Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Shitclaren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

sounds like what everyone thought was true all along is in fact the case: red bull was never going to fire him and didn't give a gently caress. so this happened

Exactly how the gently caress do you characterize "everyone" because a lot of stupid rear end motherfuckers were coming at me with some ikea instruction manual rear end tweets as some smoking gun that my correct read of the situation was dead wrong.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

It's truly incredible how many people will still go to such great lengths to argue that there's no way a powerful man acted inappropriately toward a female colleague.

Until people realize that the whole "great man" myth is complete bullshit that's never gonna happen. As soon as you attribute some superior intellect and/or skill to somebody because the slot machine reels lined up for them to get into a leadership position it's going to be nearly impossible to then be convinced that your assessment was infact wrong much less that the same person is actually a terrible person

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

the fact it was blasted all over the paddock is nuts.

its pretty smart since red bull clearly demonstrated that they've got no interest in taking it seriously internally. if you pull the whole rest of the sport into it they're kind of united in saying that red bull has to actually do something.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Full Collapse posted:

Carlosito is driving a WRC Yaris next year.

tech inspection better look really loving close at the turbo on it. there's a history there.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Here's a pro tip for media illiterate goons who can't read situations like this. putting out an AP press release ASAP like this means Horner genuinely is making GBS threads his pants now and actually is in trouble, hth

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

toadee posted:

Maybe the person who 2 days ago was claiming goons are "bad at media literacy" because clearly this was all made up since the initial report came from a Dutch journalist should stop talking about media literacy

maybe you should learn to read. I said nothing was coming from the investigation and I was 100% right. Now we're cooking.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Any time you want bro.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Should I start composting?

Hell yeah, my grandmother did it for her garden which literally was the entire back lawn that she tore up to plant fruits and vegetables.

Colostomy Bag posted:

We are craving a tire temp analysis.

I can give my thoughts but really I specialize in the analysis of tires nearing end of life.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

I didnt expect the sex crimes to be that extensive

They're as extensive as the rich vibrant flavour that a bowl of coco pops contribute towards a healthy balanced breakfast

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SocksAndSandals posted:

show us File-69.mp4 OP

Actually I would rather not see a 50 year old British man use his position of authority to engage in sexual relations with a subordinate younger employee tia

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I am wondering how the gently caress he managed to pull geri based off those texts tbh. was she skiing with Michael because that would explain a lot

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

bad game and doesn't moisturise. the mystery thickens

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah but have you considered that the fat mouth breathers love low quality diluted content? Have you ever considered that????

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

what a time to be alive.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Can you guys please turn on the commentary so you can hear when they tell you that Perez is on used tires and Verstappen isn't

Perez is on used tequila as well based on his times

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Borehain

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

It's only 2 tenths

The modern Ferrari, famous for its much better race pace

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wow it works seamlessly on my Apple TV 4K. Sucks for you

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

fart barterer posted:

I really wish TVs didn't come with an OS. It's all just shovelware for tracking and other poo poo nobody wants.

I'd rather save a few bucks and put it towards a $45 dongle I can replace every five years.

Same issue with the lovely proprietary OS / navigation systems in cars. My Corolla will live 20 years beyond the last crappy firmware update. Just give me a screen and an easy way to replace it with the latest Android OS / Carplay receiver.

Okay ya but have you considered that they want to monetize your data?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the milk machine posted:

no the point of a smart tv is to collect data on what you watch and when so the tv company can sell that to other companies

If you can't connect the dots between this and why every "smart" TV's interface is half assed and thrown together versus a separate box you actually have to pay for then I've got some Nigerian prince emails to show you

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the milk machine posted:

it's because they're using absolute bottom of the barrel hardware so it's cheaper

It's because you the end user are not the target market for the software. you're the product.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

fart barterer posted:

Thinking about it more.. other smart TV owners who actually connect it to the wifi are subsidizing manufacturing costs?

Maybe smart TVs own actually?

I'm the king of bad takes and this is some bold territory you're venturing into buddy. you better have the shitposting skills to back this up.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Khablam is conspicuous by his absense, I wonder how much grovelling he is doing to Geri right now.

