Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
They've been using the foam for years now in the Libertadores and Argentinian league afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
CONMEBOL brought the only change to the game that didn't suck.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
What a great WC. I really enjoyed all the posting and #banterzone stuff, had me in tears at time. T. Finn, you are a drat good mod, thanks for protecting this corner of SA.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

El Hefe posted:

They've been using the foam for years now in the Libertadores and Argentinian league afaik

It was first used in Brazil in 2000 or so.

As for our Argentinean friends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay06B4UiZ2U

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

It's the day after (here in Germany) and it's still real, holy gently caress

also I just found out the MLS had a game just now, what kind of loving Mickey Mouse league schedules a match on the same day as the loving World Cup final lmaoooooo

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

It's the day after (here in Germany) and it's still real, holy gently caress

also I just found out the MLS had a game just now, what kind of loving Mickey Mouse league schedules a match on the same day as the loving World Cup final lmaoooooo

...the league of the country that gave us mickey mouse

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Aw man this is beautiful, congrats Germany

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

African AIDS cum posted:

Germany wins the '14 world cup thanks to an 88th minute sub. loving good

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I still don't see the gif of Müller doing his dance right after they won the final.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
looking back on the world cup, makes me think that if england had won every single game they played they would have been the winners of the world cup and not germany

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

track day bro! posted:

looking back on the world cup, makes me think that if england had won every single game they played they would have been the winners of the world cup and not germany

They didnt stay dench

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

They didnt stay dench

if they stayed dench, they wouldnt have gotten frimponged

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

track day bro! posted:

if they stayed dench, they wouldnt have gotten frimponged

Nate Silver is calculating the optimal Stay dench rate its over 9000

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Are there any official stats on whether footballers occasionally bone each other in the dressing room after winning major trophies?

I bet this happens way more frequently than most people think. Not saying that this is the case with the germans cause their wags were all top notch but every once in a while after a hard fought game and a satisfying victory I'm sure things get a little heated up and the lads get a little playful.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Are there any official stats on whether footballers occasionally bone each other in the dressing room after winning major trophies?

I bet this happens way more frequently than most people think. Not saying that this is the case with the germans cause their wags were all top notch but every once in a while after a hard fought game and a satisfying victory I'm sure things get a little heated up and the lads get a little playful.

I dont think theres anything official on this

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It would be insane to think it never happens, is all I'm saying.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It would be insane to think it never happens, is all I'm saying.

well hitzlsperger probably enjoyed playing for the mannschaft

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Germany boss Joachim Low told Mario Gotze to prove he is better than Lionel Messi minutes before the Bayern Munich attacker scored the winning goal in the World Cup final.\

And Low insists Gotze’s stunning strike seven minutes from the end showed exactly that.

He said: 'I told Gotze at the break in half time at extra time: ‘show you are better than Messi, show you are a better player than him and can win a World Cup”.

:3:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiDV0elfQ1I

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005

5 holy poo poo lol

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Sorry to be that dude, but what does Muller say? Impressed by Schweiny's English, top accent.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

des intressiert me ois ned der Scheissdreck lol

oh and thank you The Finn for your work here and good luck in whatever you do in the future

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Machinegunboyo posted:

Sorry to be that dude, but what does Muller say? Impressed by Schweiny's English, top accent.

He basically says "I don't give a poo poo about that garbage who the gently caress cares we won the world cup that other poo poo doesn't matter"

It owns.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Machinegunboyo posted:

I don't give a poo poo about this, we're World Champions, take that Golden Shoe and shove it somewhere else!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Tommy Muller, officially the sexiest man on the planet

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hopterque posted:

He basically says "I don't give a poo poo about that garbage who the gently caress cares we won the world cup that other poo poo doesn't matter"

It owns.

I love Thomas Muller, that's basically how I would respond to such a dumb question after winning the World Cup.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I drank way too much last night. I got near blackout drunk. Never. Again.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Hegay posted:

Expert commentator literally said that one of the reasons Argentina looks down at Brazil is because the Brazilian settlers had interracial relationships with their slaves while the Argentines kept themselves "pure" and I nodded wisely.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Rihanna per twitter posted:

I touched the cup, held the cup, kissed the cup, took a selfie wit the cup!!! I meeeaan...... what is YO bucket list looking like bruh?

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

hopterque posted:

It owns.

bit rude this

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Not really, he meant it obviously as a joke.

It's a german thing, typically the rest of the country finds it funny how bavarians talk when they are excited and he is milking it there pretty hard.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Healbot posted:

what is YO bucket list looking like bruh?

✔ release song with abusive former boyfriend

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

i thought that neuer knee should have been an indirect free kick but messi would have bottled it anyway he's a failass turd hahah i think he has cancer

yeah I think indirect free kick for dangerous play + yellow was the move there. it wasn't a real foul cause higuain ran into neuer more than anything, but the knee was really brutal and unnecessary

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dex_sda posted:

yeah I think indirect free kick for dangerous play + yellow was the move there. it wasn't a real foul cause higuain ran into neuer more than anything, but the knee was really brutal and unnecessary

Couldn't be playing in a dangerous manner

I&G, Law 12 posted:

Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player himself). It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.
Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the players. If there is physical contact, the action becomes an offence punishable with a direct free kick or penalty kick. In the case of physical contact, the referee should carefully consider the high probability that misconduct has also been committed.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

huh, I didn't know that. Never mind then. Def no peno imo though.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
one might even say...no era penal

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I still can't believe we did it. It feels like yesterday was a fever dream but I checked and it's true, UEFA won the World Cup for the third time in a row. Life has never been this good, I always knew it was coming home

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I lurked the MDTs the whole cup because I'm an ignorant American who only watches the World Cup and the Rangers play in the third division but you all made me laugh a lot. Thanks.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

this World Cup is also proof that we do much better on the world stage without Austrians in our team unlike WW 1 and 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Teron D Amun posted:

this World Cup is also proof that we do much better on the world stage without Austrians in our team unlike WW 1 and 2

Alaba would make us even better though.

• Locked thread