Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
vshojo is the safety net for retired vtubers I like apparently, first kson, then henya, now kuro lol

verbal enema posted:

Went to an AA meeting tonight. Walked out the bar and made a joke I was going to follow this random man to where he was going. I asked and he said AA and I was like "ya know what I'm going to"

Ran home grabbed my Big Book and hustled in. When they asked if anyone was new or returning I stood up and introduced myself. It was a discussion meeting and everyone apparently could hear my "desperation hopelessness and pain" so a lot of people spent time talking to me directly.

They gave me an extra BB that everyone wrote their names and numbers in for me to call. There has to be like 45 phone numbers in here.

Supposed to go to a double meeting at 8am tomorrow with a man named Scribe. I asked him yes that is his real first name.

Thing is. The really really lovely thing is. I'm still not sure I've hit rock bottom but do I really want to see it? Or experience it? Or when it comes down to it live it?

I dont know. I really dont.

Hey good on ya VE, proud of you. You definitely absolutely 100% do not want to hit rock bottom I am telling you dude. From multiple experiences not my own but people I know(or have known, past tense, because they are loving dead because of it), you super super don't.

The only thing I will say from talking to my friends who have gone to AA, is that it can be extremely helpful, but be careful of anyone there trying to sign you up for stuff. Other programs, seminars, and especially church(that's the big one apparently, all of the people I know who have gone to AA told me while they were there someone tried to get them to start going to church), keep an eye out for people trying to hook you in on stuff.

But yeah someone very close to me nearly drank himself into an early grave when he was only in his early 20s and he's spent the rest of his life fighting off the urge to go back to the bottle, he relapsed once but has been clean for over ten years now. It takes monumental effort but you can do it. Don't be like a different person I know who did not make it out, (cw)whose corpse was found in their bathtub a week later because they had drank so much(both booze and non-booze) that they literally killed their liver, thought they were coming down with a cold, so they took a bath but the "sickness" they felt was their body shutting down and they died in there

Please do what you can to fight against it. My family has a history of alcoholism and I don't want you to face the same fate as some of my family tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah definitely go see an eye doctor if reading in general hurts your eyes, don't gently caress around with eye stuff. Even minor stuff can become far worse if untreated, I had to have surgery because I didn't have something in my eye checked when it first showed up. If you're having chronic eye pain from reading, it's definitely something they can help with.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ohtori Akio posted:

miyazakis about to drop the greatest mecha film of all time and tominos about to drop the greatest heroine-in-a-windy-meadow film of all time
god please

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
who was it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

marumaru posted:

kill la kill is 10 years old now

is that official art? it's cute

Ohtori Akio posted:

gonna try frieren, s-rank, and maybe a racing show and some trashy yuri.
if s-rank turns out to be another dud adaptation, check out the manga, it's great. the anime doesn't quite grab the style of the manga.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I found a weevil at work. And then when I got home, I found another of the same kind of weevil on my door. It's an acorn weevil and it's very cute and dumb looking

Not my photos but they are the derpiest little guys I love them

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RuBisCO posted:

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
they are the size of a pencil eraser and literally cannot hurt you. its time to face your fear

like he was just waltzing around on my hand looking for a suitable take-off spot, he is no threat, he is friend.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ohtori Akio posted:

i trust snail. except for the part about liking vtubers
they're right

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kirbysuperstar posted:

i'm a slut for salt

i'm a super slut for chicken salt
I ordered some chicken salt after hearing about it and it's OK, not sure what makes people go nuts for it tho

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I saw this random movie, The Creator, that I didn't know existed until i saw it on my theater's movie list and it had a buddhist monk in the mountains but it was a chappie style robot, which piqued my interest

It was a very very pretty movie and the acting was not bad but the plot's as bland as gruel. Still, worth the watch, the atmosphere of it ruled. Stuff like robots on hookahs, and humanoid robots indistinguishable from regular humans except for the big hole in the sides of their heads. Great movie to just take it all in, but the story was incredibly basic. If you've got a big fancy TV you could do a lot worse than ogling all the impressive setpieces

Apparently it only cost 80 million to make, if you'd asked me the budget I'd probably have said twice that, so it's incredibly impressive from a special effects standpoint that they pulled something that fancy looking with that "small" of a budget

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think the 67% on rottentomatoes is about right, a 7/10 for me. Brilliant visuals, some excellent characters and incredible moments, but braindead plot and glaring plot holes.

