Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I am personally excited to see Tom Hardy continue giving 110% as Eddie Brock

Lmao at loving Twisters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MonsieurChoc posted:

I do not know who Viper is.

He's here to vash and vipe your vindows

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

not sure how to find where I fall on this political alignment chart

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Did anyone else see that movie where the main character played by Nic Cage starts showing up in peoples' dreams? I'm still not sure what to make of it but it was at my local indie theater with amazing cheap popcorn so it was a good experience overall. My takeaway is that it was pretty fun and has a pretty good consumerist twist, but frankly a movie where Nic Cage starts showing up in other peoples' dreams should have gone even harder and weirder.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Drake sucks and he's a gross groomer (like for real not in the way chuds label everyone they don't like a groomer). Good on mos def for talking poo poo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RandolphCarter posted:

or trutv for 18 hours of impractical jokers.

Only thing I know about trutv is that they make Tacoma FD, which rules. It's on Netflix right now if you have the devil service

e: it's way too good to be produced by something called trutv

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

tristeham posted:

oh yeah... shame that got cancelled

I'm hoping that Netflix paying money to license it keeps Tacoma FD running a bit longer. It's a pretty decent replacement for The Good Place imo, in that it is a mostly good natured comedy that isn't overly cynical. I get all my cynicism needs filled by these here forums, I don't need it in all my entertainment!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

In Training posted:

Austin powers 2 is very classic hollywood sequel. It's basically the exact same movie with different sets lol. Like home alone 2.

And, relevantly, Wayne's World 2

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I enjoyed Oblivion a lot as well and it's a fantastic looking blu ray. I wish Tom Cruise did more sci-fi

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

It's not like, an incredible story or anything, but it's competently told, is visually stunning, and has an incredible soundtrack/score and audio design.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Older female actresses can continue to get good roles as long as they can consistently pull off looking 20 years younger than their actual age

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
there's no link to the story there, did they actually allude to it or is it just that there's a chair in the bedroom?

I guess it's kinda weird but if I had enough room I'd have a chair in my bedroom for a nice comfy place to read.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Gumball Gumption posted:

The article gets into how the animator is very open and his cuck fetish so everyone in the office totally knew what he was doing by adding the chair even if he won't admit it. It's all insanely real and happened.

:stare:

well, ok then. carry on!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
In Jury Duty he helps a religious guy have sex that technically doesn't count as sex by jumping on the bed next to the couple. I feel like this is at least in the same arena. Also Jury Duty is great, I had no loving clue about the unscripted element until I got to the second episode and saw the full intro. What a trip.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I would simply have beaten him to death with my 9 iron

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The second one was really good actually and it set up the Peacemaker series which is also quite good. John Cena is a treasure

e: also it has a dude provoking a bunch of neo-nazis into a prison fight and then absolutely brutalizing them

the show not the movie to be clear. The movie has a really good gag clearly modeled on the part in Predator where they assault the rebel camp or whatever

Professor Beetus has issued a correction as of 17:59 on Feb 26, 2024

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Besides, nothing could be as dumb as "Shannon was stabbed!" from ye olde SA Lost thread.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Open Source Idiom posted:

They are, but Paramount's going under (and being mismanaged aside from that) so it's a question of what happens first.

Paramount's also doing a Daria sequel, cast and recorded the whole thing. Will it come out? Who knows.

This keeps getting reported on but I've heard conflicting reports that this has more to do with greedy execs leaking potentially false info to the press in order to try and get someone to buy the company and make a killing, and that Paramount may not actually be doing as bad as reported. Not sure if there's any truth to those rumors though, I just want to believe them because I am enjoying P+ for star trek and the john halo show and my partner likes being able to watch women's soccer on there.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think paramount is probably doing fine because it's the only "streaming service" my parents like. I know that's totally anecdotal but from what I've heard from them and at work, paramount plus is THE streaming choice for Boomers. It's like catnip to them.

It's CBS so there's like a million procedurals. They have all those Yellowstone shows and NCIS and poo poo, I mean I don't see how that doesn't keep them in the black forever

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Open Source Idiom posted:

They sold off a bunch of unreleased originals last year, like A Murder At The End Of The World and the upcoming Ripley. Doesn't sound good tbh.

