Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
What Generation they are in also determines where the King is.

The oldest generation has it as the first part of the name. The king is the second part of the name for the middle generation, and Tsurugi as the youngest generation has it as the third part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Expect My Mom posted:

That kinda falls apart with Mitsuba and Hato, and only with Mistuba can you say it's because she's only married into the family.

We also don't know what Cato's Stand is or does or is called other than it has some D4C like abilities but for objects

It's still the second part with Mitsuba and Hata. AwaKing and WalKing, instead of starting with King.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Clubs suit is called the Clover suit in a lot of places.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't really see how Epitaph will save you from poison as long as the onset time is greater than about 30 seconds.

Maybe he could skip the point were the poison causes him to die.

Anyway poisoning him would be hard cause he tries to remain as secret as possible.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ojiro can't be calling the hospital director.
We know who he is calling.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

hatty posted:

Am I reading it wrong or is Tsurugi getting some time skipping power? Maybe I’m an idiot but is he able to transport things to wherever they’re supposed to end like a half baked King Crimson?

He can make them see things as other things.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Maybe there is some way out of the loop, but it's unlikely that Diavolo will figure it out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BaDandy posted:

I'll just say it here because Spoilers, but it's so wild to me that Dr. Ferdinand's respect spiel is basically a precursor to the Napkin Speech.

I am shocked that he only showed up for one chapter. I thought he was around longer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FirstAidKite posted:

No, you're remembering correctly. He disappeared and out came someone much more fit and athletic and not so frumpy and round.

What I am curious about is if all those people near him with similar hair in the early parts of SBR were just other universe versions of himself he was hanging out with or if they were just copying his hairstyle :v:

Those guys were around in the later parts too. They died by getting shot and impaling an eye on a doorknob. One of them constantly talked about Winter Catfish.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

Valentine legit changes from chubster to insanely jacked guy over one scene as he's menacing Lucy in his mansion. There's no alternate reality shenanigans, it's just Araki playing the Tamani stature thing for drama, you can go look it up.

I thought he changed after he went through a chair after being stabbed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wait for Fire Force's second season then we will probably get it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Technowolf posted:

My only problem with GD&BB is the pseudo-scientific reason Araki gave for Grateful Dead not affecting Trish as much as the guys.

Well it's true but the difference is super miniscule. But that miniscule difference was just what Grateful Dead was using for targeting, as he did not want to kill Trish. Presumably if he just wanted to kill everyone on the train he would have targeted everyone no matter the slight difference in heat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BaDandy posted:

N'Doul? Angelo? Does N'Doul count or is his stand just made of water?

His stand is just made of water.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Angry_Ed posted:

--Stealing multiple phones because the first one broke.

Also showing even he forgets about his powers sometimes he could have fixed the phone.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Here's a piece he did for the olympics:

Paralympics to be exact.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Lets not forget how he murdered that reporter by retroactively convincing him that he was pursuing him, thus causing him to die from an event the doctor made up that is possibly feasible.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JOHN CENA posted:

we're not near the endgame yet we haven't had time and space hosed with

Doctor has messed with Time and Reality. Retroactively killing a man.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah don't bail on the Fourms yet as the Mods and Admin's are working on a solution.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
three times I think.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

The only main villain who isn't a complete monster is Pucci, everyone else is just the worst in their own unique way

Pucci is pretty bad. The fact that he is incapable of recognizing his evil, I think makes him worse.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

I've heard that, but Hey-Ya clearly can see causality to some degree as it tells Poccoloco about things like the Cow's corpse or the exact timing of the blizzard which are things Poccoloco could not have known beforehand.

Yeah that would fall under the gives advice part.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ryaomon posted:

Just from that trailer (and knowing way too much about voice actors) I'm fairly certain that's Todd Haberkorn.

It's apparently Andy Richter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly Pucci only gets as far as he did, because he is luckier then the guy whose name means Lucky Shadow Killer.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 6, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should be noted the Valentine fight was similarly long.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FirstAidKite posted:

This poo poo just makes me want to see a proper comeuppance since literally everything that is happening is jobin's fault

Well Kaato was also a bad influence.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't think she is totally blind. I recall that she can see some things.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Jobin really jobbed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm legitimately curious how much of this was planned and how much, if at all, was a result of Araki just being afraid of not finishing it.

He may have just changed his mind about things cause he wanted Jousuke and Yasuho to be happy. He's made emotional judgement calls before.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have to admit the duo of Jouske and Hol Horse is not one I imagined.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For the next part villain. I hope we meet them and know who they are before the final arc. Like we only meet Tooru for the first time in the middle of the Dr Wu fight.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 18, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Baron La Croix posted:

Mamezuku, Tooru, Cato, Jobin, and Kei all died within the span of five chapters and none of their deaths felt particularly notable. Jojolion's definitely going to go down as the most frustrating part.

Jobin died way faster then that. He died 10 chapters before the end of the Wonder of U fight.

Wonder of U was a really cool stand, to the point it outshone it's own user.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 18, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pigbuster posted:

Typing that out made me realize how its even more annoying that he got merked by Tooru because theoretically his power is a great counter - you don't need to pursue him at all, just lay some heat point mines down for the old man to step on. But then Akefu would probably say "oh? Are you putting mines down? Are not mines a form of weaponry intended for controlling territory, and thus encroaching closer to the space I control which could be described as pursuing me?"

Tooru your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

Honestly it was amusing he could convince you that you were pursuing him and retroactively kill you.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

Can anyone tell if that's old art that's been repurposed or is this the grand return of SDC Josuke?

It is, and he is teaming up with Hol Horse for the pairing I never would have expected but am totally here for.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

I'm just happy to see he's stil getting work, I took his particular 'forced to retire' as 'yep he just shot his loving head off'

The chapter confirmed he was alive right after. When the medics were taking him away, they stated the bullets only grazed his temple and he got very lucky. (Not knowing about the bad luck of him shooting himself.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

hatty posted:

I thought the bullets vanished once he went unconscious so they didn’t reach his brain. Anyway Josuke is here now so he can shoot himself as much as he wants

No that's Mista he's the one who keeps getting shot by his own bullets.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On part 8’s long final battle. I think the Funny Valentine battle was longer was it not?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also don't know if GER could beat Wonder of U as it's passive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I understand why, but I can't see it as a full on downer ending myself. Granted, I wouldn't call it a happy ending either.

I wouldn't call McQueen "harmless fun" considering everyone thinks he's a dick for trying to drag someone down with him.

McQueen is not even a stalker, he's a thief. And it appears that his suicidal tendencies where ramped up by him losing his memories.

McQueen does not even know that him killing himself will kill Ermes until she tells him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NyaNyaMeister posted:

yeah, the whole debate about his race/ethnicity.

He’s Sicilian Italian if I recall correctly. The residents tend to have darker skin in that part of the country.