Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

ElectricBlizzard posted:

Going to try here because the request video thread has no answers yet and it's been driving me insane for days now.

I'm looking for a music video.
It was a rap/hip hop song about a man trying to get back the purse of his girlfriend from the thief in a bar, he then kills the guy and runs away to hide in the trunk of a car.
The intro is a small instrumental piece with shots of streets coloured in and with the names of the artists on it.

I vaguely remember one of the lyrics being him lamenting "how'd i end up in the back of this trunk" or something like that.

If anyone knows,thanks!

Just for closure, i found the song after a long search :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvqJyq71sk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

ElectricBlizzard posted:

Just for closure, i found the song after a long search :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvqJyq71sk

I like all three Felt projects (and Aesop) a lot and even had that album. Sorry for missing it; I didn't know that song even had a video...

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

A.s.P. posted:

Hmm. I just heard an "indie rock" (lol) song sung by a guy with a chorus th sounds like "he knows it's gonna be over" or "he knows it's (he's?) gotta end" or something like that. Why do I always hear catchy songs when I deliberately leave my phone behind??

Perhaps Stars - One More Night

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I've got an interesting one for you guys, maybe someone knows this. About a year or two back, I stumbled upon a link I think it was to a documentary on YouTube (or it may have just been an article with links to YouTube) about this girl band that was objectively the worst band ever. They were all related, and I guess it was suppose to be some kind of Andrews Sisters type deal, and they managed to record a demo tape, but I don't think they ever got released to the public at large, precisely because the music was so indecipherably bad. As in the three girls would be playing their instruments all out of time, out of key, and singing and playing as though each girl was doing her own song. The studio engineer was even quoted as saying something like "At one point one of the girls stopped and said 'oops, I messed up that last bit,' and all I could think was 'how could you tell?'" So they've remained largely obscure, but apparently have a recent very niche cult following amongst Dadaists and eccentric music collectors, claiming the girls were way ahead of their time with whatever they were trying to accomplish.

I believe the band was around in the 60s or 70s though maybe as early as the 50s. I think the song they featured in the documentary was something like "Mister [_____]" Mister Furry or Mister something silly sounding. And it really does sound like each instrument is playing a different song while the one girl sings. I apologize that this is more of a "Help me identify a totally obscure band nobody has ever hear of before".

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

YF19pilot posted:

I've got an interesting one for you guys, maybe someone knows this. About a year or two back, I stumbled upon a link I think it was to a documentary on YouTube (or it may have just been an article with links to YouTube) about this girl band that was objectively the worst band ever. They were all related, and I guess it was suppose to be some kind of Andrews Sisters type deal, and they managed to record a demo tape, but I don't think they ever got released to the public at large, precisely because the music was so indecipherably bad. As in the three girls would be playing their instruments all out of time, out of key, and singing and playing as though each girl was doing her own song. The studio engineer was even quoted as saying something like "At one point one of the girls stopped and said 'oops, I messed up that last bit,' and all I could think was 'how could you tell?'" So they've remained largely obscure, but apparently have a recent very niche cult following amongst Dadaists and eccentric music collectors, claiming the girls were way ahead of their time with whatever they were trying to accomplish.

I believe the band was around in the 60s or 70s though maybe as early as the 50s. I think the song they featured in the documentary was something like "Mister [_____]" Mister Furry or Mister something silly sounding. And it really does sound like each instrument is playing a different song while the one girl sings. I apologize that this is more of a "Help me identify a totally obscure band nobody has ever hear of before".
Was it this article about The Shaggs?

Edit: gently caress me, this is the audio equivalent of watching a car crash - why can't I stop listening to it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPsXPCR5MU

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 5, 2014

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Pilchenstein posted:

Was it this article about The Shaggs?

Edit: gently caress me, this is the audio equivalent of watching a car crash - why can't I stop listening to it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPsXPCR5MU

Yup! That's them. "My Pal Foot Foot" was the song I was thinking about. Thanks, I think.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
This is a longshot but I heard a spanish hip hop song today, male singer, and the last word of the hook is "City"

That's all I can really say :(

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

YF19pilot posted:

Yup! That's them. "My Pal Foot Foot" was the song I was thinking about. Thanks, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDirbJbNew

Dot Wiggin has actually come back to music after years and years.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
There's a famous duo band that does music which I will assume is a mix between trance, EDM remix and stoner type stuff, I like listening to them alotwhile working but I seem to have completely forgotten their names I recall the song being released sometime in the late 2000's.

One of their most famous songs had an intro I'll never forget, it's like a bass groove, that slowly builds up, suddenly there's like a Panther or Tiger roar then the song builds an electronic beat on top of the bass line.

I feel so dumb because I remember these guys being kinda famous but cant recall their names for the life of me.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcI9PgOooTA&t=67s

Anyone know what Born to Die remix this is? Doesn't seem to be any of the popular ones. Starts at 1:06 if the time link doesn't work.

Zarc
Jul 25, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

There's a famous duo band that does music which I will assume is a mix between trance, EDM remix and stoner type stuff, I like listening to them alotwhile working but I seem to have completely forgotten their names I recall the song being released sometime in the late 2000's.

