Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

I still can't get over the fact that the steel balls aren't even Stand abilities, nor any other sort of special power. Some people just came up with a method to do magic through creative application of Boules skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

I can deal with Gyro dying, but the kid he was trying to save dying of a cold was just unnecessary.

Honestly, he hadn't been trying to save that kid for at least half of the race by that point; he wasn't even all that concerned with winning the race anymore because stopping Valentine was self-evidently much more important. My impression was that this ridiculously pointless death was a self-ironic tying-up of a dangling plot thread left from the first third of SBR, which blatantly had a different plot than the last two thirds.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

YggiDee posted:

https://twitter.com/Herzspalter/status/1150885917672005632?s=19

The artist draws spoil-y stuff so I won't link it in the anime thread but I like it so here you go.

This shouldn't get buried by the new chapter, since the artist is really extremely good.

Also relevant:
https://twitter.com/Herzspalter/status/1145102722775040005

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Darko posted:

Nobody told Jotaro about them or else Stone Ocean would have lasted until he got to the jail, maybe.

Looking forward to the grand series finale in Part 9 where, after the timelines got merged somehow, DIO implants his head on the Holy Corpse, uses the Rokakaka to fuse with Kars and brings out his Stand 「Made in Heaven Bites the Dust Requiem」.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

The Boom Boom's say that someone from Italy put the bouny of Gyro and I guess I always thought that was Wekapipo, but it was probably Oyecomova?

i like mine better

I always assumed that at the time of writing some as-of-yet unknown villain was supposed to be behind the bounty, but that fell to the wayside when Araki decided to drastically change the plot after the Oyecomova fight. It's significant that after that point Gyro's entire original motivation gradually stops mattering even to him.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope it's named after an 89-Year old band.

"No matter where you go, you cannot escape the effect of my Stand,「Cab Calloway And His Orchestra」"

One issue with this revelation is that the Head Doctor apparently does exist as an actual person, unless the power of his Stand also includes giving lectures on new medical treatments.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
https://twitter.com/AnyaVolz/status/1267992611849228288
(The reason why this is funny in this context involves Stone Ocean spoilers)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

rko posted:

I personally think there is no possible way Tooru is going to end up being the main villain though, and it would be the sourest possible note Araki could end the part on.
After this chapter I doubt it, too, mostly because we now know for a fact what Tooru's motivation is: He has set this whole long race for the New Rokakaka in motion because he wants to... sell it to some random rich people for fat rolls of cash. Which is admittedly a motivation that fits his character, but it's not really Jojo's-main-villain material, especially with the whole quasi-mythic importance implied for the New Rokakaka.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

i know there's a lot of interpretations people can make if they want but there's literally no scenario where jojolion isn't at like an absolute bare minimum 80-85% done at this point, and that's handily allowing for cato to pop in at some point here soon
Yeah, the build-up to the New Rokakaka harvest is a bit much for just another in-between miniclimax. When that countdown hits zero, something decisive is going to happen, though it doesn't have to be the final battle (and it doesn't necessarily have to involve Tooru; there's enough other options for people who could end up with a Rokakaka-upgrade).

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

RatHat posted:

I'm guessing Josuke will somehow reverse the flow of calamity or something and the door will hit Tooru instead.
Oh my goodness, will he rules-lawyer the Stand's effect by somehow getting Tooru to pursue himself? That would be wonderful.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

Wait, she died? When did this happen?
At the beginning of chapter 104. It shows her Stand crumbling, so she's most likely dead. It's kind of easy to miss, though, because none of the characters really reacts to it in any way.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
This is seriously impressive. The story also seems to be shaping up nicely, and I like the character designs a lot (especially the guy with the bat(?) who I'm going to assume might possibly be from the US).

