Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hamelekim posted:

Denji has responsibilities, he can't go galivanting around as a sword.

Pissing off Denji is one thing, pissing off Nayuta would be another thing all together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Arzaac posted:

People have been saying it for a while, but I'm seriously expecting turning Denji into a sword to work 100%, but he'll survive due to being functionally immortal.

I do also love the idea that it won't work because they only believe they own Denji, and not Pochita.

I do suppose it's a question of what kills hybrids I got the impression that in order to kill Denji Makima had to nullify his contract with Pochita first. Like Quanxi was just a head but she was fine.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

I guess Denji's finally about to become a real chainsaw man

Yoru thinking too hard about this

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Mulva posted:

Reminder that the finale of part 1 is Denji literally walking around without his heart.

Yeah we don't know what exactly kills hybrids but my assumption is that basically only nullifying the contract with the devil they have does it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Aki's named "Aki" because of the AK-47.

Fujimoto didn't plan everything from the jump, but he put in some effort for the setup.

My question is was Makima being the demiurge and Power's name as a reference the thrones of angels setup from the very start? That was the coolest moment for me, when her name just changed from me being like "Oh it's just there because it's cool, she's a power hungry devil" to :aaaaa:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I do like the theory that devils can be turned into a weapon, but Denji/Pochita cant because they’re already a weapon devil.

It would be very funny if this finally works all that happens is that Denji transforms and he's very confused why since he didn't pull the cord.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

I really hope that Nayuta is the smug little gremlin, spoiled rotten by Denji (within his means), we all anticipate her to be.:3:

Power at home

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

AnoHito posted:

All of the rules will just be basic etiquette and manners that Nayuta got sick of Denji not doing. Denji naturally thinks following the rules is pretty much impossible.

Actually much better answer.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

She is also bleeding out and dies moments after that. Anything to get him in the robot.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

an example for people who aren't familiar with how willful and vocal huskies can be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw5M-4Fo2wE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBGqKwWhrOQ

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/jeannesfangs/status/1615872708469981185?s=20

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The thing is, her definition of what is lethal or not might be messed up because Denji can die. So she thinks it's fine and she can just give them some blood afterwards and they'll be okay just like Denji.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Das Boo posted:

Future Devil would rather hang out alone in a dank cell forever than roam free in Hell. And he's so sociable!

I imagine it's much easier to troll humans than devils.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

As annoying as every other week is for us readers, it's way better for the mangaka so I'm fine waiting.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I so want that to be every appearance in order because that'd be insanely sick if it was, but still amazing work just pulling out random glimpses of him to do that with.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

I ain't reading posts besides the ones responding to me.

...Germany's... Santa Claus???

International assassins is great. :sickos:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Quanxi loving owns and they better not chicken out of animating her intro in the anime.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Maybe, just maybe, Kishibe sbouldve given more support to the teenager raising a harbinger of the apocalypae

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The anime was exceptional and anyone who didn't like the scene of Aki making coffee doesn't understand the manga tbh. It's something that would fit in perfectly and showed the anime team really got the characters and vibe of the whole piece. It's honestly one of my favorite adaptations I've seen.

The manga's pace also works because it's a manga, you control how fast you turn the page. So the first time I caught up on it it was insanely breathless because I couldn't turn that page fast enough. Now that I'm caught up and waiting for new chapters, it suddenly doesn't feel as stupid fast. Though I think slowing down the pace for the anime worked for it's benefit in general.

If there are any mistakes made, it's that in the bar scene Denji shakes his head and then nods it when Makima and Himeno ask him, should've just had a still shot, and as aforementioned, Makima didn't look scary enough after being shot.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 3, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

symbolic posted:

anime fans, ftl

I read the manga when part 1 ended but before the anime came out. anime owned

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/napcakes2/status/1621248186718224384?s=46&t=ydiJI4a5DTM_dJM8zYLi0g

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, Gun would have been around since 1250 at the latest, so he had some time to get established. If you've been to the Met, you could have seen some medieval armor with holsters set up for ride by shooting. Heck, the origin of the phrase "Bullet proof" came from knightly armor, according to the museum descriptions there. The armorer took a shot at it with a gun at close range, and then the dent in the armor served as proof that a bullet wouldn't get through.