This is BULLSHIT. I need Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks to get 7 seasons. I also would like Halo to get to the titular Halo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The original crow had the advantage of coming out before ICP was widely known. I'm looking at that picture of Bill Skarsgard and all I can think is "woop woop motherfucker, gimme me goddamn faygo"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Al! posted:

the pdx i grew up in wasnt portlandia it was a small dirty relatively unknown city with a basketball team and a series of important river ports and a thriving art and music scene (the area code before 8675309 is 503)

A few years back I saw a cover band playing at some Portland bar and they started doing a cover of 867-5309 and Tommy Tu-tone was chilling at a table and got up and did the vocals lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Does the new godzillaXkong movie have some kind of weird mcu multiverse thing going on?

I think it's just lots of monsters. I wonder if the big reveal is Mechagodzilla because I just can't imagine that it's just going to be evil Kong army. I've liked the Legendary Godzillas thus far but all that human dialogue was awful so my expectations for this one are going to be pretty low.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
When Reginald vel Johnson's character in die hard is talking about how he shot a kid, he's talking about urkel

e: I think hideo kojima is just funny, not because the oppressive government of Nippon won't let him talk poo poo about Madame Web or whatever

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

brugroffil posted:

Does "woke" hate breasts now??

Beginning to think these people don't have content ideology

*norman Rockwell guy standing up meme* I'm woke and I like big tits

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Gumball Gumption posted:

Fallout has the environmental storytelling of a seasonal haunted house

poo poo, I wish fallout had the environmental storytelling of the haunted trail I go to every year

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

brugroffil posted:

I did the "do all the side plots" in FO3, stumbled on the gas station and accidentally skipped like a third of the main quest

I feel like this is practically the universal fallout 3 experience. Which honestly I think is pretty cool. Open world games should have the consequence of being able to bumble through half the plot like Mr Bean if that's where your wandering takes you

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I like skeletons and stuff in abandoned buildings but it's weird as poo poo having people living and sleeping next to enormous piles of gore

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
drat, time to start my yearly play of CT early

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Some Guy TT posted:

did anyone else insist on renaming marle as nadia and frog as glenn and robo as r66-7

come to think of it was it me that liked doing that or my brother (at the time) who turned out to be trans

I did this yeah-

i say swears online posted:

their slave names?

quote:

oh no

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kit Walker posted:

Renaming Red XIII Nanaki so when you visit Cosmo Canyon Cloud says with genuine surprise, "Nanaki's name is Nanaki?"

If you wanna have some real fun with ff7 you rename cloud to zack

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

More movies and television should feature achingly beautiful janitors

have you seen Scrubs?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I hope this stuff with peacemaker is just James Gunn taking the piss and that none of it will matter in the slightest. Although if they use it to bring back the actress who played the cop lady from season 1 I'm totally okay with that, because she was great and it's a shame if she's just written out and gone for good.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
They found out he was going to give us rogue's butt back

https://x.com/EndymionYT/status/1758282273118724579?s=20

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mawarannahr posted:

I just finished dream scenario and I thought it was one of the better new movies ive seen lately. nic cage was perfect for the role, I liked the awful topics they explored, and the alt right + France stuff was pretty funny. it was also great that it didn't overstay its welcome at about 100 minutes without many dull moments, and they didn't try to shoehorn a happy ending. and lol @ dreamfluencers. 4/5

The dreamfluencers but was loving A+, I'm just a little disappointed it wasn't a bit weirder. Definitely concur with a 4/5

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FirstnameLastname posted:

i love vince staples

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
People with a very basic sense of media literacy, like English 101 level, get caught up in things like "every character must be 3 dimensional" and do not recognize that the craft of creating art is as much about breaking rules as learning them, once you've mastered those things and have progressed as an artist.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
*ash voice* Subs? Dubs? I'm the guy who doesn't watch anime

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Misspelling of the classic 90s platformer "Gex" the Gecko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Redezga posted:

This just reminded me I need to find and read the Forrest Gump sequel novel I saw in a pawnbroker one time.

Edit: The wikipedia article on it suggest Forrest Gump was unhappy about how he was portrayed in the Forrest Gump movie.

I read this book and it was somehow even more boomer brained than the first one and also 10x more insufferable because of the time it was set

e: like Forrest Gump and Lt. Dan join up for Desert Storm, and Forrest singlehandedly captures Saddam Hussein. But he has to let him go because LIBERAL BUREAUCRACY

It's so loving stupid.

sonatinas posted:

iron eagle (never say die) by king kobra is a cool song imo in the movie

Top Gun and Iron Eagle were 2 of my favorite movies of the 80s because of the soundtracks. The fighter jets were a somewhat distant second.

Professor Beetus has issued a correction as of 21:55 on Apr 5, 2024