One of their most famous songs had an intro I'll never forget, it's like a bass groove, that slowly builds up, suddenly there's like a Panther or Tiger roar then the song builds an electronic beat on top of the bass line.

I feel so dumb because I remember these guys being kinda famous but cant recall their names for the life of me.

The only duo that comes to mind that sorta fits (though not really the stoner stuff) is Erasure. Do you recall if they were a new group or not? Erasure got started in the 80's I think

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

ElectricBlizzard posted:

Maybe this ? It's very Gothy and has lots of "gently caress me"in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1BWKxj_df8

Oh and i just remembered this song which also vaguely fits your description and i can imagine some alternative fashion show goth walking to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VYuDg97Teo

Hope it's one of these!

Not it, but thanks anyway.

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

Al-Saqr posted:

Might be Ratatat - Wildcat?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

YESSSSSS thank you. I love having that song on while working. I cant beleive I forgot their name. so awesome.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Long shot time:

I'm looking for a song that unintentionally became a fairly popular protest song, probably from the 40s or the 60s, unlikely but possibly from as recent as the 80s.

The title of the song is never mentioned in the lyrics so it was often referred to by the first few words of the song, which were a chorus.
The song was usually played in the western half of the united states.
The song itself is fairly upbeat with an acoustic guitar and a man singing.
The song's lyrics are fairly subtle, it is not an obvious and deliberate message about the singer's feelings about a conflict, nor was it intended to be.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Methanar posted:

Long shot time:

I'm looking for a song that unintentionally became a fairly popular protest song, probably from the 40s or the 60s, unlikely but possibly from as recent as the 80s.

The title of the song is never mentioned in the lyrics so it was often referred to by the first few words of the song, which were a chorus.
The song was usually played in the western half of the united states.
The song itself is fairly upbeat with an acoustic guitar and a man singing.
The song's lyrics are fairly subtle, it is not an obvious and deliberate message about the singer's feelings about a conflict, nor was it intended to be.

Maybe Buffalo Springfield's For What It's Worth, usually remembered for the "stop, hey, what's that sound" bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIoKr9VDg3A

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Exactly what it was. Thanks

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
While clearing out some old files, I found this song clip that I must have been saving for identification later. That was six years ago. It apparently came from a movie or TV show which explains the background noise. Would somebody give it a shot?

Thanks!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

While clearing out some old files, I found this song clip that I must have been saving for identification later. That was six years ago. It apparently came from a movie or TV show which explains the background noise. Would somebody give it a shot?

Thanks!

It's the Joe Brown version of English Country Garden. I don't think it's on Youtube, but you can hear a sample on Amazon.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Heard a song today that I completely spaced on recognizing. The problem with that is that it's something I burned onto a mix CD for the car last July and randomly pulled that disc out of the glovebox and plonked it into the player today to switch things up.

So it starts with some sort of recorded testimony of somebody talking about UFOs, specifically seeing lights in the sky that looked like reflections but couldn't be natural because of how they flashed rhythmically. From there, the synths in the background start getting louder and start arpeggiating like mad while a drum track (not sure whether they're live drums or not, I was paying more attention to the road) started playing breakbeats for the remainder of the track. I'll kick myself so hard when I figure out what it is.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Allen Wren posted:

Heard a song today that I completely spaced on recognizing. The problem with that is that it's something I burned onto a mix CD for the car last July and randomly pulled that disc out of the glovebox and plonked it into the player today to switch things up.

So it starts with some sort of recorded testimony of somebody talking about UFOs, specifically seeing lights in the sky that looked like reflections but couldn't be natural because of how they flashed rhythmically. From there, the synths in the background start getting louder and start arpeggiating like mad while a drum track (not sure whether they're live drums or not, I was paying more attention to the road) started playing breakbeats for the remainder of the track. I'll kick myself so hard when I figure out what it is.

Daft Punk - Contact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRcHTdWY5lU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

And the kicking has commenced, thanks.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Erebus posted:

It's the Joe Brown version of English Country Garden. I don't think it's on Youtube, but you can hear a sample on Amazon.

Great! Thanks.

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009
I'm trying to identify the following very small snippet for a competition:

It's definitely from an Asian pop song of some sort, and I'm leaning towards it being J-Pop, but other than that I'm not really sure. Any ideas?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Anyone know what song is played on the sax in this LP clip? I've caught snippets of it for years but never been able to pin it down and its been driving me insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx_YJYeF65s&feature=player_detailpage#t=1039

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Canemacar posted:

Anyone know what song is played on the sax in this LP clip? I've caught snippets of it for years but never been able to pin it down and its been driving me insane.

