Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I can't believe I fell for the Thunder Cross Split Attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Not surprised since obviously they're gonna make use of all those EoH characters they have available.

The interesting part is they confirmed a Season Pass with 4 more characters, and there's still a bunch to reveal. Abaccio could actually work in ASB, have Moody Blues repeat combos you set up and done.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The trailer has six remaining blank spaces, but we know from promo material Trish and Prosciutto are in so they're probably 2 of the spaces, leaving 4.

From EoH there's 5 non-"clones" remaining: Stroheim, N'Doul, Yukako, Weather Report and Joshu. Meaning the 4 last spaces could all be returning characters (N'Doul does have a history of being unimplmeneted on straight fighters...). They could replace one of them with a new character but not so sure about that when they have these models and anims ready.

Hell, if we count Part 4 Jotaro, Alternate Diego and suppose Baoh comes back we could have theoretically 0 new characters besides Ham Guy even with the season pass.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I still can’t believe the way Jojolion ended. I’m really hoping Jojolands is more of a direct sequel than usual, cause Jojolion felt like it still needed one more arc.

It probably will be. Part 1 didn't explain the true origin of the Stone mask, Part 3 didn't explain the true origin of the arrows (as dumb as it was) and part 7 didn't fully develop the whole curse-blessing concept besides Love Train.

Jojolands should be a more direct sequel in that case though.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Joshu sucks so much not even his haters can remember his name.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Bad Seafood posted:

We already know every possible Valentine shares the same stand. If they keep him they can include some throwaway line about an assassination attempt, "Mr. President, I thought you were dead!" "Never better, actually," and turn it into foreshadowing.

Then when they reveal his powers later, the anime thread can go tinfoil hat crazy.

Iirc they don't? It's just that D4C lets Prime!Valentine take over a parallel self if he gets mortally wounded. D4C exists only in the prime dimension like the Holy Corpse.

No Dignity posted:

No, he is not! His build changes without any given explanation during the scene where he gets rapey with Lucy, it actually has nothing to do alternate reality bodies even though everyone remembers it that way

It's probably just a design change ala Hazamada and Tamaki.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Toru, Kira, and Diavolo all just wanted to live quiet lives. Kira works because it was so he could murder women without raising suspicion. Diavolo does not work because living a quiet life and not being observed doesn't make sense for a mob boss. Toru wanted to live a quiet life while also living as an 89 year old hospital director while also researching a magical fruit infused with the power of the body of God made into a Man in the form of Christ our Savior. This somehow still works more than Diavolo.

Not really? Diavolo wanted to have all the power and none of the consequences, that's literally what King Crimson does. Hiding his identity was just so nobody could ever do anything to him.

Tooru wanted to get rich and maybe make Rock Humans the dominant species? And creep on Yashuo, that one for sure.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Bisse posted:

like let's forget about Trish's dinosaur foot print its a softener stand now
I mean, ground could look like that if made soft, Araki probably had in mind the power for Spice Girl but he refined how the affected objects work (or ground gets melted if softened since it's much thicker than other objects)

Bisse posted:

we have another Mirror stand (didn't we say this specific stand was impossible earlier?)
Yes, becaise Kakyoin is objectively an absolute authority on Stand powers and not just that he didn't know. (Also the point was that they shouldn't be able to hurt people through the reflection, and Man of the Mirror still applies that!)

Bisse posted:

- Giorno turned out cool in the end but feels so randomly written. He kept saying he has a dream and then what happened to it? Was his dream just to Kill Some Diavolo and tadaa? And in terms of character he was a wooden plank with a JoJo face drawn on it.
He wanted to be a cool Gangster because he admired the dude who helped improve his life after Giorno saved his. And he wanted to kill Diavolo because he sold drugs to kids and that's not cool in Giorno's eyes. Also he gets to be boss just because that's how mafia works. Also somethong something kono Dio da.

I do agree with you that part 5 has some great stuff but it's one of the messiest. And Diavolo/Doppio are a great duo!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Are people forgetting that Ireneverse and SBRverse can't literally be the same universe just from the family changes alone?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Tooru would fit more as a boss minigame, his ability is made for it. You try and chase the 89-years old doctor and have to dodge everything that deals massive damage if it touches you. If you reach him he bricks your console/PC, truly the greatest Calamity.

Edit: On a more serious note, haven't all the new characters been NPCs that had models on EoH but weren't playable? Cause I smell those are gonna be the ones who get in first, not characters like Tooru who has no model already done.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 9, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

We've been talking a lot about part 8 (which fair given it has 1 character, 2 if they port Joshu) but I'd like some part 7 love too. Hot Pants melting the enemy, Blackmore doing sick aerial combos, Axl ROSE dealing more damage the more disconnects the opponent has.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thought Pucci already had C-Moon.