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Grouchio posted:

(Ai Fairouz)
Good on them that they got a JoJo character to voice a JoJo character.
(But seriously, holy poo poo that is some style. Especially the saber hilt high-heels)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

I dunno about disappointing, but it felt almost rushed. Ironically after ages of what seemed to be things moving at the pace of a snail.
It's been mentioned earlier, but it also just feels kind of unearned, despite the grueling battle and the many sacrifices that were necessary to get here. Jousuke had already tricked Tooru into pursuing him, which was a good setup, but Tooru wasn't really affected by that in the end, and then Jousuke won by suddenly getting the ability to shoot Tooru with a magical gun because something something stand upgrade.

overmind2000 posted:

Also the only way the scene in the future where everything is normal still happens is if killing Tooru reverses every calamity he's ever caused
Now that Araki brought Kaato back, I'm mostly confident that he won't just leave that flash-forward scene as a dangling plot thread. Though I mostly hope that that will be the case; everything regarding Tsurugi is still completely unresolved, and it wouldn't be great if that part of the plot just concluded with "And then Tsurugi died of rock cancer, The End."

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

you want me to whip out another rock insect to slow down the fight for another chap, say no more fam.
Honestly, without the rock insects the fight would've probably been fine.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Jobin will live on through his beetle that has also secretly been a rock insect this entire time.
"One morning, as Jobin Higashikata was waking up from being dead, he discovered that he had been changed into a lovely tiny bug."

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I'm hoping that Tsurugi somehow got partially fused with Jesus because then his evolved Stand could be named King of Kings. There's at least one song with that title :v:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Patware posted:

it's VERY powerful stuff, CKB's in my toplist because the stakes are so weird
My favourite part is when Norisuke spots them in bed, swears bloody murder on Gappy... and then quietly leaves without disturbing them. I'm not sure it's even intentional, but it says so much about Norisuke as a character.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Nice!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
That's actually really good.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Being able to simply shoot a Stand is the perfect example of an ability that doesn't sound spectacular, but is actually ridiculously powerful.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I just wanted Kira's stand to be Parliament and Josefumi's to be Funkadelic
I hope we'll one day get two Stand users named Bachman and Turner who have a shared Stand called Overdrive.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 25, 2022

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

zetamind2000 posted:

Amazing that Josuke managed to not tell Jotaro about any of this considering that it's one week before Part 4
With all the memory shenanigans already happening, I fully expect Josuke to get memory-wiped at the end.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

No Dignity posted:

He's going to fighthave a furry Stand

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
https://twitter.com/LachesisPsysucc/status/1626306349612113920

The assault stuff definitely wasn't great, even if it has more than just cheap shock value. There's a clear purpose in depicting the police like that in a story about people who do illegal stuff so that they can have a decent life, but as a first impression it still feels a bit crass to me.

No complaints about Dragona, though; instant potential for favourite JoJo protagonist, this might be amazing (or horrible, but I'm holding out hope for the former). Araki's constant experimentation with his characters' gender expression is finally becoming explicit. Definitely looking forward to Be Gay Do Crimes combined with Fucker Joestar's Bizarre Adventure.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

also i love the fact that this grown rear end woman with the generic rear end american name BARBARA ANN called her kids Dragona and Jodio
Looking at her newborn child: "Yeah, that's a Jodio for sure."

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Jorge Joestar summary posted:

The odd-numbered chapters of the novel depict the life stories of George Joestar II and Lisa Lisa from 1900 to 1920, showcasing their development from children into adults. [...] The even-numbered chapters are set in 2012 after thirty-six universal resets, taking place in the 37th universe.
------------
Their family later moves to England, eventually leading to George becoming the prime suspect in a murder case of one of his friends. As he grows up, George joins the Royal Air Force and marries Elizabeth. However, their wedding is threatened by a zombie invasion. Throughout his life, George makes new friends, such as...
------------
Moreover, George sees a swarm of 920,000 flying Antonios surrounding Great Britain planning to help their mysterious boss take over the country.
Did not disappoint.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Nessus posted:

Rohan Kishibe shot his car into space?

Rohan Kishibe wants to go to Mars?
"I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Josuke: Space!!"

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Hey now, let's not jump to conclusions, Rohan could be into it.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Dragonwagon posted:

Diamond is Untakeable
Diamond Is Not Cash

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I would genuinely love to do crimes hang out with Dragona because they seem like an incredibly interesting person, but unfortunately Jodio would probably insist on tagging along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Usagi would make fun of Josuke's hair whenever they meet, get pummelled into a pulp every single time, and still keep doing it. He would somehow make a handsome profit from that.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 20, 2023