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
About a bazillion years ago (mid 2000's) someone from the Chicago area showed me a few tracks from a band with a name something like khameleon or chameleon. It was industrialish rock/metal similar to NIN but more, uh, metalcore I guess. One of the songs had a title of "numbers". I could be getting the song title and band name mixed up but I only ever look for this late at night during alcohol fueled nostalgia trips and my Google fu and memory has failed me time and time again.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

A late 80's/early 90's pop song. Music video has the singer in the woods. Maybe being a lumberjack? he's really hot. It's all extremely commercial. It sounds a lot like Bryan Adams/Rick Springfield/etc.

e: got it: too many broken hearts

Sai fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 14, 2014

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Canemacar posted:

...is that LPer listening to it at half-speed or something? That sounds so hosed up.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Jan posted:

I've been listening to different renditions of Scarborough Fair lately, and my mind keeps getting mixed up with a different song that sounds very much like it but actually isn't. I'm pretty sure it's from a video game I've played not too long ago, I just can't figure out which. So I guess this'd be better in games but it's more of a music thing? Anyway.

I don't have any real music tools so I just jotted down the melody quickly in Garage Band, without trying to get the metre right. But the melody is about right, especially the second part. The original song, I recall, was using a more medieval/bardic range of instruments.

Quoting my old as hell post but I finally figured out the answer to my own question. It was stuck in my head again, and this time I decided to try out this midomi.com website, not expecting to find anything. But there you loving go. I was completely thrown off by searching for game music.

It's strange, I thought it was instrumental, and it doesn't match the second part of my bad transcription, so my brain must've mashed up the song with another. Or maybe there's a musical arrangement elsewhere on the soundtrack. :iiam:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Jan posted:

Quoting my old as hell post but I finally figured out the answer to my own question. It was stuck in my head again, and this time I decided to try out this midomi.com website, not expecting to find anything. But there you loving go. I was completely thrown off by searching for game music.

It's strange, I thought it was instrumental, and it doesn't match the second part of my bad transcription, so my brain must've mashed up the song with another. Or maybe there's a musical arrangement elsewhere on the soundtrack. :iiam:

Lots of popular animes will have various mixes of their songs, so it could just be another version of the same song.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'm looking for a song, it's a recent song I believe that has children singing "I love you so", like a choir. I really don't know how to say more details... It has a nice little beat to it, plays a lot on the radio, at least here in Greece, don't know how popular it is abroad.
I have no idea how to search for it, every "children singing i love you" search gives me children's songs.

VV: YES! That's it! Thank you very much. Apparently I have the wrong idea of what a choir is, but thank you very much. :)

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 17, 2014

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe
Is it this by any chance?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFf85n-Im8Q

I think this plays on a Mercedes ad over here in the UK. Vocals start at around 1:15.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
A few nights ago I was scanning around the FM band while driving and came across this really cool & funky dance groove track where the only lyrics seemed to be "style... class... rhythm", each separated by like 20-30 seconds of groove. I'm not really up on all the sub-genres and sub-sub-genres of "dance" music so I'm not really sure how to better identify it.

It went like: <music-music-music buildup>"...STYLE" <music-music-music buildup> "...CLASS" <music-music-music buildup> "RHYTHM" (repeat)

Another song came on directly afterwards and the song title was never given. The station's website is no help, since I think this was playing during the late-night filler hours where they don't post the playlist. It was great driving music though and I'd really like to find it again.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Moacher posted:

A few nights ago I was scanning around the FM band while driving and came across this really cool & funky dance groove track where the only lyrics seemed to be "style... class... rhythm", each separated by like 20-30 seconds of groove. I'm not really up on all the sub-genres and sub-sub-genres of "dance" music so I'm not really sure how to better identify it.

It went like: <music-music-music buildup>"...STYLE" <music-music-music buildup> "...CLASS" <music-music-music buildup> "RHYTHM" (repeat)

Another song came on directly afterwards and the song title was never given. The station's website is no help, since I think this was playing during the late-night filler hours where they don't post the playlist. It was great driving music though and I'd really like to find it again.

The obvious guess would be some mix of Vertical Smile's Rhythm Style & Class, though I don't know if any sound exactly like what you described. See if any of the mixes in this video sound familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VViqRePyCHA

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

Erebus posted:

The obvious guess would be some mix of Vertical Smile's Rhythm Style & Class, though I don't know if any sound exactly like what you described. See if any of the mixes in this video sound familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VViqRePyCHA

Unfortunately, none of the mixes in the video match what I remember it sounding like.

The tempo and overall style of those mixes seem similar though, so I can't entirely rule out some more obscure remix of the track... I'm certain the only lyrics I heard where just the three words and nothing else though.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Moacher fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 19, 2014

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

That new one with the sax and guitar and the chilled house please.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Can anyone tell me what this bit of music is, or at least what instrument or style is used?

http://youtu.be/L7av_RpdvpQ?t=20m30s

20:30 til about 20:50

the hardcore should start the video at 20:29 ;)

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I think that's a harpsichord, or synth sounding like a harpsichord. Don't know what the song is, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Yes, like the poster above me says, that's a Harpsichord. There's an awful lot of Harpsichord music out there, mostly from the Renaissance and Baroque eras.

Here, for example, is a Bach Harpsichord Concerto:

http://youtu.be/eo-sy-Lh2vk