They reworked Pucci to only use Whitesnake with new specials and such. Probably not to spoil the last arc of the Stone Ocean anime (despite the game already spoiling Part 7's endgame).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Ringo would be a real interesting (and likely) dlc character

idk, him being the only character with rollback would be unfair to everyone else :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I need to know if Araki knows Spanish, naming the most "jerkass" protagonist Fucker Joestar can't be a coincidence.

It probably is but one can dream

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Elite posted:

The funniest thing about that chapter is how Rohan doesn’t care that his shadow self shacked up with a crazy stalker with a pet crocodile, but is instead super mad that his alternate self Compromised His Artistic Integrity.

Truly, peak Rohan.

Personally the best part for me is his efforts to undo the doppleganger's actions were mostly in vain because it was the editor who changed the design and lied to his face about him being the one who did it. They deserve each other.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh. Oh!

Those dog pictures are from Bakin, Rohan's dog from the latest Thus Spoke chapters. Which means either Rohan is actually in his mid 50s and has the dog in both universes or those chapters were set in the SBRverse all along.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

WrightOfWay posted:

I can only assume Rohan ages like Araki so that part is covered.

Wait, Rohan was only 20 in Part 4??? That does mean by the time of Hot Summer Martha/Part 9 he'd be mid forties so yeah, given Araki aging. Although man his editor also ages like a vampire then given she looks the same as at her intro.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

If instead of thinking about villain stands are about Time, you think of them as Fate all parts become more connected:

The World: Stops Time. Dio is the only one with free will while the World is active since nobody else can act (until Jotaro busts out his "same type of stand" trump card).

Bites the Dust: Undoes whatever mistakes Kira makes and dooms its victims to die at the same moment.

King Crimson: literally exists to let Diavolo escape the consequences of his own actions (until GER sets his fate to never ending death)

Made in Heaven: forces everyone to know their own fate by having them live it.

D4C Love Train: makes any bad fates be redirected from his target.

Wonder of U: You've met a terrible fate, haven't you?

Destiny and Fate are central themes to Jojo, after all.
The real difference is in Parts 1-6 fate is defined as "Gravity" that attracts others (also gravity is related to time, that's why the stands have time powers) while in SBRverse fate is defined by blessings and curses.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Wonder of U deals damage to the enemy whenever they move towards him, constantly.

As a result, Pet Shop becomes once again the top of the food chain by virtue of spamming projectiles and moving up.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

LightningKimba posted:

If I remember how Love Train works, the flow of calamity would just be flung away from Funny to Somewhere Else right? So while Funny isn't technically immune, some dude is gonna wonder why a chipped airplane wing is coming for them from across the country.

Yeah, unless Wonder of U is argued to be able to overcome Love Train (and honestly it could since it's pretty much stated to be Calamity itself), Funny could pursue Tooru as much as he wants cause he (and the USA if it went as he planned) would just redirect calamities to the rest of the world.

Now, the true question is if Ball Breaker and Tusk Act 4 and the Infinite Spin can overcome Wonder of U like Go Beyond does.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Terper posted:

I mean, that's the resson Go Beyond worked. Cus it did the perfect spin. So yeah

Wasn't it because due to how Josuke created bubbles he created "non-existent" bubbles that ignored the flow of Calamity?

Mind you, I do agree they'd both be able to overcome Wonder of U, but for different reasons (given how Infinite Spin pursued Funny through alternate universes and let Johnny move through Time Stop I'm guessing it would just overcome the "calamity" protection and follow Tooru forever, even if Wonder of U gets the user)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Confirmed Joseph<Wonder of U<Pissed off Josuke.

Also funnily enough his quotes against Johnny kinda confirm Tusk Act 4 can overcome the calamity given he's wary of him. So yeah, Infinite Spin in general is the counter to Endless Calamity, I admit my wrong.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Dragona was stated to have gotten chest injections and uses Atashi as a pronoun (which is usually feminine) but they have been referred as Aniki in most promotional material.

Either he's just into feminine looks but still identifies as a guy or she's trans and Jodio doesn't fully get it so he still calls Dragona big bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Well, she hasn't turned into a bed yet, so she's not that large.

It was more because of the whole "older figure running a crime ring of scrappy teenagers" angle reminded me of Bruno's gang at the start of Vento Aureo. Also, towards the end, she starts getting a lot more shading on her face while giving some hard stares which gave kind of a sinister vibe.

She's a school principal remember, those vibes just come with the job.