Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Isizzlehorn posted:

It would be easier to associate the hostage as an actual person if the hostage didn't, you know, sit in one spot after being dropped and never say a thing ever. Like a flag.

Hostages, and people in general, don't just sit in one place and say nothing during times of extreme duress. Clearly, priority was given to the voice overs and how important it was to keep tabs on Havoc instead.

victim shaming fuckhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

BottledBodhisvata posted:

When does that begin

HOPEFULLY SOON

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
44 loving pages and the conference ended an hour ago holy poo poo

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
All SJWs should be sent to a camp and gassed for their crimes against video games

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Babyface Mingo posted:

you've never been a hostage with armed robbers in the same room wrecking your house have you you gently caress

neither have you, link me an example or get out, links to cnn don't count for reference

Wandle Cax posted:

Gee it's almost like the hostage was traumatized or something and didn't feel like small talk about the weather with her rescuers. If she talked there would be people up in arms about how the game teaches kids the stereotype that women talk too much and never shut up or something.

Maybe there'd be yelling/screaming? Maybe the hostage would try helping, telling the rescuers that Bad Guy is out in the hall waiting, or a few were sitting in the next room?

But yes, please reinforce the stereotype that women can do nothing in a hostage situation because they are all traumatized wilting flowers, thanks.

Flectarn
May 29, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm sorry you're mad.

no you're mad heh!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Isizzlehorn posted:

neither have you, link me an example or get out, links to cnn don't count for reference

Maybe there'd be yelling/screaming? Maybe the hostage would try helping, telling the rescuers that Bad Guy is out in the hall waiting, or a few were sitting in the next room?

But yes, please reinforce the stereotype that women can do nothing in a hostage situation because they are all traumatized wilting flowers, thanks.

You should be sent to a camp and gassed for your crimes against video games

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lemming posted:

Any slight criticism of anything is seen by sensitive people as a gigantic freak out, it's pretty funny

Gamers are the perfect consumer.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
so wait do video games reinforce or not reinforce violence, help I don't know what is happening

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

zen death robot posted:

Video games are pretty loving awesome, if you ask me

Videogames are bad, actually

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Opinions?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This happening about R6 is loving :laffo: though there's much less ambiguous targets to pick in loving video games

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Alexzandvar posted:

so wait do video games reinforce or not reinforce violence, help I don't know what is happening

Video games cause violence, but not because of their content. People just get angry and wanna smash a bro.

Pomp posted:

This happening about R6 is loving :laffo: though there's much less ambiguous targets to pick in loving video games

"Pick your battles" is a real foreign concept to some people.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Isizzlehorn posted:

yes the first thing you do when a bunch of armed men walk into your house, point their guns at you, tell you to shut up and get down on the floor as the look for valuables is to scream for help and attempt to walk around

EDIT: speaking from personal experience

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Babyface Mingo posted:

victim shaming fuckhead

keep your female flag then, maybe they'll offer you DLC to dress her up so you can further distance yourself from hostage suffering

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Isizzlehorn posted:

I'm a woman and this doesn't offend me at all. :shrug:

Also I'm pretty sure that most people in a hostage situation would be traumatized wilting flowers regardless of whether or not they have a penis.

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004

What a charming fellow.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
large boobs in video games are single highhandedly responsible for the triumph of the patriarchy and the domination of all women

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Alexzandvar posted:

gently caress you and your video games.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Suspicious Cook posted:

Video games cause violence, but not because of their content. People just get angry and wanna smash a bro.
Mario Kart confirmed for most violence-inducing game of all time.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cardboard Fox posted:

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll be buying this AC game just like the rest. :negative:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Isizzlehorn posted:

Hi, there's nothing wrong with becoming traumatized in an extremely traumatic situation and has nothing to do with gender or women being "wilting flowers", thanks. Or hmmm maybe the wilting flower hostage is not talking or helping her rescuers because that is not how the gameplay is designed to work???

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Isizzlehorn posted:

keep your female flag then, maybe they'll offer you DLC to dress her up so you can further distance yourself from hostage suffering

That actually sounds kinda fun. Not sure what you're talking about distancing myself from hostage suffering. I play games to enter the realm of fantasy not to enact some bizarre Tumblr SJW groupthink.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And someone goes and proves she is correct.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'm pretty sure hostages in general, no matter the gender are really worth poo poo in a hostage situation besides getting in the way and betraying the positions of their rescuers

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Pomp posted:

How about the fact that they killed the monkey in the FC4 presentation? PETA flipped a poo poo when you had to kill a loving rat in COD

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it didn't really look like a woman, more like that monster from Among the Sleep in slightly better lighting

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Isizzlehorn posted:

You're reinforcing the stereotype that everyone who has or has had a Homestuck avatar is a stuck up shitter

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
And I'm still of the opinion the thread title should be changed to reflect the fact that Ubisoft didn't, in fact, announce a sequel to Beyond Good & Evil, before it's too late :colbert:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Shmorky is a weird, miserable piece of poo poo.

thank you, for sacrificing yourself.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The most offensive thing about the hostage in that game was the fact when the cops had her they walked around holding her in front of them with their gun pointed out next to her, like she was a human shield.

Seriously I don't think that's how cops are trained to take care of hostages.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Davincie posted:

i'm pretty sure hostages in general, no matter the gender are really worth poo poo in a hostage situation besides getting in the way and betraying the positions of their rescuers

:ssh: you might let reality get in the way of the SJW circle jerk :ssh:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I would bet cash dollar bills that in the design document for that fake game that isn't real they're planning on having hostages of both genders

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

CharlestonJew posted:

Videogames are bad, actually

Videogames are awesome and cool but all gamers are poo poo. Makes you think...

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Isizzlehorn posted:

i hope you become a hostage and get shot while trying to help your rescuers

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

CharlestonJew posted:

it didn't really look like a woman, more like that monster from Among the Sleep in slightly better lighting

I'd also play a game about super serious swat teams rescuing monsters from criminals.

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
Yeah the solution is to not have hostages and just use an actual flag so we can stop pretending there is anything remotely realistic about video games

Flectarn
May 29, 2013
tumblr sjws are so sensitive about stupid poo poo in videogames... hey stop complaining about videogames. MODS!!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

PrBacterio posted:

Mario Kart confirmed for most violence-inducing game of all time.

More like Nintendo in general. I have seen IRL fist fights break out over the last turn of a Mario Party game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
To be fair she wasn't fat enough to be a good human shield.

• Locked thread