Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Has Israel ever said anything like this before as a bluff? Or maybe they'll talk big then go in and just declare victory after a few days? They can't be serious about doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

fits my needs posted:

wow you're right maybe they're just joking

That's seems unlikely. Why would they joke about that? They don't care about Palestinians but the issue is the region wide war it may start. It doesn't seem like a smart move.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Atrocious Joe posted:

annoying formatting courtesy of the original

(from t.me/PalestineResist/14649, via tgsa)

That's what I was curious about thanks. Obviously I know that Israel can't keep concentrating them tighter and tighter every year forever. One of these days Israel will actually push them all into the sea in a mass genocide. It just feels different this time, like this may be it .

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

kaxman posted:

lol it's at least 3ft tall, it's a truck tire and it weighs more than 30lb also the point is it's not going to loving tip over while it's spinning

I work in heavy industry and have done that too. They're right, and you're wrong. Also do you think 30 pounds is heavy? Get up from the posting station and lift something besides a mouse.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

we know this and thats why we post death to israel constantly. don't post descriptions of weird gore poo poo you watched it doesn't help anyone. its in the thread rules.

This only ever helps the oppressor. " don't look at the crimes being committed, don't describe them, let them be abstractions because uh uh uh... It's bad for you! Yeah that's it! It's weird!". Also lol at whining about the rules. Did you come from dnd?

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

text editor posted:

He also said we can back two separate wars and defended it with something like "we're the United States, come on" when anyone paying attention knows both Israel and US dug into their armor lies for Ukraine, then had to start giving Ukraine old unused cluster munitions instead, then complained how Russia was out producing them 7 to 1 on artillery.

He's just doing statesman poo poo. Behind the scenes, the US probably can't back a war past a certain point and the state department is making GBS threads themselves over this spiraling into a regional thing that will overwhelm our capacity

It second up before I. The U/R thread and of course the US will lose WWIII thread, but I think the US doesn't have quite the war fighting capability we pretend to thanks to neoliberal rot and grift

The people in charge have swallowed their own propaganda. I wonder if Israel bothered to consult with the US before starting this operation, or if they just assumed Uncle Sam could easily keep them topped off on missiles and artillery.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
We were all raised in the soup of propaganda that constantly bombards us. If you have a friend or family member that supports Israel at this point they either want to be lied to or they are remarkably stupid. I know it's hard to dump a friend but you don't want to be around that kinda lunatic.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Some of you seem to be suffering from the "is - ought" problem. FF explaining exactly how Israel is lying about the bombing isn't the same as him trying to prove they are lying. Discussing the details of how Israeli propaganda works isn't the same as trying to prove it's propaganda. Everyone here knows Israel bombed the hospital and that they also have no intention of actually letting aid thru. We might as well examine the details of how the horrible machine works because there isn't really much else to do.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Just in case I'll go ahead and stake out Biden croaking right in the middle of this speech.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Lord, I've never asked for much . ...

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Zodium posted:

book posting is blessed

I'm going to see if I can find a book that discusses whether a draft makes sense in a US - Iran nuclear war

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Since all the tenders have been decommissioned, do those destroyers have to travel back to base to reload?

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Real Mean Queen posted:

I think I missed this, do you mean the little boats you use to move things to and from the big boats? Where'd those go?

Scrap yard

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
[/quote]

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

The people in charge are finally going to try to put an end to this poo poo. Not because it's wrong but because it's bad for business.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

I know this is all silly and nonsense, but shouldn't they want the sperm of the soldiers that didn't get killed?

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
If the tank commander used his fancy helmet to see a guy crawling up from behind with an RPG, what then? Does the tank have a machine gun? Do you try to pick off individual fighters with the main turret?

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Bring back the punt gun for anti drone warfare.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
So what's the smart move for Hezbollah then? If they wait it's looking like the Americans may withdraw support and force a cease fire. If they fully declare war that might bring America back in and garner worldwide support for Israel. An actual cease fire would immediately stop the bombing and maybe they can get some supplies into Gaza. On the other hand Israel will regroup and try again down the road, now may be the best time to force some kind of a change.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Has anyone done the math on how many days until Israel has literally no tanks left if this continues? It is bizarre watching a military do this.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

DancingShade posted:

I was trying to write a joke about a guy in bed explaining to his missus that Hamas hacked his dick and gave him ED but couldn't make it work.

Much like some of those iron dome missiles.

Iron dome is an incredible name for ones dick .

I mean it would be if it worked.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Actual civil war within Israel doesn't seem unlikely from the looks of it, and it'll also be the funniest thing if Israel declares war on literally everyone around them including themselves.

At this point I think they could find a way for both sides to lose a civil war.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Staff Sergeant.

Calibanibal takes notes you hack this is how it's done.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Zokari posted:

what's up with people asking permission to put that guy on their ignore list

You can't ignore mods (or IKs?)

