liquid Communism posted:

Probably a copy-paste job while laying out the neighborhood of townhomes that the builder shrugged and went with.

You're both very silly. It's obviously for vampire homeowners.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

STealing this from the 'POS

It's like an abandoned amusement park building but it was never really finished and kind of feels like it's pre emptively abandoned!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Doesn't look like anything to me.

When in doubt, it's loss.jpeg. Or it's the bricks behind the window that are on the inside of the building.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

schmug posted:

Definitely not my taste; not very much of it anyways, but that is a far cry from a McMansion. Some of it is actually not bad.

This is something though for sure.

This looks like a temporary dwelling place/office for hurricane refugees. I half expect stacks of bottled water just out of sight from the camera.

I think I posted an article about it in the PYF Long Articles thread, but this house seriously looks styled after a hotel. Just like all the other mcmansions are styled after generic, instagram friendly fashions, this place seem so inhospitable and temporary, like you're not meant to live there for more than a week, maximum. This is a goddamn hotel not a home.

Wait I found the article: https://www.theverge.com/2016/8/3/12325104/airbnb-aesthetic-global-minimalism-startup-gentrification

Ashcans posted:

I wasn't joking, I am 90% sure they've covered that place in gross fake leather wallpaper. It's exactly the sort of thing someone would do because they wanted to ape some 17th century family home, which also goes with the insane turret design.

:mad: they couldn't have make the turrets be real but super small rooms like a Real Castle! The younger value-brand cereal is so disappointed in them!!!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I like the tile job. Satisfies my rational and logical biological urges to have rocks near where I piss and bathe.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Hopefully you like beer, too.

I genuinely thought that through the window was a room full of Japanese styled hot tubs.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Hey, do you guys want to see a house specifically designed to hate and loathe disabled people and people who use walkers / wheelchairs? That's marketed to lengthen your lifespan? Oh boy! It's call the Bioscleave house, and some of you probably have heard of it already. Have some pictures.

https://bhshamptons.com/east-hampton-ny-4-bedroom-home-for-sale-106534-10411122/

quote:

Arakawa and Gins both passed away in recent years. In a 2008 New York Times interview, Gins said, “They ought to build hospitals like this.”

This has the floor plan in it:
https://architizer.com/projects/bioscleave-house-lifespan-extending-villa/

This is the kitchen btw:

You have to walk over bumpy concrete(?) to get to it.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

Forget the wall, what's going on behind this door?

Are Marble Hornet spin offs still a thing? Because this feels like a screencap of a youtube video that's about some young college aged kids being stalked by Slenderman, so they holed up in an abandoned house. Or no, one of of them woke up in this abandoned house in the middle of the woods, and when they walk outside there's bags of leaky red stuff and yarn dollies hanging from the tree branches.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Rate these stairs, thread:

Visualization by Andrii Ortynskyi

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

GotLag posted:

I'm taking this to mean it's a CAD render, which is why the glass isn't broken or popped out from someone putting weight on a step.

Perhaps. I glanced at their behanced page but I'm on mobile and I'm not sure if it's a render or never utilized stairs.

In any case, I give it a 5/10. It could kill me, but lacks stylish red LEDs and the ominous accessories like a pit right below it, or being right next to a large second story window.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

MagusofStars posted:

My first thought based on the wall of windows, building shape, and pools is that it was originally a LA fitness that someone converted into a house.

Mine was that this is a low budget version of the space station from that Prey videogame. Be careful going around the corners, you might see a black smoke monster! ...or a human cult member. If it were for all the windows, it could easily be an underground bunker for some offshoot of a mormon cult. Altman be praised!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

If any of you have $800K and an interest in restoration, one of the Ringling's mansions in Oak Ridge, NJ is up for sale. Really interesting looking place, but years of semi-neglect have taken their toll.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2-Manor-Dr_Oak-Ridge_NJ_07438_M50993-71274
https://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2018/08/historic_nj_mansion_built_by_circus_tycoon_on_the_market_but_not_for_peanuts.html

That fireplace is sexy. I want lean against it while plotting dastardly clown themed crimes. The love of my life and partner in crime can perch on the crimson leather sofa, eyes twinkling at the thought of robbing the poo poo out of the rich. I wish there were more photos of the inside.

Someone buy that place with me. 18 bedrooms, we can fit.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

kid sinister posted:

I'll never understand why people do this.

What's the problem? :confused: See when I get out of the shower and towel myself cry, I'm clean as gently caress so the towel only gets cleaner!! Same goes for the carpet!!! :downs: Also man, we should really rename that final smiley to something less... bullyish, perhaps.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

A previous tenant in an old apartment of mine put some rubberized/textured wall paper in the bathroom that held up for at least the 5 years I lived there. I wasn't even aware that it wasn't standard until I saw someone else's apartment.

That was the previous tenant's cum, op. I hope you didn't touch or lick it.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Youth Decay posted:

Stained concrete works as flooring in an industrial-rehab apartment. It does not work in a 1980s contemporary house.

Also: tin backsplash?

What the christ is this.

Puss in Boots, cop badge, yellow speedy car. Flowers!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Dirk Gently

Dave Firmly.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Just wanted to point out they put three circle windows in the center of the house, fulfilling symmetry yet shoving the door to the side in some terrible crime against nature.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Javid posted:

That's one where I just want to understand how that came about? The size of everything else suggests it's not some radical micro-apartment concept, it looks like a house, so what the gently caress?

It's a poop fetish, op.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

What an adventure, to climb that staircase! Will my high heels land on a tiny triangle of even and flat stepping area, or will I step on the large rounded edges, sliding backwards and falling to my death? I'm sure it's a lousy photo, but that's a lousy staircase.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

HAPPINESS is a
KITCHEN full of
~~~--~~~~-
zzzxxzzxxxxxz
SMILES

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Legit thought the dark tiles in the center were lights so that you had a beam of light blasting your retinas with every step.

Synthbuttrange posted:

my fave detail is the step that's pressed right against the ceiling

Hell, same, for the reason that it looks slight shorter than the rest of the steps and will absolutely surprise and throw you off balance the first few times you encounter it.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

gently caress's sake Elon what is this, a hab dome for ants? It needs to be at least twice this size to seed Mars with the human race!

Please. In silicon valley you can fit at least four cots in there and rent each of them out for a few thousand a month on air bnb dot com. (Utilities and the like absolutely not included, but you may use the water spout in the garden for showering for 99 cents per minute if you provide your own hose.)

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Grandpaw's ol' fleshlight looking rough.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

peanut posted:

Meanwhile shipping containers are already square, stackable, not concrete, and available to purchase.
My idea to increase Silicon Valley housing is to stack techbro container studios under the highways. Please, somebody...

Also they're already primed with things like lethal pesticide residue and other cancer/death causing material! It's a win win! [Because techbros will undoubtably live in them and die, and there will be fewer techbros in the world!]

frodnonnag posted:

Why are there loving guard/sniper towers?

Those are clearly boxing rings.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Post pics of the indestructible bed.

Nthed. Dahir inshaat is somewhere salivating at the thought of an indestructible bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Not just any electric stove, it's the worst electric stove, frequently forced upon people with little choice in the matter.

drat. The stove fandom have shown up. Quick everyone, post your opinions on favorite stovetop burner placements. I use all of them, but generally the left front burner gets the most use from boiling water for tea.