You should see it if you want a "just absorb the setting/atmosphere" sort of movie. It's not a bad movie at all, it's just go in more for the visual spectacle than the story. The story has nothing new to offer, but the visuals, good lord. And some of the robots, man, they are such bros. Tons of the sci fi stuff in the movie like "donating your face scan to add to robot science" is rad. Or the brain scanner that can, depending on when you use it after you die, can resuscitate a dead person for a short time by transferring a fragment of their consciousness to a robot who can then relay a final message. That's rad as gently caress

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hey so if anyone here liked Helck, the author has a new series called Volundio: Divergent Sword Saga, and I made a thread for it. It is excellent and especially if you liked Helck, I highly recommend reading Volundio!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm in new england and I just hope the leaves start falling pronto before it gets much colder, almost none have fallen yet and they're still green, basically none have begun turning fall colors yet. the halloween ice storm of 2011 was traumatizing. a coworker of mine had every single tree, EVERY SINGLE ONE, in his neighborhood come down, and basically every telephone pole and power line too. just an incredible disaster

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is mangaplus not working, I want to read chainsaw man but it just gives me a blank page :(

what's this from

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sube posted:

Contracted covid for first time I am aware of it, it seems. Lots of people i know seem to have symptoms too. Feeling like poo poo :eng99:
I am somehow lucky to have dodged it so far, and I am really scared of getting it because I take care of my mom and she is immunocompromised, she as able to get the vaccine but that's by no means a guarantee against it at her age

Meanwhile some of my coworkers have had it 4 or more times and never take any precautions to not get it more times

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hell yeah basquash

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
did zorak make those threads, is this all from zorak

that klk summary smells of zorak

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm just happy gamaguri and mako are happy together

Or was that fanart that someone posted and not official art

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Furnaceface posted:

I caught the end of Jason X on TV.

Is there an anime equivalent to something like that? Just dumb, at times goofy, over the top horror/violence.
not entirely applicable, Franken Fran, sorta? Manga only though, and it's more equal parts horrific and goofy

GateOfD posted:

i need to get my mom a better printer that isn't a scam.

she got some cheap HP printer for $30 on black friday a few years ago. The catch is that HP is probably the most un-consumer friendly ever with scam printer cartridges that 'die' or dry out in a few months after only printing like 20 pages. She must have threw like $200 on that thing and only able to print a handful.
I don't think she does much color printer, so I think those inkjet ones are the best I heard, just need to print black/white and can scan/copy
Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser Printer, Monochrome, Wireless Connectivity, Two-Sided Printing, Mobile Device Printing, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready https://a.co/d/1qiqSna

I bought this in 2018, use it all the time, and have only had to replace the toner once. And you can find knockoff cartridges for 12 bucks or so rather than expensive brand names. Prints super fast, never had a problem in all the time I've had it and thousands of printings.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 14, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also I think it can be had much cheaper during black friday, I feel like I got it for like $120 or $80 during a sale.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wut

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like water

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Furnaceface posted:

Look at Captain Boring here.
okay I lied, I like water but I also like eggnog, and Sumol, and liquifying various fruits in my blender into smoothies

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
carrot cake supremacy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
YESSSSSSS MATARA KAN IS WHO I HOPED SHE WAS

I remember her monster girl review, she liked cockroach girls, that's why I thought it was gonna be her

Goddamn I'm happy she's back

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah Nina Kosaka was my favorite and she's back now, I'm happy

she's playing dwarf fortress for her first post-debut stream, a game she wasn't allowed to play at nijisanji. love it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Southern Cassowary posted:

i treat dwarf fortress like eve - a funny emergent story generator i will never touch out of fear
I'm waiting for the adventure mode to get added to the steam version before I hop in. Hopefully it'll get added before the heat death of the universe.