As for why, it's because they're practicing their standup routine in a thread about an ongoing genocide. It's bizarre that it's allowed.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Ba5ic posted:

add to the list of things FF isn't allowed to post about : women and whatever the gently caress this post was

The post appears to be about non Jewish Russians and South Africans who go to Israel and try to convert so they can go be settlers and steal Palestinian land. Jokes on them however, because when they die the Israeli state is saying they're not really Jews and can't be buried in a Jewish cemetery. I may be misunderstanding but I don't see what was wrong with that post.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

The Archaic posted:

It's the Saving Private Ryan beach scene but the medics are frantically jerking off dead soldiers

I'm getting tired of all this antisemenism.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Ardennes posted:

" I guess they really couldn't believe that Hamas had been building their own network.

100%. Supremacists of any stripe are terrible at threat assessment, because they regard everyone else as inferior. Of course Hamas couldn't create their own complexes. Therefore, logically, they are using the ones Israel built and left behind.

I mean of course taking out hospitals is part of the ethnic cleaning plan, but Israel seems to have also bought it's own propaganda about a Hamas command center there, which Is wild.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Sancho Banana posted:

Alright, by now, the IDF stealing corpses isn't a one-off thing, it's a pattern. What the hell are they doing?

Resident evil bio soldiers but it's just another vaporware grift

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Strep Vote posted:

"shielding" us from stuff shown on mainstream Arab media in the name of our mental health is some patronizing Western bullshit

It's this. There's no justification for it and that's fine. The people that run the website personally don't like it, and that's ok. The mods should just say that and let it be dropped.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Al! posted:

i think the internalized logic goes: the hated enemy are stupid mindless animals, so if you got ganked by one thats because you were dumber than a beast

I believe it's also why they hate the hostages. The fascist aesthetic of strength demands that they hate any perceived weakness, even among their own people.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
I don't understand something like openly walking in front of windows in a war zone, unless it's just the death drive of a fascist society. Surely even the most racist IDF soldiers are aware by now that they're facing a hyper competent enemy.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Death By The Blues posted:

Part of me has a feeling that the "strategic withdrawal" in Gaza is so that they can shore up defences in the north against Lebanon cause you can't say you are stepping down operations then drone strike a Hezbollah leader. They will also probably step up air strikes again in Gaza while antagonizing Lebanon.

This seems right. Stop offensive operations in Gaza and use the manpower to protect the north.

It's still so incredibly arrogant, like Israel can just say "welp we're done now". I wonder if Hamas has any appetite to raid Israel proper again.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

OhFunny posted:

The carrier USS Eisenhower is there. Planes from it shot down some of the drones. I have no idea what the depletion rate is of plane based weaponry.

Nevermind the weapons. I wonder if simply launching and flying the jets cost more than drones they were sent against.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
I pause for a moment and take a look at my society which is about to be crippled because shipping times and rates have been raised slightly. "Hmm yes. Definitely can handle a world war right now. Better piss on everyone that isn't Europe."

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
If we're still having this discussion, fascism, by definition of what it is, co-opts and steals from other movements. It insinuates itself into a society. Nazi fascism looks a certain way because, as phillipachtel said, it was a perversion of communism. Modern American and Israeli fascism is a little different, because the "host" that the fascist ideology is invading is different. Exactly how the differences between early 19th century European empires and the modern American empire has influenced the differences between Nazis and modern America or Israel would have to be answered by someone more informed

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
God willing a carrier will be sunk this year, and when my family is working itself up into a frothing rage I'll look em in the eye and say that we absolutely deserved it.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
This temporary port is some real sicko poo poo. Everyone would be right to distrust this, so when it gets attacked the US can claim the moral high ground and have an excuse to engage Hamas directly.

Even if this is really intended to deliver aid, it's grotesque for the US to pat itself on the back for feeding the people that they're helping genocide.

Oh I just saw about the gas field. Of course. We gotta pump that out before our vassal self destructs.

Fell Mood has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Mar 8, 2024

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Jel Shaker posted:

loved the neo-FF text dump but the only thing i can’t shake is that whereas protest did seem to move the needle with the german nazis, there are lots of protests going on with the hostage families right now in israel and that’s not seeming to change anything, if anything they targeted the hostages even more

It could be the situations are too different to compare because of differences in the sources of legitimacy. The Nazis were ultimately beholden to the German people and had no outside sources of support. The Israeli govt is split between being beholden to it's people as well as the US, and more importantly gets massive support from the US. With such incredible outside support, Israel may be able to keep going even in defiance of it's own people, at least until the civil war starts.

I may be completely wrong tho. Going back to that long post, which I would summarize as "even a dictatorship can only operate with the consent of the governed" , I think that despite the protests there must be many more Israelis who just don't give a drat about the hostages.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Congratulations to the IDF for finally winning a fight. A brave victory over (squints at notes) international aid agencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
America using Iran to discipline it's unruly vassal is... smart maybe? I'm not sure.