Khablam was the shame independent third party investigator Red Bull hired, the all day interview with Horner only took that long because he did like 3 queries in Microsoft access.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pylons posted:

I decided to finally get into F1 after telling myself I'd do so for the past couple years. Watched the qualifiers this morning and it was pretty fun, are there any races in the archive I should go back and watch in particular?

1994 Imola

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I'm watching Downfall, which is basically the Red Bull documentary at this point

Shame we never got Tony's thoughts on that film.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

The second email should be sent on the formation lap

Lights out and away he blows

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Jos Verstappen is anything like 1985 Canadian Osella driver Allen Berg then his ego is probably such that Jos thinks he could do a better job than Horner running the team.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zedd posted:

Oh it's very much also this. Max in his Dutch interviews is actually decently humble, Jos is anything but.

something about being a poo poo tier F1 driver just makes your ego puff up faster than the face of someone with cushings disease. you apparently lose all sense of perspective

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

That's gotta be it for MBS, that's completely hosed

The problem with MBS is that he is the end byproduct of the FIA and the racing community at large being perfectly fine with opaque authoritarian regimes with questionable human rights records dumping money into it to whitewash themselves and their behaviour. He is what the people who voted for him to be president wanted and that is not going away just because he's saying what they're thinking out loud.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

1. The FIA's beef is over the money it gets out of F1 and by transference Liberty, not the team principles.
2. Anything I have heard MBS say ever has ranged from mildly offensive to outright mysognistic. I'm not seeing a scenario where MBS sees what Horner did and goes "Oh yeah he did something wrong there"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

That money comes from broadcasters, sponsors, and fans, all of whom don't want the bad press Horner is attracting. We've already seen this from Ford. Any sane person would want Horner out even if that sane person is overtly corrupt and only looking to enrich themself. Trying to cover it up makes zero sense from literally any perspective.

All that money goes to Liberty, FIA gets its money through licensing fees from the teams and circuits. What possible motive would MBS have for just pissing all over liberty's side of the revenue stream by making this poo poo stick around in the news cycle longer ????

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

What possible motive would he have for trying to cover it up, bud? It doesn't benefit him in one single way, and now it's an even bigger story because the dumbfuck had to involve himself.

It pisses off Liberty and fucks with their marketing the sport as this highly progressive thing by making this poo poo drag out longer. If I was trying to do the only thing avaliable to increase FIA revenues and Liberty told me to gently caress off then I would probably be equally unsympathetic to any issues impacting their business model.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't have MBS' thought process so I don't know why he actually did it. but if you're asking me to explain why he would support a mysognist POS then as you can see I've got like a million different explanations as to why MBS might be inclined to do so.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

For real, how did this douchebag end up as FIA prez? The last time we had a new one, there was a huge campaign and vote that took place, whereas with MBS he just seemed to...quietly inherit it? Was it just given to him or did the FIA actually vote this idiot in

He should go back to General Aladeen'ing in whatever fuckman rally he came from

The rich oil autocratic states have been dumping money into racing for decades. It's pretty straight forward how he got his position.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My 8 bay NAS has been delayed due to an undisclosed mechanical issue according to purolator.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Let him cook

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I am shocked that the rich affluent luxury car loving readership of Car & Driver did not like the article critical of the rich affluent luxury car loving lifestyle and Car & Driver removed it. Better call Columbo in on this one, it's a real headscratcher

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Residency Evil posted:

The "rich affluent" readership of C&D maybe owns a Corvette. They're not exactly jet setting around the world while wearing Dick Mile watches.

you know upon further reflection you must be right. My theory, that the article in an automotive magazine critical of sponsors and advertisers in the automotive world being pulled because it would create an uncomfortable dynamic with their own advertisers that are their own primary source of revenue, is completely obliterated because I got the publication wrong and didn't know what exact tax bracket the readership was in. It must be some insane unhinged conspiracy theory instead for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think Biden pulled the article because he hates our freedoms