Rinkles posted:

i've wondered about that, because i haven't heard about that being the case for big streamers, which are essentially one person businesses.
vshojo is pretty big, way more than singular twitch randos, smallest of the three major agencies, but not on the stock market and hopefully never will be. They've got a good thing going if they just do this "scoop up successful talents who were dissatisfied with their former holo/niji work environment and give them access to all the resources to restart", it's worked amazingly well for Kson and Kuro so far. Really smart business plan, and the happiness each of the talents has shown compared to how they used to be really shows what a good workplace it is.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 16, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Meowywitch posted:

Why do my teeth hurt even though I brush every day?
Do you have a nightguard? You might be grinding your teeth in your sleep which can wear them down to the sensitive interiors and just generally cause stress to the teeth.

kirbysuperstar posted:

getting a water flosser was a loving awesome idea
yep get a waterpik, even a travel one if you have to go for the cheaper option. It's a game changer

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I'm really not joking. if you have persistent tooth pain you do need to see a dentist and have your gum line checked. putting it off or ignoring it can lead to larger problems. I'm not going to waste our time trying to e-doctor this because only an actual examination will help you

also it's entirely possible to have great dental hygiene and still get infections / cavities
yeah this too, go see a professional.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

leather fedora posted:

As a fan I like to respect kayfabe but I agree the more interesting discussion comes from ignoring it.
I saw someone post about how they only just discovered someone's redebut because nobody would actually mention who they were before. If the talent says they want to leave things in the past or they changed due to doxxing poo poo, that's one thing, but just saying "oh yeah this was Nina Kosaka in her past identity" can help people who followed them before find them and follow their new form.

I do like how matara kan's backstory stuff is just talking about her past.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 17, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Scrapped princess is great. Pretty decently handled twist too.

I remember ordering the dvd box set with the figurine on clearance and it arrived with the head upside down in the box window, so before opening you could see the top of her head was resting on the neck stump

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GateOfD posted:

Good new chapter of Dress Up Darling.

these monthly mangas sure do take forever though
for real. it's hilarious how good the author is at going from

to

at a moment's notice

It also feels kinda like they're floating ideas for post-dress up darling series they might make with some of these cosplays. The one Haniel is from sounds supremely hosed but also I bet this author could totally pull it off with their artistic skill

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it has been amusing to me to see the pats apparently over the years go from this awful team nobody believed in, to the obnoxious powerhouse everyone hated, to the awful team nobody believes in again but also everyone hates

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Huh, didn't realise she was 60. Makes some more sense now.
yeah I feel like if you didn't grow up with the internet but instead were around long before it, it kind of bamboozles a lot of old people. I've just started having to deal with the reality of my mom being hoodwinked by AI ads for total scams on facebook and poo poo

there are exceptions but they are few and far between, such as that granny let's player

Ohtori Akio posted:

marriage toxin having an even split between epic badass action and goofy romance is ideal. its perfect. no notes
or even better, mixing the romance with the epic badass action, such as with the bodyguard lady.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

littleorv posted:

Awakening from my forums hibernation to commend Fluff for gassing the Giant Bomb thread. One of the worst threads on the forum.
lmfao I haven't read that thread in years I was literally going to post in it the other day saying it should be gassed but forgot. Fluffdaddy read my mind

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I can only hope Baron Cyber Skull went down with the ship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFNgT81iA-c&hd=1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ohtori Akio posted:

ill click on these when im home. and for the record the best part of the metal movement as a whole is dramatic lyrics about doom, monsters, swords, mountains etc
I am a fan of optimistic metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhTBYn1vJTA

Meowywitch posted:

turns out you were right

please tell me I havent permanently ruined them, some of them loving hurt
if they haven't worn away to the insides yet, you should have a shot still, get a mouth guard and use it every night. They're annoying but better than grinding your teeth into painful dust. Talk to your dentist about getting a custom one made for you.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's what everyone had been predicting tbh, so I'm not surprised

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ohtori Akio posted:

was chit chatting with some friends the other day, all of whom happened to be asian-american. mentioned that in my family, saying we loved each other on a daily basis was normal. they looked at me like i said the pope was muslim. the degree to which very real affection is verbalized varies massively across culture
I take care of my mom and we have always said "bye/night, love you!" whenever either of us leave the house or go to bed. After my stepdad died, it has switched into "bye/night, love you so much!"

It helps a lot imo. It's a little thing but it's important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I forgot it was Halloween until I hopped into minecraft and a zombie with a pumpkin on its head attacked me