Chainsaw is the real upstart, since he's only be around since 1783 at the earliest, and 1883 if you only count the tree cutting kind. And yet, in that little time, even the Primals are scared of him.

Pochita dropped off the script for Chainsaw Massacre and slipped the director a 20.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So good to see Nyako again!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also just what a loving chapter to put out on Valentine's day.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, Quanxi kicked his rear end twice, and it wasn't close. Yoshida's tough, but nothing we've seen from him suggests he's anywhere close to a primordial.

Yoshida is sus but I don't think he's that good at the spy game to deliberately sandbag. Like what would he gain from that?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

She will never dodge the femcel accusations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

bengraven posted:

I love her. I wasn’t sold in her until the aquarium when I realized she’s not just a character in the first arc but an actual main character (the main?).

I don’t know I just love the girl.

https://twitter.com/blizzardingpike/status/1605277310323929088

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/cosiecottage/status/1627664140151181315

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/biyuuji/status/1628057512984424450?s=20

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It took until the aquarium for Part 2 to really justify it's existence and not just feel like Chainsaw Man 2: The Search For More Money. Like the characters weren't bad but it just felt aimless. Maybe I wouldn't have thought so if Yuko hadn't entered, made me think maybe Asa was just gay, and then died to reveal that no Asa is a femcel.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

For me I didn't feel like we needed a part 2, part 1s ending was a sufficient ending. And then when we get to 2, Denji shows up and it feels like his character backsliding because he's once again just trying to get laid, and Nayuta was missing. As well a big part of the appeal was that csm was very much not typical shounen and moving it to a high school was the opposite of what I wanted. I think it's justified itself now, but I was worried that is a backslide on what made me love part 1.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I much prefer being caught up, the wait can be horrible but it lets each chapter sit and so the pacing feels better, meanwhile when I read it in one go, I really read it in one go so it felt insanely fast in a bad way.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Terper posted:

Also it should be remembered that Asa tried to save the cat, and that led to Asa's mom dying while protecting her. Haha! That's not funny...

Our new devil is, though :haw: I suppose that is a pretty primal fear, yeah!

:dogstare: I didn't remember that part

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Terper posted:

Chapter 102. Its hosed up!!

Yeah I remember her mom dying just not that it was because she saved a cat, that specific cat even. Fujimoto you absolute loving bastard.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SirKibbles posted:

We're not strictly a predator species though source: lions will totally eat you

Lions would totally eat a lot of things if they can get away with it. We have front facing eyes for hunting. As well we sweat and the reason for that is because in a marathon nothing can beat a human. We'd run the things we hunted down. Just imagine you're some gazelle and a weird hairless monkey jams a stick in you and you run away super fast, but it still hurt you bad. However every time you start to rest, this drat thing just keeps showing up. You're faster than it but it doesn't stop, and it just eventually hunts you down when you can't run anymore.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Flair posted:

I wonder what the agenda of Hell is if a primal fear is being sent to Earth. Perhaps the Prophecies of Nostradamus was spread beforehand by the mastermind(s), and the Falling Devil is on Earth now to add real fear and anxiety about the prophecies.

Also based on Yoru's remark at the end, I predict that when Yoru finally makes a deep connection to produce a powerful weapon, it will be her death scene, and we, the audience, will be sad by her heroic sacrifice; and/or it will be cathartic as Yoru transforms Asa into a powerful nuke.

If it was killed, I believe it loses its stature as a primal fear. Perhaps that hidden lore is that all devils, in the advent of human intelligence, looked like Darkness and Fallling, and upon many deaths, they eventually reincarnated into their modern forms.

I could see that working if the speculation that Asa was always War and Yoru is just her mind trying to reconcile that fact ends up being true. Asa wakes up to her true power and we get a touching goodbye for Yoru

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I prefer this version.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Death will just be Discworld death. Like just the same character, no explanation.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Valentin posted:

a humble suggestion/alteration

an acceptable alternative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

My expectations for s2 are Bomb Devil and International Assassins, leaving Gun Devil and Control Devil for s3.