Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
no need for qualifiers

Spoderman posted:

please do not post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

yeah the problem is everyone in the imp zone hates super mario

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

persona 3 ftw. cant wait to start bravely 2 tomorrow too. drat its good to be an rpg gamer

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

started bravely 2 tonight and its exactly what i wanted

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i appreciate that they continued the legacy of weird sleep mode features even if this one isnt super interactive

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

its seriously so good, i just got ranger and seeing that tje job passive was basically the same as a passive on beastmaster that also synergizes with like two more...bellissimo

me when (mechanics spoiler) i first saw the passive that lets you use a subjob's starting specialty :stare:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the best part is it's called "sub-job specialty 1" so you KNOW theres a 2 that lets you use the level 12 specialty. i havent seen it yet though

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

bump_fn posted:

is BD2 a new world from the first? should i track down adn play the first bravely default before jumping in

ya like everyone else said its different but you should play the first 2 at some point anyway because theyre good. as someone whose favorite final fantasy is 5 i'm glad theres people out there making multiple new good final fantasy 5s just for me

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

The motorcycle parts are fine to bad but they're worth it for them adding Roche.

its so hosed up he wasnt in the big chase

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

leonard nimoy in Seaman is the only good gaming celebrity guest

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i let it paint the floors i walk on but i do everything else myself

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

which etrian you playing

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

my favorite skill tree unlock storyline was dragging around the blade "agate" who says I love rocks and you have to mine different rocks until she finds her new favorite rock

xenoblade 2 ftw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Frenz posted:

Turters

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I enjoyed Riviera but not sure what id make of it now. I played maybe an hour of Knights in the Nightmare and it's completely impenetrable

imp magic strikes again

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1407595094471974912

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

magikid posted:

I just finished Dragon Quest VIII and I have no idea why anyone likes this game, or this series in general.

Slowest, grindiest thing I've ever played. Randoms are like five minutes each and give almost no experience or money. The only way to level is to hunt a specific extremely rare monster that just runs away before you can do anything. And equipment is so expensive it seems like it would take, no poo poo, almost ten hours of money grinding to get a single weapon. I had to do a "no shop" challenge by default. Oh, but the game was so charming. :jerkbag:

Sorry, just really had to get that out there. Enjoy Dragon Quest if you want.

a noob approaches

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

noob because u seem to be really bad at dragon quest and noob bc u seem to have mistaken imp zone for the place where u post fail rear end rants about how a game sucks cause youre bad at it btw. games is up a few forums

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Bolverkur posted:

A Metal Slime draws near? Command?

ohkay a slime, this will be easy, ahuh huh. I missed! What the freaking f... hell. oh, ohkay, finally an attack – dood! one freaking damage? AH AH AH AH! it's glitching out, it only does one damage every time! every time, my attacks are hitting, alright, but it's only one damage. it's freaking glitched, you'd think after eight games they'd get it right. snorts well, at least i'm getting tons of exper- it ran away! are you freaking kidding me, ohkay, that's it. goes to system settings and uninstalls the game that's about enough of that, folks. tune in tomorrow night for a chill relaxing time hanging out in the return to Fallout: New Vegas for the CONCLUSION of the Dead Money DLC... and beyond!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the rpg the mario & luigi devs made before only making mario & luigi games finally got translated https://twitter.com/romhackingnet/status/1420150390444593152

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Albert Odyssey is p. boring. I actually owned it as a kid

hello, albert odyssey

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

valkyria chronicles 1 is cool and 2 is one of the worst games ive ever played if not the most personally insulting and i havent played the rest. thank you

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i think theyve made more rpg castlevanias than classic ones at this point

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7SnycvZOI i would like to play live a live remake

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ya that was exactly my experience with it. probably wouldnt have stuck with the game if it wasnt the only game i had in my psp on a flight

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the ghost is a difficulty spike yeah but you dont gotta grind to beat him you just gotta stack a million debuffs on him. most people just grind it out though. mother 3's kinda like smt in that stacking buffs and debuffs is super useful

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

foe tracks ftw. very good "you have hosed up by being in this encounter" energy on all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qF2ZyUFGHo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i continue to want to play the live a live remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiFtORF5SMw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1527666094156107776

ftw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Frenz posted:

the only one I have is nexus and I quit playing when it asked me to name each party member without giving any generated name suggestions ala fft :cheers:

fail. fail rear end mother fucker

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Hizke posted:

Everyone pointing and laughing. This dude has no friends or loved ones! Or imagination! Let's kick his rear end!!

this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

epic etrian gamer: "two party members in the front line and 3 in the back. this dragoon sits in the center back so shes surrounded by everyone else. she the boss of the party and shes a lady so shes named boss lady and orders everyone else around from her little dragoon bunkers"

fft dweeb: "why oh why isnt this game telling me to name this guy Lodwicke. what do i do"

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

just remembered the name on the save file that came with the copy of actraiser i bought a decade ago

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

taht was a month ago

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

wonderful 101 kicks rear end!

this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

yeah i hope they do something about the leveling and just general balance if theyre doing work on tactics ogre. about midway thru my playthrough of let us cling together i found out archers were pretty strong so i started relying on them a lot then at a completely arbitrary point later on they just stopped doing damage and even when i eventually threw my hands up and used exp cheats it was a huge slog to get everyone else up to a level where they could do anything meaningful

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

xenoblade ftw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

live a live remake rules. kinda almost everything i wanted from it so far

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006